Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Champions of Anteria (formerly The Settlers 8)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...venting-the-settlers-with-kingdoms-of-anteria

Ubisoft "reinventing" The Settlers with Kingdoms of Anteria
But what, exactly, is it?

Ubisoft has quietly announced the next game in strategy series The Settlers: Kingdoms of Anteria.

Last night the company revealed the game with a CGI trailer that at first suggests some kind of MOBA, then hints at the city-building the franchise is known for.

We know little about the game, save it's in the works at The Settlers developer Blue Byte and is due out in 2014.

"By reinventing our approach to the franchise, The Settlers - Kingdoms of Anteria offers players a brand new experience full of new possibilities to explore," said Blue Byte's Christopher Schmitz.

"Without a doubt, this is the most innovative Settlers game we have ever created."

Hmmm.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Without a doubt, this is the most innovative Settlers game we have ever created."

That somehow sounds like a threat.

But Ubi had some pretty good relaunches in the past few years, so MAYBE we will actually get a decent game. The fantasy theme is a bit irritating tho, wasn't it just a medieval setting before?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's not like they haven't already re-invented it then "got back to the roots" and then re-invented it again and everytime failing even more than before. But, I always thought Settlers was about slowmotion fighting action so this looks like it could be good.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Hmmm, my bet is on a Majesty Settlers, based on the video. Settlers 2 was the highlight of the series, so many memories playing it...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

But Ubi had some pretty good relaunches in the past few years, so MAYBE we will actually get a decent game. The fantasy theme is a bit irritating tho, wasn't it just a medieval setting before?

Romans moar like

Hmmm, my bet is on a Majesty Settlers, based on the video. Settlers 2 was the highlight of the series, so many memories playing it...

+M turning into psudo medieval Disney like Oblibion crap is :decline:

Edit: Settlers I was Medieval too but not fantasy crap.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
While I don't trust Ubisoft I somewhat thrust Bluebyte. Hard to say anything after this trailer, It seems like some Majesty-MOBA hybrid.

Borelli

Arcane
Settlers still exists? I though it went to shit long time ago, last one i played was some stupid Age of Empires clone, the glory of Settlers 2&3 is long gone:salute:Anyway, this = shit shit shit art style but name dropping Majesty has planted a seed of intrigue in me.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmmm, my bet is on a Majesty Settlers,
God damn it I'm not the only one who made this connection. :D It really sounds like a Majesty and Settlers crossover. Both being my favourite games, I have some small hope for this settlers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Makes sense since Paradox is out of the Majesty business.

m_s0

Arcane
Last time they really tried to innovate was Settlers V. Call me crazy, but somehow I doubt this is going to be decent.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
if this delivers i won't be playing anything else for months

edit
unless, of course, they plan to use that retarded always-online drm shit, in which case i'll pirate the fuck out of it

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

I remember playing as egyptians and amazons in the third game.
Settlers 2 had romans, I think.
But none had fantasy creatures.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Sorry, didn't notice there was a separate forum for those now. Does the Strat forum really need fewer visitors, though :lol:
If this will have anything to do with city building is yet to be seen.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry, didn't notice there was a separate forum for those now. Does the Strat forum really need fewer visitors, though :lol:
If this will have anything to do with city building is yet to be seen.

I'd like to know how a forum combining Sims and City-builders came about in the first place. Sims, sure. But city-builders have more overlapping interest with other strategy games than Elite, or Kerbal Space Program, or Euro Truck Simulator etc. :rpgcodex: /sitefeedback

Talk to DarkUnderlord.

I myself have argued in favor of moving vehicular, flight and space sims back to General Gaming. On the other hand, games like Sim City are not really "strategy games" yet they don't really fit in with the action-focused General Gaming either.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Ed123 ^ Here is the main perpetrator. As you can see his views are a bit skewed.

Well, this forum already has category overflow. Games as diverse as Jagged Alliance, Europa Universalis and Command & Conquer are all discussed here. Adding Tycoon games, city builders, etc, on top of that? I can definitely see an argument for setting a line somewhere.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would never had found the thread in the city building forum. Management games have a strong overlap with strategy games indeed. What they have been hinting makes it pretty hard to know whether it should go to the (A)RPG forum, the strategy forum, or the city building forum.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter

Tasteless.

You just need to see this trailer to know that this is aimed at retards or manchildren. If they already insult themselves and their audiences with the art direction and setting what makes you think gameplay won't be insultingly crappy ?

At least they tried to look respectable, less than 10 years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom