Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt release Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, I did not know, but I do not care. To me the entire 'it's cyberpunk so it's must be electronic shit' is utter nonsense. It's basically because first cyberpunk movies came in the 80s where electro was associated with futuristic stuff. Shit sounded horrible back then, and it sounds horrendously now.
I want 80s rock myself.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Under that axiom I'm sure a quarter of the Codex -- including myself -- would be dead. You'll still be here when you're 30 bitching about video games!
1336940-WGDXIQQ.gif

I wonder if the codex will even be here in 7 years, after kickstarter proves to be the breeding grounds of false hope.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Damn, you're that young? Okay, maybe you won't be posting here in seven years but probably somewhere else. RPG Watch!

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm not being edgy, I'm just saying I don't like it and find it weird someone does. I can't put myself into your position, that's all.
And funnily enough, we're almost the same age. ;)
Wow, you must be really old then - I can imagine you dying in a wheelchair while watching the dawn of your generation through a huge window of a rest home.

I'm 26 too and I listen to Tangerine Dream, Christopher Franke, but then to bands like Faunts or Delphic; I like the Unreal soundtrack by Michiel van den Bos and I do like the DX:HR soundtrack. Also Liking Pink Floyd is not a barrier for me from bands like Meshuggah.

Going full binocular about music because you're 2x is just hilarious.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
If I'm still bitching about video games here when I'm 30 please hire some hitmen to take care of me in a painless and quick way.

Now, now. Expecting someone else to do your job is personally irresponsible.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
IMHO, as much as I would love to place some serious 70's krautrock on that trailer, that kind of elegant footage begs for another kind of song:

Sure, it's cliche, but still way more interesting than this 007 soundtrack wannabe...

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Executer:

Where do you find "industrial" music like that? When I search for industrial I always get some kind of garbage with some emo people screaming or grunting. I never get what I imagine under the word: something cold, mechanical, steel-like, with no vocals. Where did you find that music and is there more of it? I need fodder for the car stereo.

Mrowak:

Stop messing with us.

Just luck really, I remember digging one of the tracks in the original Street Fighter animated movies, and found Intermix through that. I call it industrial because some of their tracks remind you of machinery or assembly lines.

Maybe check out "Get religion", "The Process", "Can you move it", "Truth", "Corollary" on their phase 2 album for more of the same type of vibe, the rest of the album is good just a different vibe.

On their self titled album "requiem dub" has some of that vibe, and "Soviet low" has a cultish Russian blacksmiths vibe. My favourite song on that album is voices, but again totally different style.

Future Primitives album is like a weird electro/retro even Cyberpunk meets Thirdworldia. You could make an interesting/thematic game soundtrack with their stuff.

hiver

jesus fing bush felipepe... thats even more horrible. How did you manage to do that?

UnknownBro

Savant
Music is a very personal thing I'd say.
For example the original trailer works for me, I liked the track, this other one you posted it's quite awfull GAY.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
For example the original trailer works for me, I liked the track, this other one you posted it's quite awfull GAY.
It's the problem of making videos for large audiences, it's REALLY hard to please everyone. Most trailer just use whatever trailer audio is in vogue, like the Inception stuff ATM. The further away you go from it, the more love/hate your video becomes.

hiver

I would have a few interesting suggestions, but that would actually make it seem better and im not doing any favors for those scumbags.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
It's the problem of making videos for large audiences, it's REALLY hard to please everyone. Most trailer just use whatever trailer audio is in vogue, like the Inception stuff ATM. The further away you go from it, the more love/hate your video becomes.

Making a consistent scene, atmosphere with video game music is harder though if the music you're using is increasingly generic. I know it's just a trailer but I can't help but feel it's a sign of things to come.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Setting looks fucking awesome.

Too bad it will be shitty Witcher with guns! ACTION game.

Why are they even doing a Cyberpunk PnP game when it's just going to be yet another shitty action game?

ugh.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So this trailer shows a whole lot of nothing, gets a 4 page thread, and Mrowak has terrible taste in music. Did I miss anything?

Cynic

Arcane
Music is fucking shit and inappropriate for the setting. What the fuck is this emo rock vocal doing in there? It doesn't sit with the visuals at all. Bladerunner motherfuckers, Vangelis, it was the 70s and he had it right.

Is this confirmed for Twitcher combat?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
felipepepe you should be ashamed.

I've never played any CD Projekt games before, I really don't know anything about the Witcher so I don't know what it means when people say this will be like it, but the limited information that's been revealed so far seems pretty good to me. The aesthetic is cool, the teaser graphics are fantastic, the setting is very appealing to me. This is based off a pen and paper game, right? Even if they stray from precise pen and paper mechanics (like the Vampire the Masquerade games, the console Shadowrun games, lots of D&D games) I can see this being pretty cool and at the very least having a worthwhile aesthetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom