Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Building in The Sims 2 sucks and blows heavy chunks

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You can not attach a Garage to a House. It's like, the morons who decided to add cars into the game didn't actually look at any house in existence. They went "Hey, let's NOT allow people to attach Garages to Houses with Foundations because you know, that's how it's done!".

Now, I'm aware of the "cheat" that allows you to bypass all the Sims 2 "not gonna let you do anything you might find in a normal house" shit and actually, God forbid, attach your Garage to a House but that just seems to fuck more stuff up, like adding items and shit is still messed up and really, why do I have to use a cheat and figure out how to unfuck everything? Clearly the engine can handle it if people can enable a cheat and do it so why do I need a "cheat" in order to make my fucking house look like a mother-fucking normal house? Who's the retard at Maxis that thought that was a good idea?

... and foundations themselves. Why can't I have slopes leading up to my house? Clearly the engine (if you want to cock around for long enough) can allow it yet you have to cock things up and then uncock them to get it done. Why are foundations even on a rise? Why can't they be level with the ground? That's how my foundations are in my real house. Smart people who build houses dug down, put the foundations DOWN and levelled all the other shit around to it. But The Sims won't even let you add a motherfucking pile of dirt against your wall because, I dunno... someone at Maxis is retarded.

Fuck the pets expansion and the business expansion and the laundry room expansion (actually, they should add a laundry). Fuck all that shit. Someone at Maxis needs to be slapped into action to making a mother-fucking Architecture Expansion that allows you to do all the fucking things that a normal house has, like toilets against diagonal walls.

This post brought to you by someone who spent hours fucking around with a bunch of tutorials trying to make something which should be so much fucking easier to do.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I never understood what the strength of The Sims was. Why live an ordinary life inside a computer?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
To distract yourself from your own ordinary life, duh.

Hey Elwro, can you help me with my physics homework? What the hell is "linear regression"?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jasede said:
To distract yourself from your own ordinary life, duh.

Hey Elwro, can you help me with my physics homework? What the hell is "linear regression"?

What is that on German? Maybe I can help.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
"Lineare Regression". Supposedly it's a method of turning a number of points (results from an experiment) into a straight line. There's five semi-random points on a coordinate-system and I am supposed to draw the graph through the system in such a way that it will mark the average result of the experiment in a straight line with a constant m of mx + n.

God, my math homework is less work. "Prove that SQRT(12) is element |N or NOT element of |Q."

TrustNo1

Scholar
Jasede said:
"Lineare Regression". Supposedly it's a method of turning a number of points (results from an experiment) into a straight line. There's five semi-random points on a coordinate-system and I am supposed to draw the graph through the system in such a way that it will mark the average result of the experiment in a straight line with a constant m of mx + n.

Don`t you have like, mathbooks and stuff?

It`s really very simple, if you just can find the right formulas to put the coordinate numbers into.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh, Wikipedia, right. Well, the prof (of course) gave us homework for which we need methods we won't learn until a few weeks. In Germany (and I guess everywhere else) the first few months of a science major (math, physics, chemistry) are designed to piss you off so much you quit so the classes get as small as possible. You should see the stacks of homework they throw at us! :whine:

Thanks guys, forgot about good old Wiki. It should have the formula, or I can Google. Heh, under time pressure you never think of the easiest solution.

Oh, and Trust, I can't afford anything ATM because it's doubtful if I can pay my rent. :D

dagorkan

Arbiter
Google mathworld, wolfram something. For physics stuff google hyperphysics or search physicsforums.com, tutorials section. There are threads with links to free academic ebooks.

If you want a more general understanding, or some concept explained differently search major universities websites for lecture notes, problem sheets with answers etc. MIT does a lot of video lectures you can download if you find redding is teh hard.

Or ask your friends and lecturer.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit, it's like free univesity! Thank you so much! I am also in three learning groups, to improve social skills mainly. There's a guy wearing pink buttons.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. The MIT assignments in analysis are the same as mine for this week! That's great, I have something to compare my results to BEFORE turning the paper in! Sheek, you're my hero.

Cassidy

Arcane
Linear regression is one of the things during the making of statistics <s>automated software</s> big companies corporate people do, by using last year's collected data of "graphics and hype total investment"(x) and "game sales"(y) and putting it under a graphic that will then be streamlined to motivate companies to do exactly what is currently happening with the game industry.

Because as long as, statistically, raising x proportionally raises y more than raising z(nonlinearity, choices and consequences, deep plotlines), they will choose x as the main place to invest in game development.

PS: Multiple variables can be used for linear regression too, but what's the point of doing it professionally with all the streamlining trend? Easier to take "hype and graphics" as the only variable and ignore things like "angry vocal franchise fans" as influences in the prediction of sales. I guess Chuck Cuevas thought that when making linear regression for "FOBOS sales prediction"

*Edit 2: No "Murder", "Rape" or "Mutilate" options and Sims act like retards. What's the point of playing the simulation an average person routine?

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Nevermind...

/illiterate

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom