Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information CD Projekt To Announce New "AAA RPG" in "Brand New Setting" Tomorrow

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
"Explore the modern cities of Poland and immerse yourself in a dramatic game of spies, dirty politics, potatoes and QTEs. Use a wide variety of firearms to achieve your goals. Become and elf, a dwarf and remove the final traces of orcs from Warsaw."

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So, according to potato sources, this graphic has been released as a teaser for zhis new gamu. Looks like cyberpunk (quite literally)

cd-projekt-red-nowa-gra_174vl.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Looking cool, I guess. Just tired of this "this is cyberpunk so everyone must wear a mohawk" shtick.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking cool, I guess. Just tired of this "this is cyberpunk so everyone must wear a mohawk" shtick.

I think that's the point. To show in one graphic that this is cyberpunk. Corporations rulling the world, cyberimplants, etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

I think that's the point. To show in one graphic that this is cyberpunk. Corporations rulling the world, cyberimplants, etc.

Not that I dont like the image, as said its cool, but what about being a bit original instead of having checklist of things that mus be in a picture to make it look some brand?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Not that I dont like the image, as said its cool, but what about being a bit original instead of having checklist of things that mus be in a picture to make it look some brand?

Depends. How would you make a "to-leak" graphic? So people would know what the game is about?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I would have given the guy a different haircut for a start. :P But let's drop it, the image is cool and I was just ranting. :)

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Looks neiz, hope it's about street gangs in post-ITZ Warsaw instead of a Desu Ex wannabe.
I hope they won't go the way of Afterfall Insanity. Cyber- Pilsudski, cyber- Chopin or thing like that, along with some other more or less subtle manifestation of potatoish inferiority complex. Shitty popamoles filled with red and white potatos are not only bad but also awkward.

bonescraper

Well, i'm mildly interested. They make shitty RPGs, but fairly decent games. And a decent cyberpunk game is always welcome in my book.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope they're better at making shooters than they are at slashers. They'd have to be big screw-ups not to be, fun melee-combat is difficult.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Regardless of the quality of the game, every fucking potato on these boards with more patriotism than taste is going to be sucking CD Projekt's dick.

It's not just the internet fanboys either. The Polish government literally gave a copy of The Witcher 2 to the President of the United States. It's all they have.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I was hoping for a moment it will be Steampunk/Victorian setting. Oh well, not surprised. I was deluding myself. Anyway, cyberpunk is not bad at all. I just hope it will be more "dirty" than Desu Ex. Would love to see it more gloomy and muddy with proper future slums locations, drugs, whores, deviants etc. More like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114558/

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only way we would see a interesting sf setting in a game is to get a good writer, But in order to have good gameplay the setting will be limited making far future settings which I'd like to see, is harder to work with.

circ

Arcane
Will there be dildos? This being the future. Maybe futureGeralt could wield a silver-colored giant dildo and another dildo. And then have a really flexible transparent neon double-ended dildo for hacking and a small buttplug for thrusting. He should also wear leather assless chaps.

Stinger

Arcane
It'll probably involve a single binary Humans vs Artificial humans choice that ends up not really changing that much.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So....... the Witcher with GUNS! In Cyberpunk land? Since I am SO fucking burned out on fantasy shit.... will fap cautiously until more info is out.......

joeydohn

Savant
The Wytcher? Salaryman by day, punk-magick wielding shadowrunner by night.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
looks like they're getting in on DX HR's wake, "oh so people are p. okay with cyberpunk now eh well then moving the tech level up shouldn't be unwelcoming'

I hope they go the whole route with advanced cyberware, wetware and full on body shape changing combat mods and a useful data grid of the immediate environment as opposed to the newshit Syndicate that pops up an info card telling you a potted plant is a potted plant in some retarded semblance of live tactical feedback

also hoverboards

hoverboards are a must

perhaps to send the dystopian atmosphere home they can put in a reference saying that the potato plant has gone extinct

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom