Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chants of Sennaar

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.rundisc.io/chants-of-sennaar/

Divided since the dawn of time, the Peoples of the Tower no longer speak to each other. But it is said that one day, a Traveler will find the strength and wisdom to break down the walls and restore the Balance. In this game of adventure and enigmas where ancient languages are both the lock and the key, travel the endless steps of a prodigious labyrinth, multiply unexpected encounters and unveil the mysteries of a fantastic world inspired by the myth of Babel. Chants Of Sennaar is an exploration/puzzle videogame currently developed by French indie game studio Rundisc.

I need this.

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I did not play it but I've watched some streamers doing it.

The puzzle around discovering the strange language is ok but everything else is barebone and simply padding.

There is a lot of pointless walking, the stealth sections are bad and honestly the game is not worth more than 5 potatoes.

3 others

Scholar
There's a short demo in Steam. I don't think this game is really my cup of tea based on it, but it's nice to see a fresh idea. The artstyle and setting is nice too, has that French flair to it, like Sable or Another World.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
This one's good. I've seen people online compare it to Obra Dinn, it certainly plays some similar notes in how it makes you feel like you have to use actual intelligence and deduction skills, however it is far away from the brilliance of Obra Dinn, it's too telegraphed in some areas and feels much more 'gamey' as a result.

Agree that the stealth sections were unnecessary, but they're simple enough that you don't spend much time with them. Also the last act is disappointing, you can tell it was rushed and barely has any organic solutions.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
wouldn't say that stealth is that unnecessary - it really breathes life into the game, which can get awkwardly backtracky more often than not (and especially in the sewers)
what frustrated me is that while it's fine and dandy that you collect glyphs standing for different concepts and you yourself name them, you're able to validate your guesses only after you manage to trigger a dictionary entry
sure, it's possible to beat the game without it, but only having validated the glyphs your character civilized the grammar, making it infinitely more readable

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just finished, well, it's way too easy, the game starts basically solving puzzles for you around the end, and the ending is rather meh.
Ultimately, there's not a whole lot substance to it.

3 out of 5 for the nice atmosphere.

Ultimately, it's a casual game very much aimed at normies.

Last edited:

venderson

Barely Literate
Just played demo, the game looks good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom