Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

China to nuke online and maybe mobile games

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
All I know is that these games are a blight upon humanity. I don't care who takes them down as long they are gone for good.
I do agree,games are a bad thing for kids. Shame that our parents didn't knew better....

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The fewer chinks in online games, the better. Also good if devs stop catering to them.
They'll cater either to your western SJWs or to the Chinese non-faggot market. You chose SJW. You sealed your fate.

They're catering to SJWs anyway, that's a separate issue. And "non-faggot Chinese" is an oxymoron.

fork

All I know is that these games are a blight upon humanity. I don't care who takes them down as long they are gone for good.
I do agree,games are a bad thing for kids. Shame that our parents didn't knew better....

They're really not. Almost everything else in modern societies is worse than a good video game. Most children have smartphones and x social media accounts, live in mega-cities, are indoctrinated in kindergarten and school the whole day and have cretins as parents. What harm can a mediocre game possibly do..

fork

Not sure what you're saying. Everything is shit because children played too many video games? Or I'd love life and our society if I personally hadn't played any video games as a child? Both a bit far-fetched tbh.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Not sure what you're saying. Everything is shit because children played too many video games? Or I'd love life and our society if I personally hadn't played any video games as a child? Both a bit far-fetched tbh.
Well most gamers are pretty high intelligence dudes with at least some other skills. Dumb people can't in to games,also we have very high levels of creativity. Games did affect the society we live in now,it castrate majority of men. It is an addiction that lets people run away from the real life instead of facing their problems and growing. Instead of now being leaders in industry and corporations,we have a generation addicted to make believe garbage that haven't grown up and in its mid thirties. Gamers should have been our best and brightest,but ended up as losers. Also gaming was used for brainwashing young people in to liberalism. Tell me which of your favourite games is not about liberal shit. They all promote certain mentality,because they are made by people with it.

But no,not everything is shit because of them,but they are negative thing for young kids. Smart people chose to get dissolute from the real world and become loners.

Riskbreaker

It should all be seen together. Internet, smartphones, video games etc.
It all leads to the current devaluation of the physical. You run to your video games or your messageboards and social networks to find solace from the life you find oppressive, the world you're alienated from. But you only intensify this alienation thereby.
The world, the lived-in world around you, cannot compete with the illusory freedom nor the amount and intensity of stimulation provided by the virtual. You are all nascent gnostics and transhumanists, en route to despising your body and your world as your shackles, all the while being shackled by the gods of Technology and Capital without realizing it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It all leads to the current devaluation of the physical. You run to your video games or your messageboards and social networks to find solace from the life you find oppressive, the world you're alienated from. But you only intensify this alienation thereby.
The world, the lived-in world around you, cannot compete with the illusory freedom nor the amount and intensity of stimulation provided by the virtual. You are all nascent gnostics and transhumanists, en route to despising your body and your world as your shackles, all the while being shackled by the gods of Technology and Capital without realizing it.
Yeah,it is no different than a heroin addiction in a way. You try to run away from the world,but end up waking up covered in piss and vomit,in some cold dark alley.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The world, the lived-in world around you, cannot compete with the illusory freedom nor the amount and intensity of stimulation provided by the virtual.
Codex provides intense stimulation? You wish.

fork

Yeah,it is no different than a heroin addiction in a way. You try to run away from the world,but end up waking up covered in piss and vomit,in some cold dark alley.

Well, yes. But giving up the herion doesn't make the world any better, does it?
And I still maintain that the world would be just as bad without games. They are one small, rather insignificant piece of the puzzle.

The world, the lived-in world around you, cannot compete with the illusory freedom nor the amount and intensity of stimulation provided by the virtual.

It stimulates intense anger, wouldn't you agree?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And I still maintain that the world would be just as bad without games. They are one small, rather insignificant piece of the puzzle.
No,it doesn't. But keeping future generation away from it and punishing people that sell it,will improve the world. We are fucked,that is for sure,we are the lost generation. They should be restricted and regulated for the future of our kind,not for our own good. People that throw tantrums about that shit just show how much we are fucked up. Also China is taking on the whole beast,not only muh games, i sincerely wish them good luck in protecting their kids. I do believe that games are bad for society!

fork

No,it doesn't. But keeping future generation away from it and punishing people that sell it,will improve the world. We are fucked,that is for sure,we are the lost generation. They should be restricted and regulated for the future of our kind,not for our own good. People that throw tantrums about that shit just show how much we are fucked up. Also China is taking on the whole beast,not only muh games, i sincerely wish them good luck in protecting their kids. I do believe that games are bad for society!

Take games out of the equation completely over night, what would that solve? Censored social media are still there, wealth distribution is still worse than ever, we're still ruled by globo-homo money elites, still living in police and surveillance states, people are still as gullible, arrogant, naive as ever. I just don't see how games are responsible for the shit-state the world is suffering from.

Hollywood and TV did more harm, but even removing that wouldn't help. People are too stupid, always have been, and there are more of them now, more connected, than ever before—and that is the main problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Take games out of the equation completely over night, what would that solve? Censored social media are still there, wealth distribution is still worse than ever, we're still ruled by globo-homo money elites, still living in police and surveillance states, people are still as gullible, arrogant, naive as ever. I just don't see how games are responsible for the shit-state the world is suffering from.

Hollywood and TV did more harm, but even removing that wouldn't help. People are too stupid, always have been, and there are more of them now, more connected, than ever before—and that is the main problem.
You get angry! Get a fucking rock,find other people with a fucking rock and smash some parasites,that what will happen! Games make us docile and unable to fight for what is right. When you don't have a run away place,you fight for what you have! Change always come with a blood letting.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Dumb people can't in to games

Anyone with an IQ of 100 and above can into games, and that's already half of population. But to cater to even more people, say to those with IQ of 90 and above, games have been massively dumbed down. There are genres which do require a somewhat higher intelligence (or rather semi-autistic endurance), such as grand-strategy, simulations, some deeper 4X games and similar. But such games are played by relatively small number of people.

Games did affect the society we live in now,it castrate majority of men. It is an addiction that lets people run away from the real life instead of facing their problems and growing. Instead of now being leaders in industry and corporations,we have a generation addicted to make believe garbage that haven't grown up and in its mid thirties.

I think you are overestimating the (negative) influence of games. Just how many of us who play games would actually want to have much to do with social & political organisation of our societies, if games weren't around? I suspect a negligible number, most would resort to reading books, or some other hobby.

Gamers should have been our best and brightest,but ended up as losers.

Perhaps. But also: who cares? It's clear, for example, that clown-world was long in the making, and decades before games you had seeds of idiocracy such as voting for all, women's rights, the TV, mass media in general, propagandist newspapers.

Also gaming was used for brainwashing young people in to liberalism. Tell me which of your favourite games is not about liberal shit. They all promote certain mentality,because they are made by people with it.

Everything here may be correct, but again: all such things were achieved, and much more successfully, by other forms of art & entertainment, as I have already said. Another example is sexual revolution of North America, and a bit later Europe, which obliterated any normalcy and proportionality in sexual dynamics. Games? Yeah, whatever...

But no,not everything is shit because of them,but they are negative thing for young kids. Smart people chose to get dissolute from the real world and become loners.

It is not that you aren't correct, it's that all of it in the end is simply a necessary aspect of life in a modern, civilised world. "Everything" is bad for kids: watching TV, reading books instead of playing outdoors, school indoctrination, length of classes that children have to attend to every day, modern work environment with mother being absent from home, the nanny state, you name it. Not a single aspect of modern life is flawless or overwhelmingly good, it's all affected to a significant degree with problems and long-term issues.

~~~

And, also, a reminder. Modern world could be much worse, talking about relatively "normal countries" here. There's no child labour for instance. There's no slavery. A century ago Europe was annihilated, several times, and countless lives were lost, pointlessly so. China was a pathetic excuse of a country. Etc.

Everyone always thinks that their time is the worst. It isn't. There were worse times, for some people & countries. Same as better.

Games are entertainment, and I don't find them worse than peasant music in some wretched tavern filled with alcohol and whores. Not all men are supposed to leave a trace in the world, and besides once you're dead - you'll have no use of whatever you left behind (there are few exceptions here, but mostly not worth mentioning). Large swathes of people are forgotten after a hundred years as if they didn't even exits. At the risk of sounding too individualistic, I can't bring myself to care much about the course of my (or any) nation, not when neither those better than I am, nor masses of regular people (better or worse than me), don't care either, and they at least can be said to be "winners" and not losers.

fork

Almost everyone will be forgotten in the end. That's not the point. But it would be nice if most people could live a somewhat fulfilled life. And I say the proportion of people who don't have any chance to do that is higher than ever, made worse by the absolute number of people living today. But many people actually don't seem to notice how shit everything is..

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone with an IQ of 100 and above can into games, and that's already half of population
No,it is not. You assume that because of the meme graph,people above 100 are like 20% maybe 30% . Smarter and curious people are interested in new and original things,it is in their nature. I have noticed that the smarter people of our generation play more games,while simple ones just do their irl thing. The smarter they are the more complex games they prefer. Even if you have games for dumb people,doesn't mean that smart people are not getting addicted too niche ones...kodex is a good example. Also dumbing down means that future generations of kids will stoop to lower levers and you will have decline in cognitive abilities because of it.

I think you are overestimating the (negative) influence of games. Just how many of us who play games would actually want to have much to do with social & political organisation of our societies, if games weren't around? I suspect a negligible number, most would resort to reading books, or some other hobby.
When there is no escape,you are forced in to action. Also books don't have the same addiction as games. Also most of us will be happy to be dictators or politicians,i would enjoy a job with transforming power.

who cares?
Ahhh i do care for the future of our species and me geneline and me friends. You sound like a butthurt libtard individualist. muh let the world burn as long as i have me pixel garbage.....sad man.

for example, that clown-world was long in the making,
What is made ,could be unmade. You are prime example why games should be nuked,you had given up on everything and just want to be left alone in your fake shitty pixel world. Game breed inaction and degradation!

Everything here may be correct, but again: all such things were achieved, and much more successfully, by other forms of art & entertainment, as I have already said. Another example is sexual revolution of North America, and a bit later Europe, which obliterated any normalcy and proportionality in sexual dynamics. Games? Yeah, whatever...
Never said that it is the core of all the problems. But that it is a problem and should be regulated,and it is not a small problem. Future generations are the most important thing for humans. If we fuck that up,we are gone lol. Having more than one problem doesn't mean that we should ignore this one.

It is not that you aren't correct, it's that all of it in the end is simply a necessary aspect of life in a modern, civilised world. "Everything" is bad for kids: watching TV, reading books instead of playing outdoors, school indoctrination, length of classes that children have to attend to every day, modern work environment with mother being absent from home, the nanny state, you name it. Not a single aspect of modern life is flawless or overwhelmingly good, it's all affected to a significant degree with problems and long-term issues.
I agree,still we should be happy when the number one power in the world takes actions against such evil forces. Clearly it shows that there is hope in the world,when they take the health of their citizen more seriously than the profits of massive corporations.

And, also, a reminder. Modern world could be much worse, talking about relatively "normal countries" here. There's no child labour for instance. There's no slavery. A century ago Europe was annihilated, several times, and countless lives were lost, pointlessly so. China was a pathetic excuse of a country. Etc.
Sooo rotting away from cancer is better than breeding out weakness? I have no problem with child labour,i would approve of mandatory programs for teens that make them work. Also slave work is fad word that western media spams when talking about china. Neither of us know what the actual conditions are in chinkland. But i kind of believe that the country that passes a 40 hour work week law is more concerned about it than the country that pushes sex slaves kids and goes on vocations to rape children. Repeating empty slogans from internet sites brings nothing to the discussion.

Everyone always thinks that their time is the worst. It isn't. There were worse times, for some people & countries. Same as better.
Fair enough,still there is times where nations go bum and then people don't know what a bath is for 2000 years. We are living during such a time,the final days of rome. Parallels to the fall of rome and modern times are amazing,the difference is that it took them 300 years of "progress" while we will get there in a 100 years,as we are in the final 20 of those 100.

Games are
addiction and should be regulated. They are for the highly intelligent people and you can't spend the whole day whipping the bard to sing you songs,but you could do it with games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Almost everyone will be forgotten in the end. That's not the point. But it would be nice if most people could live a somewhat fulfilled life. And I say the proportion of people who don't have any chance to do that is higher than ever, made worse by the absolute number of people living today. But many people actually don't seem to notice how shit everything is..
They do,that is why we get a fucked up cults like sjwism. People are miserable and they try to find an outlet for that misery. We are really fucked up for many reasons,the games are just stopping us on acting on the problems. Bread and circuses as the dead degenerates said, the difference is that games are far more available and thus have far more negative impact on kids.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Sooo rotting away from cancer is better than breeding out weakness? I have no problem with child labour,i would approve of mandatory programs for teens that make them work. Also slave work is fad word that western media spams when talking about china. Neither of us know what the actual conditions are in chinkland. But i kind of believe that the country that passes a 40 hour work week law is more concerned about it than the country that pushes sex slaves kids and goes on vocations to rape children. Repeating empty slogans from internet sites brings nothing to the discussion.

I was talking generally, not about China. And was thinking of genuine slavery, not that many of us today are in much better condition admittedly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I was talking generally, not about China. And was thinking of genuine slavery, not that many of us today are in much better condition admittedly.
I neither like nor dislike slavery,it is economical tool/resource. As a chad Mycenaean general/king once said "Freedom is not right but spoil of war". If your tribe is strong you are free,if you are weak and corrupted,you become slaves so a better societies could build upon your bones. Our planet is savage place and conflict is in its core.

Zibniyat

Arcane
What is made ,could be unmade. You are prime example why games should be nuked,you had given up on everything and just want to be left alone in your fake shitty pixel world. Game breed inaction and degradation!

Ahhh i do care for the future of our species and me geneline and me friends. You sound like a butthurt libtard individualist. muh let the world burn as long as i have me pixel garbage.....sad man.

Plz no bully :dealwithit:

Though you are mistaken about me being a liberal, but are somewhat correct about me no longer caring much about "the future". It comes with years of living among people with whom I don't share much, after careful consideration. Sure it would be nice to continue your genetic line for this or that reason, but I leave that to those who care about such things, as I no longer do. In both cases, I am not going to argue strongly for or against either of life choices. Mind you, you can't go around accusing people that it's because of "muh games", up until very recently I didn't play more than 2 or 3 games yearly. You're overestimating their influence.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

I'm at a loss as to which computer- and internet-related activities don't burn down my dopamine pathways. Do any even exist?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Well, I'm guessing that this will have a positive effect on China's growing boardgame club/ boardgame cafe scene, since they wouldn't be effected by the new policy.

Unless COVID last year completely wiped out that scene after I left the country, of course.

Also good for the Chinese market prospects of Tragic and Pokemon cards.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
fantadomat is just doing the standard ‘the world is shit because there are people who don't want to be Übervaishya’. Yeah, guess what, nobody who isn't already actually cares, not even a little bit. Even the off-hand ‘bro why don't you just get up and do something and fight for your nation lmao’ is wholly uninspiring, real men of action don't want to do things for the sake of that nonsense either.

The reality is that fiction has nothing to do with the actual problem, it's just copes. The real reason you have a generation of infantile losers is because you never bothered raising them at all, and have created a world in which they have no purpose. The world is the parents giving their child a smartphone to make him shut up because they've already decided they don't care about his interests and would rather favour their other children who are going to grow up to be highly successful lawyers or doctors or something. If it weren't for games, those people would only be left to waste time in some other way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom