Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines Unofficial patch 7.6

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
larpingdude18 said:
SCO said:
I replaced the python implementation in this one so i would like it to be widely tested, just use it if you're starting a new game.

Patch 7.6b said:
7.6b removes Python 2.7.2 due to incompatibilies with Win64 systems

:lol:

Yeah the dude that had that problem had it anyway on the patch 7.5.

There might be problems with the stack allocation/deallocation across C library boundaries but i figured that the game didn't cross those boundaries since all python objects are garbage collected (this means c code is forbidden to deallocate them).
(in fact i just finished a replay with the replacement dll)

Compiling python 2.7 in VC++ 6 is impossible anyway, so if he really wants to remove it i give up.

Drakron

Arcane
M4BE1R0 said:
Every release wesp makes has a pure bugfix patch and a Plus patch

He only started to do that later, dont recall exactly when but I suspect it was after the True Patch come out and that was my problem with his "patches".

Acleacius

Novice
There's a problem, more testing is needed, Please DON"T use 7.6 or 7.6a the links have been fixed.
Current Threat.

As for the new Python version, there were reports on the Steam forum that using
the old one fixed the issues, so I restored the old Python version and the new
fixed patch 7.6b is available from The Patches Scrolls already.

Please use only 7.6b, until the Python issue is resolved, apologies about any inconvenience.

bussinrounds

Augur
Do i need to start up a new game to get these updates for 7.6b, or will my current game saves be patched to 7.6b also, once i install it ?

Not really a huge deal, as i wasn't too far into it anyway.

Multi-headed Cow

Acleacius said:
There's a problem, more testing is needed, Please DON"T use 7.6 or 7.6a the links have been fixed.
Current Threat.

As for the new Python version, there were reports on the Steam forum that using
the old one fixed the issues, so I restored the old Python version and the new
fixed patch 7.6b is available from The Patches Scrolls already.

Please use only 7.6b, until the Python issue is resolved, apologies about any inconvenience.
God damn it, I just installed 7.5, and then 7.6, then I installed 7.6a, and now this. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GAMES GET PATCHED. :x

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You could just rename the vampire_python21.dll.12 to vampire_python21.dll after installing 7.6b if you have it.

Wait, are you in vista or windows 7? Could you do me the favor of testing some things if you already downloaded the patch?
0) install the patch with python 7.6b if you still have it
1) turn UAC off.
2) copy MSVCR71.dll to the game folder
3) see if the the game runs from the command line.

I think that the problem those dudes are having is that they don't have the dll, or if they copied it to the game folder, UAC moves it to the shadow directory it has for folders in "Program Files".

You can rename the file anyway if it doesn't work, and you don't need to download the patch again if you already have it.

Multi-headed Cow

Windows 7. However I'm running the Steam version, and it doesn't seem to like me running the game from command line. That was with 7.6a though, haven't downloaded 7.6b yet. I'll nab the DLL and and 7.6b and try it out for you though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Multi-headed Cow said:
Windows 7. However I'm running the Steam version, and it doesn't seem to like me running the game from command line. That was with 7.6a though, haven't downloaded 7.6b yet. I'll nab the DLL and and 7.6b and try it out for you though.
Huh, you don't need to do that for me, Wesp is probably going to revert the change anyway in the new version. (a pity, because i made this for modder exactly, because it gives access to the half life 2 console).

If you wait a second i can whip up something that will work when overwritten over 7.6a by pm.

Multi-headed Cow

Nah, it's no problem. I wasn't planning on playing Bloodlines terribly soon anyway, I just had it installed since I was dicking with the Steam copy of it. Already got 7.6b downloaded, installing it and slapping the .dll in at the moment.

Multi-headed Cow

Alright. Installed 7.6b, copied over the .dll, already had UAC disabled, did start run cmd and browsed over to the folder, ran vampire, it pops up and says "Failed to find Steam". Same error if I double click the exe in explorer. Seems to launch completely fine if I launch it via Steam though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Oh, steam wraps the executables to expect another process (steam i guess).

Do the movies work ok?

Multi-headed Cow

Oh the movies before getting in to the main menu? Nope. I get sound but no video on that. When I start a new game the in-engine cutscenes work fine though.

Edit: The megaupload link you PMed me is being a silly shit and saying it's temporarily unavailable.

Edit 2: Now it's letting me download.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
:retarded:

If you backup vampire_python21.dll and rename vampire_python21.dll.12 to vampire_python21.dll in the Bin subfolder (and to be safe, rename msvcr71.dll in the root game folder too) and start the game, do the movies play?

If no, it's not my fault.

Edit: forgot the crucial word "rename"

Multi-headed Cow

If I rename vampire_python21.dll and vampire_python21.dll and msvcr71.dll the game doesn't launch and says "Unable to load engine.dll"

Edit: Excuse me, misread the renaming of the .dll.12. Renaming THAT one to vampire_python21.dll lets the game launch but doesn't show the movies.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
No, rename vampire_python21.dll.12 to vampire_python21.dll (it's the original).

Thanks for doing this.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, just caught that myself. It would appear it's not your fault then.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Movies (more like logos 8) ) don't play in windows 7 then.

Multi-headed Cow

Was gonna say, not really like anyone's missing out on anything.

SCO said:
Movies (more like logos 8) ) don't play in windows 7 then.

I'm playing on Windows 7 32 bit + 7.6b, and the intro movies are playing fine, sound and all. The in game cutscenes also work perfectly, except for one thing...characters seem to have multiple pupils / irises. Like this:

1190269938.jpg

I never noticed that before, but I don't know if the patch caused that. I'm playing a portable version of VtMB (as in, just unpack and play, no install). Shouldn't affect anything, I guess.

Also, I don't know if it should be like that, but I have both vampire_python21.dll and vampire_python21.dll.12 in the folder with all the DLLs.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That's a known bug of some drivers (it's a original game bug).

There is some guy in a forum that said this:
EDIT: I have narrowed it down to anisotropic filtering. It has to be overridden for the multi-eye issue to dissapear.
http://planet-vampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=5407.0

Though i don't know if it works

CrazyEyes.jpg

The screenshot is from a mod though.
Quite a rush to see a prostitute with 4 eyes yeah?

Yeah, I just read through that thread. Shame I never touch anti aliasing, I don't noice the difference anyway. I'll look for another solution. Maybe this happened when I updated my drivers? That was ages ago...then again, I also played Bloodlines for the last time ages ago.

more derping:

eyeballssza9.jpg

edit: oh hey, found a thread by you on this subject

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 98#1483698

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I edited my post. Some other guy says it is anisotropic filtering.

Looks good in motion doesn't it 8) - especially when the other eye appears to focus on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom