Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It looks much cooler in black and white. (Though it would be eyesore to play for a long time.)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
The pic with no post processing looks better, another proof that special effects are ugly most of the time.
Tiny Tina grow up and become playable character?

Gerrard

Arcane
"Look at all these cool shading features we lifted from ArcSystemWorks."

Even if it will look cool I have zero doubts that it will be a shit game.

Ash

Arcane
Borderlands has the honor of being one of few FPRPGs I don't particularly like, along with Bethesda's games post-decline. My other half likes it and drags me into playing it (or used to, rather) and I spend a good portion of that time whining about the fetch uests, excessive contemporary pop culture pandering via writing and humor, shit RPG and loot systems, weapon designs that are utterly generic and unappealing, and when they're not totally generic they're oftentimes outright annoying (such as a sniper rifle that audibly nags you CONSTANTLY), and level design that while not terrible is still pretty bland.

All that said, still better than Bioshock, and it's playable in short bursts.

sullynathan

Arcane
You know, I liked Borderlands 1, and I liked Borderlands 2 even more. Then I played the pre-sequel and it was pretty much the same as BL2, and pretty bad and boring. Then I actually bought BL2 and played it and it was ridiculously boring. It makes me think why I found it fun in the first place but no fun anymore.

Ash

Arcane
It's playable, at least, and understandable why the mainstream likes it. It's better than your average modern game anyway.

Gregz

Arcane
If there's one game the Codex hates, but I love, it's Borderlands.

As much as you guys love Dark Souls, (I think it's shit), Borderlands is my Dark Souls.

So fuck all the haters (entire Codex).

I'm really glad to hear there's a potentially fun game being made somewhere. The only other game I'm actually looking forward to (Bannerlord) won't be out for another decade at this rate.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
If there's one game the Codex hates, but I love, it's Borderlands.

As much as you guys love Dark Souls, (I think it's shit), Borderlands is my Dark Souls.

So fuck all the haters (entire Codex).

I'm really glad to hear there's a potentially fun game being made somewhere. The only other game I'm actually looking forward to (Bannerlord) won't be out for another decade at this rate.
fuck people who hate borderlands
it's a relaxing shooter looter

Gerrard

Arcane
The first one was the only good one. Most of the people who declare themselves fans of the series either never played it or lack the reasoning capabilities needed to understand just how declined the second game was.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Borderlands 1 is a fun game although a bit boring if played solo, Borderlands 2 is far worse then the first and only playable with friends, Presequel is just a complete garbage.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Borderlands 1 is a fun game although a bit boring if played solo, Borderlands 2 is far worse then the first and only playable with friends, Presequel is just a complete garbage.
I would put the presequel way above the second by far.

No slag,better loot,jet pack make for better game play.
Unfortunately it has the same horrible humor, and a severe lack of content compared to the second.
Also the grinder loot implementation is a complete failure.

And the classes are personally much better handled then in the second,i don't think there is anything like the claptrap class in the second ggameplay wise.

Codex Year of the Donut
I would put the presequel way above the second by far.

No slag,better loot,jet pack make for better game play.
Unfortunately it has the same horrible humor, and a severe lack of content compared to the second.
Also the grinder loot implementation is a complete failure.

And the classes are personally much better handled then in the second,i don't think there is anything like the claptrap class in the second ggameplay wise.
only problem with presequel was the lack of content
slag was a horrible design decision and ruined 2 for me tbh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom