Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines Unofficial patch 7.6

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://planet-vampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=5641.0

I replaced the python implementation in this one so i would like it to be widely tested, just use it if you're starting a new game.

:x

There is some unused music given by the bloodlines composer, Rik Schaffer.

:love:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You'd be better off using the clan quest mod : there are four new quests (1 per clan + 3 ... i think).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If you use the camarilla edition component, it might make the game a little bit more overpowered, but it's good for a little variety (it introduces a "email course" that gives you dots for money - this makes money useful, and makes you sell things. Also timed bloodloss, you need to risk more and prepare better).

Part of the "fun" of replaying it is the optimization of the dot opportunities anyway.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yeah, fuck Tessara, or whatever his name is, i didn't even read it.

Anyway, some light hacking can increase your enjoyment of the game.
Although it has a config menu for keybindings they don't work to config the right mouse button (it escapes the keybinder).
You can change that directly in the file, in Vampire\cfgs\config.cfg

I have this setup to allow mouse only interaction 95% of the time:
left mouse button : run forward
right mouse button : feed
mouse wheel up : use
mouse wheel down : cycle disciplines
space : use discipline
alt : jump
enter : attack
ctrl : toggle stealth

toggle is something you can configure in the file so you don't have to keep pressing it.
There are about 3 times in the game you need to jump.
use discipline not in the mouse because losing blood by sausage fingers is annoying
run forward for obvious reasons
use is in the mouse because "use" is how you start talking to people

Now the only strange thing here is the use key, being MWU and not RMB - it's because using use with RMB (or any other click button) makes the game flip out on notes and such, it displays the note but immediately removes it, because RMB is treated as two events or something - using the mouse wheel avoids this.

If you have a mouse with more buttons you can add more things (like stealth toggle for instance), and never touch the keyboard except for conversations - goddamned console engine.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Ed123 said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/15/undying-vampire-bloodlines-patched-anew/

From the comments:

Tessera says:
07/16/2011 at 00:46

It has come to my attention that there is quite a bit of confusion and disinformation being posted within this topic. I will respond more fully later on.

Has Tessera absorbed Derek Smart's powers?

Tessera says:
07/16/2011 at 00:49

I would like to warn everyone to carefully scrutinize any comments which are obviously being made by people who have a less than helpful agenda. For example, there have already been a string of ridiculous disinformation and outright lies posted within this thread by someone using the name “Dominic White.” Please allow me to offer a polite rebuttal to those comments:

First of all, absolutely no part of the True Patch Gold Edition was “stolen,” nor is it a “hacked together botch job.” The True Patch Gold Edition is actually the most stable and reliable patch available for Bloodlines on the entire worldwide web. Furthermore, the complete development of the True Patch Gold Edition was performed in a very open and transparent manner, with the entire procedure being very well-documented on the tessmage.com Forums. In addition… and unlike ANY version of Wesp’s so-called patch… the True Patch was extensively tested for two full weeks, by a group of volunteer beta testers prior to its release. This was done to ensure that our patch would only be FIXING bugs… not adding any new ones, unlike a certain other “patch.”

Frankly, I am amazed by Dominic White’s comments, because each and every one of his comments is not only an outright lie, but all of those comments are quite easily refuted. Perhaps he didn’t think that I would actually show up and respond to his fallacious statements. Or perhaps he is simply parroting the idiotic smack talk made by what I refer to as “Wesp’s groupies.” In any case, there is nothing freaky or sinister about me and/or the True Patch.

Nor does the True Patch have anything whatsoever to do with any nude mods that I have released in the past. Those two hobbies are entirely separate from one another. Oh… and for the record, no — I am not “a lunatic who makes nude skins for every game under the sun.” I have been officially retired from modding for over two years…. but back when I was releasing nude mods, I only released mods for a grand total of five or six games. Hardly what I would call “every game under the sun.” and all of those mods were extremely popular. In fact, one of those mods has proven to be far more popular than all of the other mods and patches available for Bloodlines COMBINED. Sorry to blow my own horn here, but I wanted to get things into their proper perspective.

The actual bottom line is this: the True Patch Gold Edition fixes ALL of the most important bugs which exist in the plain-vanilla version of Bloodlines, without making any unnecessary changes to the original items, quests and overall gameplay. This is in stark contrast to the so-called “unofficial patches” produced on an almost bi-weekly basis by Werner Spahl (Wesp5). Every version of his work — including his mislabeled “basic” version — is filled from top to bottom with unnecessary and completely arbitrary changes to the default game. Where I come from, that’s not a patch — it’s a mod. And that is why we created the True Patch in the first place: to give Bloodlines players the option of simply patching the game and playing it without any unnecessary changes — the way Troika originally intended for it to be played. You can always install a mod later on, if you want certain things to be different. But to impose a slew of completely arbitrary and subjective changes upon every single end user is simply not what I would consider to be permissible within the confines of an actual patch.

Sadly, Werner Spahl (Wesp5) has a very different philosophy and thus, every single version of his work to date forces the end user to accept a plethora of changes to the game that many players may NOT want to have forced upon them. This is a very sad state of affairs… but fortunately, the True Patch Gold Edition exists as an extremely high-quality alternative.

Every single statement within this rebuttal can be verified. So let me close by saying this: if you dislike me for some reason, or if you are a repressed individual who holds some sort of irrational resentment of nude modders, then that is your problem. But to attack my work with a string of deliberate lies and deceptions is not only unfair to the larger Bloodlines community, but it is also extremely childish and should be beneath any true adult.

All my best,

- Tessera -
Author: True Patch Gold Edition for VTM: Bloodlines

To “Fiatil”

No worries… I have no intention of allowing them to suck me into yet another of their childish battles.

But I would like to respond to something that you said about Wesp’s so-called “light” or “basic” version of his “unofficial patch.”

Recently on the tessmage.com Forums, one of our veteran members performed a very lengthy and point-by-point analysis of Wesp’s recent work. He then posted a very revealing examination of exactly how many unnecessary and completely arbitrary changes have been introduced into Bloodlines by Wesp and his cohorts.

We had always known that Wesp’s work contains numerous unnecessary changes to the game. But we were actually shocked when it was revealed that even in the most “basic” version of Wesp’s so-called “patch,” there are literally HUNDREDS of changes which are NOT required. Far from being “bug fixes and restored content,” every single one of those hundreds of changes are actually frivolous, subjective and completely unwarranted.

Some players may like those changes. Others may not. It doesn’t matter, because we are talking about a patch here — not a mod. My position has always been that it is wrong to disguise your release as a “patch,” and then use it to FORCE every single end user to accept numerous changes to the game which are… in almost every single case… completely arbitrary and unwarranted.

Hence the creation of the True Patch. Indeed, this is why I named it “The True Patch” in the first place: because unlike every single version of Wesp’s work, it is in fact a “true” patch, in the sense that it focuses almost entirely upon fixing

Tessera says:
07/16/2011 at 01:51

mwoody says:
07/16/2011 at 01:27

“Indeed, let’s revisit Tessera’s past work.”

Oh, please. First of all, that is not an example of “my past work.” That is an example of a HUGE fight that erupted between me and Wesp back in 2007. It was FOUR YEARS AGO and much of my anger was in response to a string of insults being hurled by Wesp on numerous other forum boards. make no mistake — Wesp is no saint in this conflict. Let’s keep that crystal clear. As for my bad temper, it is notorious and I make no apologies for it. But more importantly, it has absolutely no bearing whatsoever upon the quality of my ACTUAL WORK, which you have failed to properly mention.

I could counter your post by bringing up the numerous examples of sabotage… committed directly by Wesp… upon every single mention made of the True Patch on nearly every single game-related forum board which exists. And we could no doubt chat for hours about Wesp’s revolting past history of making deliberately misleading and inappropriate edits to the Wikipedia entries regarding the True Patch. Quite a heated battle broke out over that nasty little bit of skulduggery, too. Or, I could talk about the fact that more than half of the content contained within Wesp’s so-called “unofficial patch” was not actually created by Wesp himself… but was indeed lifted from the hard work done by others. And sometimes, Wesp did so without obtaining prior permission.

We could go on and on… all day and night… making accusations and counter-accusations. And in the end, it is actually Wesp who would come out looking the worst. But I didn’t come here to fight. I have already had all of those tired old battles and I have no interest in rehashing them. I came here to tell the truth about the True Patch Gold Edition. That’s it… that’s the only reason for my appearance on this blog.

I created the True Patch as a favor to Bloodlines players. I don’t make any money from it. I don’t seek any career in gaming from it. I don’t get any big rush to my ego if lots of people install it (my other mods have already done wonders for my ego, thank you very much). Nope… my motives are purely altruistic. I wanted Bloodlines players to have free and easy access to a viable alternative to Wesp’s work. And that is precisely what I have given to them. That is my contribution to the larger Bloodlines community… and in my opinion, it has been a very valuable contribution.

And as it turned out, thousands upon thousands of Bloodlines players decided that indeed, they preferred to play Troika’s game without bugs… not Wesp’s deliberately dumbed-down and bastardized version of it. I am therefore glad to know that my initial anger towards Wesp was entirely justified… and that there was indeed a serious need for the True Patch.

Anyone can make anonymous comments on an obscure blog. But only a very few of us have actually contributed anything of value to this game. I happen to be one of those people and I am very proud of the work that I have done.

- Tessera -

Indeed, let’s revisit Tessera’s past work. We can start with an old forum post of his, talking to Wesp (the creator of the patch linked in the RPS article above). It’s long, but I think it deserves to be recreated in the full.

“No, you disgusting little kraut bastard… we knew where they were BECAUSE WE HAVE PLAYED THE GAME AS LONG AS YOU HAVE.

You FUCKING DISGUSTING MEGALOMANIACAL little NAZI. Do you honestly think you have some gifted knowledge of Bloodlines that NO ONE ELSE can POSSIBLY possess..?

Wesp… if I were you, I would thank the gods that there is an entire ocean separating you from me right now. Be very, very thankful for that… you slimy, self-serving little piece of human garbage. If there is any justice in this world, then you will surely die of the most horrible disease known to mankind. I will pray for that in earnest.

FUCK YOU, JUNIOR HITLER. Now shove it up your ass and rotate:)lol: ?:lol: gotta give credits where they're due :salute:) on it — the way you enjoy it most. The only liar here is YOU. Do you wanna know who the REAL thief is, Wesp..? Shall I tell you, scumbag..?

YOU STOLE BLOODLINES — FROM EVERY SINGLE PLAYER OF THIS GAME ON THE PLANET WHO INSTALLED YOUR HORRIBLE, CHILDISHLY CONCEIVED and DISGUSTINGLY INAPPROPRIATE CONVERSION MODS.

You, Wesp… YOU STOLE THEIR GAME FROM THEM. You STOLE IT from Troika, too. You STOLE IT from new players who did not know any better, and installed YOUR AMATEURISH CRAP — because they thought that it was an actual patch. YOU, WESP — YOU STOLE BLOODLINES FROM HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, just so you could feed your post-adolescent ego, and your laughably silly dream that you will somehow get a career out of this idiocy.

I honestly hope you DIE… DIE… DIE, you disgusting little German SCHWEINHUND.

Pray that you never meet me face-to-face, Werner. Fortunately, I don’t go to oppressive shitholes like Germany.I don’t like Nazis, drunks(?) andfaggots — the three things that Germany has contributed to the world in abundance. So I guess you’re safe, you slimy little piece of monkey shit.

And that, dear Wesp, is my farewell to YOU PERSONALLY. I couldn’t miss this last opportunity to tell you how fond I am of you and your “work.” Hopefully, you will read this before it gets deleted — you masturbating, puny little kraut faggot.”

:bro:
:smug: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this guy should post in GD, let's start a poll to unban him

this is the kind of guy that's so fucked up that you can't even feel proper "sorryness" for him, but at the same time he's a walking comedy goldmine, it's like it's some sort of escapee from a mental institution that tells people on the net to it'll beat their sorry asses oldstyle.

But seriously tessera, if you're reading this go get some treatment, man. Even though I'm making fun of you I say this with no hate or anything, you probably even suspect there's something wrong(are you gonna go against yourself?), there are professionals that can fix this, it's not something to be ashamed of or anything, if it doesn't(I mean OR didn't work) don't stop trying, one day you'll see things clearly and will be a happy, fully functional member of society. It's hard, yes, but don't give up hope man, that's just how life is. Just remember : This is the kind of thing you give up you'll regret it, one way or the other, so the only choice is hurting yourself for a small amount of time and hurting yourself forever. You'll be laughing at what you're doing man, realizing how wrong you were.

And to the smug fucks who'll be saying I'm a being retarded white knight since he's not even a(pretty) camwhore(who everyone who isn't a psychopath automatically emphatizes with), you're probably right, but he probably googles his own name every day, and I'm still mocking him so... :M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You didn't realize he has alt sockpuppets doing his own cock sucking in that rps article comments?

I'm sure that if he wants to he could figure out how to troll bore the codex with alts.

Oriebam

SCO said:
You didn't realize he has alt sockpuppets doing his own cock sucking in that rps article comments?

I'm sure that if he wants to he could figure out how to troll bore the codex with alts.
Actually, the only comment of that nature I didn't skim through made that quite obvious

but his more EXTREME posting on GD threads would be awesome, maybe even here if that didn't get him banned for causing excessive butthurt :lol: since even our brobelt causes some, or maybe not

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
But would he dare to come here? The RPS crowd is still somewhat civilized, while if he came here he'd be cooked alive or become the new Skyway.

Unless … he's already posting here … Wait a minute …

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Search for his name here. You'll see this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/profile.p ... ile&u=8026

(he isn't banned).

However, he is a
dumbfuck.gif
, which probably crimps his narcissistic style.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Why the fuck do i have more posts than you? Weren't you the 3º gen spammer extraordinaire?

And no, it's the same game, just a different version of the python interpreter.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fortunately, I think most people see through tessera's artificial drama and the bullshit about how his patch is more "true" than Wesp's.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
tessera the butthurt said:
the so-called “unofficial patches” produced on an almost bi-weekly basis by Werner Spahl (Wesp5). Every version of his work — including his mislabeled “basic” version — is filled from top to bottom with unnecessary and completely arbitrary changes to the default game.

I'd be curious as to what these are specifically, and why it fills him with so much butthurt/rage.

Looking at the mod history in the readme, seems like it's some serious shit

Fixed lost Mercurio email and removed added Gargoyle XP from basic.
Added dumpster downtown to cover map hole and made Phil stay longer.
Corrected Imalia only giving one camera and the missing pier music.
Added Malkavian whispers transcript to Extras, thanks to an unknown.
Fixed Nosferatu and Malkavian detection script of King's Way level.
Replaced ancient Python 2.1 version with 2.7.2, thanks ColonelAlias.
Fixed spawning of Hallowbrook enemies and more minor level details.
Moved some new props and restored a few more to warrens and Asylum.
Restored Fu Syndicate alarm switch sequence and three context icons.
Fixed Jack, Isaac and LaCroix dialogues and theatre web log update.
Added walkthrough including patch changes, thanks to vampyri_lestat.
Moved new raver as DJ into Confession and restored old DJ to Glaze.
Fixed intro paintings, added two more and swapped two with Skyeline.
Corrected look-through problems of male Tremere and Ventrue models.
Removed poster quests from basic patch and added a log for Tourette.
Finally fixed Beckett's "wait" freeze bug, thanks to burgermeister.
Set cameras stack limit to five and fixed bad stack limit variables.
Moved unreachable NPCs at Hallowbrook hotel and fixed door opening.
Fixed Regent's lip-sync, warehouse pallet and railing clipping bugs.
Stopped VV sending emails if pissed and fixed some minor text bugs.
Fixed wrong weapon stats shown using new client.dll, thanks to int9.
Made Red Dragon hostess stay and repeat her elevator conversations.
Restored original poster order and clerk sexual bias to basic patch.
Fixed claw brother being susceptible to one-hit-kill by Possession.
Corrected Heather changing clothes and added Gary to intro sequence.
Added missing endgame quest logs and pause key option to keys menu.
Restored four female and two male hand skins and Nosferatu eyeballs.

Seriously, man? How could you mess with the warehouse pallet? Rpg experience = ruined

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
SCO said:
Search for his name here. You'll see this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/profile.p ... ile&u=8026

(he isn't banned).

However, he is a
dumbfuck.gif
, which probably crimps his narcissistic style.

Interests:
Gaming,. modding and my fiance` ... pretty much in that order, which is probably why we still haven't set a date...

This has to be a troll right? Right?

I really don't know how he could sees himself as morally superior in any way towards Wesp and at the same time prefers a task like gaming over the women he is going to marry. That dude lost his sanity a while ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually living in a basement and his "fiance" is a fucking mannequin.

Oriebam

Apparently he liked showing people pictures of him with her. Reminds me of american psycho

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I don't know any specifics, but I don't see anything wrong with there being a patch with nothing but bug-fixes and one with improved and restored content. Gives you more choice, especially since first playthroughs are better unmodded. Tessera's whole problem seems to be that Wesp's thing is labelled as patch instead of mod, which is pretty stupid and not worth the constant attention he gets for it.

Just play the patches and stop turning the Codex into a tabloid more than it already is.

Oriebam

Reject_666_6 said:
I don't know any specifics, but I don't see anything wrong with there being a patch with nothing but bug-fixes and one with improved and restored content. Gives you more choice, especially since first playthroughs are better unmodded. Tessera's whole problem seems to be that Wesp's thing is labelled as patch instead of mod, which is pretty stupid and not worth the constant attention he gets for it.

Just play the patches and stop turning the Codex into a tabloid more than it already is.
Every release wesp makes has a pure bugfix patch and a Plus patch

IronicNeurotic said:
Interests:
Gaming,. modding and my fiance` ... pretty much in that order, which is probably why we still haven't set a date...

This has to be a troll right? Right?

I really don't know how he could sees himself as morally superior in any way towards Wesp and at the same time prefers a task like gaming over the women he is going to marry. That dude lost his sanity a while ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually living in a basement and his "fiance" is a fucking mannequin.

That's called a "joke". I don't really get it either, but it seems to be pleasant to humans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom