Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Broken Lines - WW2 narrative tactics with simultaneous turn resolution

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New content update:

Get ready to shoot and drink your way through the brand new free campaign The Dead and the Drunk, and guide the same old group of misfits in their struggle against all-new challenges!

There’s something strange and occult going on, and it’s not just the fog - the dead are rising from their graves! Now our heroes must face hordes of reanimated corpses as well as the ruthless masked troops, in a three-sided conflict that the squad sure as hell didn’t sign up for! The situation is more than a sane, sober soldier can handle, and nobody would blame them for cowardly running away and never coming back.

But the local trader Izkor has a solution for their lack of spirit, and it’s alcoholic enough to catch fire. With Izkor’s suspicious cocktail fueling them, the soldiers are drunk, they’re pumped, they’re driven, they’re angry - but at least they’re not dead! ...yet.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Zombies, really
:nocountryforshitposters:

This smells to me like "challenge maps" more than anything else, especially considering it's free. I suppose that's not the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't mind playing through a couple more set pieces in this engine.

Still, zombies

really

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/926580/view/2949259187601020150

Broken Lines - The Dead and the Drunk AVAILABLE NOW!

Greetings one and all!

The time has come, our first expansion, Broken Lines - The Dead and the Drunk is here!
What's more, we have even more great news, this expansion is entirely FREE and will be delivered as an update to the main game.

92431f50420b8b999e02668398558fc7ed489846.jpg

The Dead and the Drunk

A bizarre new challenge awaits the surviving squad members. The mysterious fog released by the masked enemies is causing the dead to rise once again.

Faced with such a situation, the squad is now on the edge of a meltdown. Crashlanding in an unknown country, facing off against an unknown enemy, breathing in a pestilential fog were all bad enough, but now they have to face hordes of reanimated corpses.

Luckily Izkor is on hand to help keep the squad together. How does he do that? With plenty of strong booze that will put hairs on your chest and then burn it off!

The masked enemies are giving no quarter and will continue to hunt you.
The zombies will attack the living, no matter who they are.

What are you left with? A three-way stand-off against an insane living foe and the mindless dead.

Fun Facts about the Playtest

With the launch here, it's only logical for the playtest session to come to an end. We really enjoyed using Steam Playtest and want to thank everyone who took part as your help has been amazingly useful.

Thanks to you all, we were able to identify some major issues and fix them before the full launch, something that we're sure you will all appreciate.

What's more, the statistics from the playtest session beat all of our expectations.
  • In total, we approved over 260 people (more than we expected).
  • The average playtime was 2h 2m
  • A significantly large proportion of the players played for over 3 hours
  • Most surprisingly, 10% of the players played for over 5 hours
  • The longest playtime recorded was an amazing 20h.
What does this mean for you? Simple, the playtime of Broken Lines has now been significantly increased, and we hope that you will enjoy playing this new and bizarrely fun campaign!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom