Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bringing D&D/AD&D campaign settings to life with Stable Diffusion

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thanks for contributing to the fall of human civilization, ASSHOLES.
Human civilization was basically dead by the late 90s. We're just burying it under AI elf drawings. :M

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Thanks for contributing to the fall of human civilization, ASSHOLES.
Saving Western civilization, one attractive woman at a time:

MgVv6Nc.png
MY7BNvX.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I've belatedly downloaded the Stable Diffusion XL model, which is based on a resolution of 1024x1024 rather than 512x512 as for the earlier models. There are a variety of recommended resolutions to be used with it, e.g. 832x1216 is the closest to a 2:3 ratio that is divisible by 64 pixels in both width and height, but the higher resolutions have the drawback of a correspondingly lengthier processing time.

Challenge: 19th Century and Victorian Era characters (or whatever) more-or-less in the style of Arcanum.

I'm not specifically requesting anything, mind you.
A second attempt at creating steampunk characters reminiscent of Arcanum:

6NigJ2s.png
IDwNzyo.png

v5zOSuh.png
ZIXD6ft.png

t7SBZvW.png
AEyqxXf.png

ahOc16R.png
YBHrjAz.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Stable Diffusion XL is much better at emulating the style of Virgil Finlay than my earlier attempt with v1.4, so here are some new portraits of the Alphatian imperial court from the Dawn of the Emperors box set:

Empress Eriadna:
LhkRRVk.png
2JNN5Jr.png

8JAQA2v.png
akaxZRk.png

Crown Prince Zandor:
lQVKouq.png
v6BwDKL.png

Princess Mariella:
5XLoz9P.png
kfE54Jp.png

Master Terari:
Wo5Zp9W.png
9IGUVda.png

Princess Asteriela of Thyatis:
ja8f2L0.png
ljMP64f.png

f2rZfxh.png
pf4EhJd.png

Galatia Allatrian, lady-in-waiting to Princess Asteriela:
hKJypjt.png
WT1ejUH.png

dOXmVuv.png
4wRTB2b.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
When I generated images for GAZ7 The Northern Reaches, I created a few in the style of Konstantin Vasilyev and N.C. Wyeth but never followed up that style, until now:

fgx70aA.png
8MFbdwg.png

r9KOd6a.png
dRvpyLi.png

HyjoMLg.png
sfTGL1Y.png

B0yJ6Cr.png
LzBuDZt.png

RPK

Scholar
AI has gotten a lot better at drawing hands. still not perfect, but at least it's the right number now and they generally go the right direction :-D

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
SDXL is also much better at the pre-Raphelite style, which I had experimented with for a few images relating to GAZ7 The Northern Reaches:

King Hord Dark-Eye of Ostland:
QfkSP51.png
RYp67BF.png

Queen Yrsa:
FZAEuLz.png
V7Fegcd.png

Asgrim (a cleric):
NJfUJNX.png
NMToaR0.png

Bonus female skald:
EoB9i1G.png
s0SddxE.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So AI still cannot get the hands right?
And eyes, it seems.
Eyes are easy to fix. Hands are harder, but can still be fixed with AI. Eyes take two minutes. Hands take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on how bad they are and what you want them to be doing. You might as well redraw hands in a lot of cases, and you may have to partially anyway even if you use AI to fix them.

SDXL really wasn't the leap forward in terms of quality we'd all hoped for, but it does better at interpreting most prompts.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
AI gonna AI. I've started using "half-elf" instead of "elf" to counter that, but they are still pretty big.
Well, depends on the overall direction of the prompt. They get smaller if I force more oldschool 80s art look.

Having said that, I think it looks alright on these particular pictures.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
AI gonna AI. I've started using "half-elf" instead of "elf" to counter that, but they are still pretty big.
Back in Stable Diffusion v1.4, I used the "small ears" prompt to counteract this trend when creating images for GAZ5 The Elves of Alfheim, but testing it this is clearly no longer sufficient. Negative prompts such as "pointy ears", "sharp ears", and "pointed ears" do help, however, more so when all three are included, and additional emphasis can be given to them.

Although the Gazetteer series ended before it could reach Sind, a country based on India and situated to the west of Darokin, the Champions of Mystara box set in 1993 did devote a handful of pages to an overview of Sind.

The capital Sayr Ulan
SKuna6y.png
1hXbWOi.png

The Palace in Sayr Ulan
dJ0802q.png
WSpWee1.png

People
PbMVOiM.png
zFOrAjw.png

Ucm2Xj3.png
jURK8j6.png

LZCc7SF.png
sbA8GeB.png

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
OC Donut Steel.

Duchess Saleosa, ruling over 4th circle of hell. Mistress of Bloodless evil, Connoisseur of Mortal Emotions.
A fallen angel praying on jealousy, unrequited passions and love tragedies.
OIGttttthsa.jpg

Servant of Saleosa visits a woman in her sleep to give her free relationship advice.
OIGffr33.jpg

Servant of Saleosa offers a youth potion. For a small price...
OIG3421233.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom