Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

China to nuke online and maybe mobile games

Vezok

Novice
Alcohol addiction is bad. Let's ban alcohol! Yeah, that turned out well in the Prohibition era, didn't it?

Chinese people were willing to sacrifice some freedom in exchange for wealth. It payed out, China became world's No.2.

However, things have changed in the recent years. The rapid growth of the economy did not return in wealth distribution.
In 2020, the Prime Minister of China stated 6 million out of 1.3 billion population do not earn 1000 Yuan (154 dollars) a month.
The gap between the rich and the poor is widening too fast.

So young people are giving up on dreaming a better life, while CCP is taking away their entertainment and replacing it with Xi propaganda.
Come on, even Hitler knew the logic of bread and circuses.

Also, banning games isn't going to help the CCP reduce gaming addiction. People don't outright abandon their things. They will find a way to bypass the system.
Purchasing accounts was one way that was utilized, though I don't know if CCP blocked that now.

Actually, why am I talking like this is a bad thing. Chinese gaming industry is collapsing and their own government is doing it. Pure incline.

Ravielsk

Magister
China is only a different form of degeneracy.
:deathclaw:

How come,having different political systems is not a degeneracy? You do know that most people don't see reality like deluded kwans and don't see authority and strong leaders as a bad thing,right ? Sooo you think that some magical freedom is better than healthy and coherent society with rational restrictions?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. - probably some guy from FNV

China(and most of Asia) has gone through this several times at this point and the outcome has always been the same. A strict top-down system only works while the top remains in peak condition. The second even a mediocre ruler gets there the system begins to collapse. China was at several points in its history poised to quite literary take over the world. During medieval times when most of Europe was still reeling from the collapse of the roman empire, China was circling the globe and had it not been for one emperors retarded decision to stop all exploration efforts they would have discovered the american continent. Instead they never reached Europe. Same thing happened with the opium wars. Britain was able to effectively slam dunk an entire continent because the empress at the time was more preoccupied with micromanaging peoples hairstyles and making sure to keep her throne, to a point where days before she died she appointed a toddler as her successor because that was the only being that could not menace her retarded ass. The end result was basically over half a century of abject fucking turmoil for all of China. All because the head honcho was too stupid to realize that being at the top is about more than just looking cool.
And this is not even China exclusive. Similar stories occurred in Russia and eastern Europe. The Austro-hungarian empire straight up collapsed because of hereditary BS where Franz Joseph refused to recognize the children of the immediate successor(who was his fucking brother ) because he had them with a woman of "lesser nobility"(a.k.a she was noble but not obscenely rich). Russia was straight up taken over by communists because centuries of stagnation and complete disregard for its own people made the revolution both incredibly easy and demanded by the people.

Same will happen to China again, its only a question of time when someone less than stellar gets into a position of power. The call for what you pretend to be "freedom" does not come from some knee-jerk need for more bussy but simple historical experience that strict top-down systems always collapse in a whirlpool of flames and shit. Its not a question of if but when and in today's super charged world that "when" in not measured in centuries or decades but in mere years.

Last edited:

Cosmic

Literate

How come,having different political systems is not a degeneracy? You do know that most people don't see reality like deluded kwans and don't see authority and strong leaders as a bad thing,right ? Sooo you think that some magical freedom is better than healthy and coherent society with rational restrictions?

It's true that a lot of people are content with living on their knees, taking orders from papa state. Doesn't mean it should be accepted. Communists are evil and must be destroyed before they destroy us.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. - probably some guy from FNV

China(and most of Asia) has gone through this several times at this point and the outcome has always been the same. A strict top-down system only works while the top remains in peak condition. The second even a mediocre ruler gets there the system begins to collapse. China was at several points in its history poised to quite literary take over the world. During medieval times when most of Europe was still reeling from the collapse of the roman empire, China was circling the globe and had it not been for one emperors retarded decision to stop all exploration efforts they would have discovered the american continent. Instead they never reached Europe. Same thing happened with the opium wars. Britain was able to effectively slam dunk an entire continent because the empress at the time was more preoccupied with micromanaging peoples hairstyles and making sure to keep her throne, to a point where days before she died she appointed a toddler as her successor because that was the only being that could not menace her retarded ass. The end result was basically over half a century of abject fucking turmoil for all of China. All because the head honcho was too stupid to realize that being at the top is about more than just looking cool.
And this is not even China exclusive. Similar stories occurred in Russia and eastern Europe. The Austro-hungarian empire straight up collapsed because of hereditary BS where Franz Joseph refused to recognize the children of the immediate successor(who was his fucking brother ) because he had them with a woman of "lesser nobility"(a.k.a she was noble but not obscenely rich). Russia was straight up taken over by communists because centuries of stagnation and complete disregard for its own people made the revolution both incredibly easy and demanded by the people.

Same will happen to China again, its only a question of time when someone less that stellar gets into a position of power. The call for what you pretend to be "freedom" does not come from some knee-jerk for more bussy but simple historical experience that strict top-down systems always collapse in a whirlpool of flames and shit. Its not a question of if but when and in today's super charged world that "when" in not measured in centuries or decades but in mere years.
I agree,but i don't see your point. Empires had collapsed many times before. When an old ruler cast becomes weak and dispassionate,they get changed by a younger and stronger one. Same with humans,it is a cycle or reinvigoration.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It's true that a lot of people are content with living on their knees, taking orders from papa state. Doesn't mean it should be accepted. Communists are evil and must be destroyed before they destroy us.
Who is "US"? I thought that you were individuals,and freedom is your mum or something. From my point of view,the west is far worst dictatorship than fucking chinkland lol. But because you gobble all those "news" about how evil they are,you just believe it. While ignoring how your country is burning to the ground lol. If you hate communism that much,why don't you go after your own nation instead of bitching about country that doesn't have nothing with communism lol. Kind off feels like you are dumb kwan that doesn't even know what communism is but just bitch about because he read about it on some "news".

Ravielsk

Magister
I agree,but i don't see your point. Empires had collapsed many times before. When an old ruler cast becomes weak and dispassionate,they get changed by a younger and stronger one. Same with humans,it is a cycle or reinvigoration.

Thats the problem its not reinvigoration its a hard and painful reset. To put it into computer terms a reinvigoration would be like updating your computers specs, a new cpu, more memory, fresh layer of thermal gel etc. What has been happening in China and the examples I listed is more akin to seeing the computer slowly start smoking then burning and then setting the house on fire before even considering a replacement.

In strict top-down systems there is no such thing as a "old ruler" cast, there is only the ruler cast and everyone else. The empress that ruled during the opium wars was beyond incompetent but the system did not allow for any legitimate method of replacement. Overthrowing her by force was not a option simply because she and the system her dynasty established made sure that nobody had the force to do it. China had to literary collapse on all fronts and get rammed through two world wars before any "new ruler class" even had a chance to emerge. And even that new management was not much better until it started copying the "dysfunctional" west on at least the economic level.
If you want a specific example of what awaits China just look at how things turned out for USSR. It too was economically and socially prosperous, no joke had it not collapsed the current monetary crisis in the west would have started in 1990. But it took one guy to get into the offices of power and within less than 5 years it went from a superpower to super bust. Mikhail Gorbachev has managed to completely dissolve the whole union for reason that can only be described as insanely petty and the thing is that nothing in his prior carried indicated that he would do such a thing. Same awaits China, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. And when it will happen there will be nothing to stop it because a top-down system does not feature any control mechanism to deal with decline from the top.

Zibniyat

Arcane
While it is commendable to ban SJW shit, CCP is just putting restrictions for its own sake.

https://gamesfromchina.com/2021/09/03/jd-com-removes-87-playstation-titles-from-chinese-store/
All these restrictions over media are more in line with Xi's road to life-long dictatorship.

Let me check the titles banned...

Notable banned games include the Call of Duty series, the Yakuza series, The Last of Us Part II, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon series, Battlefield 2, 3, and 4 (though not Battlefield 5, oddly enough), all GTA games, and Resident Evil.

Those are tasteful restrictions, I must say.

Dexter

Arcane
Sooo you think that some magical freedom is better than healthy and coherent society with rational restrictions?
"Sooo, do you want your magical freedom, or a "healthy" and "coherent" society" where the leadership can arbitrarily decide one day to ban all gaming platforms and games for the foreseeable future on a whim, he asks in the "General Gaming" section of the RPGCodex, a Computer Roleplaying Games forum on the Internet, not mentioning that they have the same power over basically any other area of public life.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Alcohol addiction is bad. Let's ban alcohol! Yeah, that turned out well in the Prohibition era, didn't it?

Chinese people were willing to sacrifice some freedom in exchange for wealth. It payed out, China became world's No.2.

However, things have changed in the recent years. The rapid growth of the economy did not return in wealth distribution.
In 2020, the Prime Minister of China stated 6 million out of 1.3 billion population do not earn 1000 Yuan (154 dollars) a month.

So young people are giving up on dreaming a better life, while CCP is taking away their entertainment and replacing it with Xi propaganda.
Come on, even Hitler knew the logic of bread and circuses.

Also, banning games isn't going to help the CCP reduce gaming addiction. People don't outright abandon their things. They will find a way to bypass the system.
Purchasing accounts was one way that was utilized, though I don't know if CCP blocked that now.

Actually, why am I talking like this is a bad thing. Chinese gaming industry is collapsing and their own government is doing it. Pure incline.

I take it your point is that vices, addictions, evils and retardations ought to be tolerated because, the story goes, (some!) people will find a way around bans and prohibitions? Amazing "logic" there.

By the way, prohibition failed because Kwans fail at everything in the end. Should have gone the Islamic way, don't outright ban alcohol but form militias tasked with finding and beating producers, sellers and consumers of it on the spot. That way they can enjoy their alcohol AND get the memo after a few good beatings.

Cosmic

Literate

Who is "US"? I thought that you were individuals,and freedom is your mum or something. From my point of view,the west is far worst dictatorship than fucking chinkland lol. But because you gobble all those "news" about how evil they are,you just believe it. While ignoring how your country is burning to the ground lol. If you hate communism that much,why don't you go after your own nation instead of bitching about country that doesn't have nothing with communism lol. Kind off feels like you are dumb kwan that doesn't even know what communism is but just bitch about because he read about it on some "news".

Replied to the wrong person, or are the US living in your head rent-free? I'm not American, try again.

Vezok

Novice
I take it your point is that vices, addictions, evils and retardations ought to be tolerated because, the story goes, (some!) people will find a way around bans and prohibitions? Amazing "logic" there.

Why do you have to go to the other end of the spectrum?

Vietnam and South Korea have been banning online game services after 10 pm since 2011, and it is a mere inconvenience to the players.
It was so dumb that Microsoft made sure no underage South Koreans could purchase Minecraft.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition
For players in South Korea, you must be 19 years of age or older to purchase and play the Java edition of Minecraft.

That's right. Minecraft is an adult-only game, not a zoomer game at least in South Korea.

Now, the power of control is stronger with the CCP, but given prior examples, I doubt it will work the way they intended.

So do I tolerate addictions? No. All I am saying is that the guys making the laws should come up with more intelligent ideas of controlling addictions instead of "Games bad! Games ban!"

Zibniyat

Arcane
But they aren't banning games, they're banning bad games. Call of Duty lol

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Replied to the wrong person, or are the US living in your head rent-free? I'm not American, try again.
Yes, it is Fanta, which means they are living rent-free. Most of Fanta's posts on this forum are about how US and their inhabitants are evil and incompetent today and in the past. Most in threads that aren't about America too. Talk about obssession.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Thats the problem its not reinvigoration its a hard and painful reset. To put it into computer terms a reinvigoration would be like updating your computers specs, a new cpu, more memory, fresh layer of thermal gel etc. What has been happening in China and the examples I listed is more akin to seeing the computer slowly start smoking then burning and then setting the house on fire before even considering a replacement.

In strict top-down systems there is no such thing as a "old ruler" cast, there is only the ruler cast and everyone else. The empress that ruled during the opium wars was beyond incompetent but the system did not allow for any legitimate method of replacement. Overthrowing her by force was not a option simply because she and the system her dynasty established made sure that nobody had the force to do it. China had to literary collapse on all fronts and get rammed through two world wars before any "new ruler class" even had a chance to emerge. And even that new management was not much better until it started copying the "dysfunctional" west on at least the economic level.
If you want a specific example of what awaits China just look at how things turned out for USSR. It too was economically and socially prosperous, no joke had it not collapsed the current monetary crisis in the west would have started in 1990. But it took one guy to get into the offices of power and within less than 5 years it went from a superpower to super bust. Mikhail Gorbachev has managed to completely dissolve the whole union for reason that can only be described as insanely petty and the thing is that nothing in his prior carried indicated that he would do such a thing. Same awaits China, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. And when it will happen there will be nothing to stop it because a top-down system does not feature any control mechanism to deal with decline from the top.
What is your fucking point,nigga ?! You are just pointing out generic fucking history events. And still make no fucking point. Is that people die and thus it is bad system or what? Yeah,spoilers,people die so does nations. If you have a fucking point,say it straight and not with halfarsed historical quoting.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yes, it is Fanta, which means they are living rent-free. Most of Fanta's posts on this forum are about how US and their inhabitants are evil and incompetent today and in the past. Most in threads that aren't about America too. Talk about obssession.
But kwans are evil,they had embraced satan and its hedonistic way,while the fateful there are more afraid about their social standing and opinions of satanists than actually defending what is good and right. Also i didn't meant US as united states but as the word us. He finished his sentence with how communism will destroy them,thus i got curious about who US is. Maybe the dude think himself a royalty and talks in us,or maybe he is one. Sounds delusional as a royalty.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo you think that some magical freedom is better than healthy and coherent society with rational restrictions?
"Sooo, do you want your magical freedom, or a "healthy" and "coherent" society" where the leadership can arbitrarily decide one day to ban all gaming platforms and games for the foreseeable future on a whim, he asks in the "General Gaming" section of the RPGCodex, a Computer Roleplaying Games forum on the Internet, not mentioning that they have the same power over basically any other area of public life.
Oh well,at least you have your games,muh freedom and the glorious constitution....

DHS Launches 'Minority Report' Pre-Crime Detection Program

https://www.wired.com/2011/10/pre-crime-detection/

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yeah crima is evul tyrant,kwan glorious land of freedom.

Vatnik Wumao

And that's why the common prosperity campaign is at the forefront of CPC policymaking today.

But cry some more crocodile tears. You'll live in your cuckshed and eat your bugs as a 'free' Western individual alongside the 99.9% of your population that isn't a Bezos, while the CPC will continue to increase the living standards and equality of opportunity for all of its citizens. ;)

Serus

Arcane
Patron

But kwans are evil,they had embraced satan and its hedonistic way,while the fateful there are more afraid about their social standing and opinions of satanists than actually defending what is good and right. Also i didn't meant US as united states but as the word us. He finished his sentence with how communism will destroy them,thus i got curious about who US is. Maybe the dude think himself a royalty and talks in us,or maybe he is one. Sounds delusional as a royalty.
He asked about You and US (as in America), I can't be responsible for other people lack of reading comprehension...
:smug:

It doesn't matter what Americans are or aren't here, they might all be children of Lucifer with Wanda Wasilewska for all I care. It's about your unhealthy obsession about it. Why did you rate my post "butthurt"? Did I say anything untrue? I thought You are doing the "everything and anything American is evil and sucks" mantra, in every other post, self-consciously. At least partially as a roleplaying tool. I might have been wrong, not the first nor the last time. You really do it 100% seriously (instead of, say, 75% serious), aren't you?

Damn, Codex really IS a scary place.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

He asked about You and US (as in America), I can't be responsible for other people lack of reading comprehension...
:smug:

It doesn't matter what Americans are or aren't here, they might all be children of Lucifer with Wanda Wasilewska for all I care. It's about your unhealthy obsession about it. Why did you rate my post "butthurt"? Did I say anything untrue? I thought You are doing the "everything and anything American is evil and sucks" mantra, in every other post, self-consciously. At least partially as a roleplaying tool. I might have been wrong, not the first nor the last time. You really do it 100% seriously (instead of, say, 75% serious), aren't you?

Damn, Codex really IS a scary place.
:kingcomrade:

We all do need a bit of toxic hobby from time to time. I do seriously think that americans are evil,do seriously want to see their shithole getting enriched by the nukes. Tho i try to keep me kwan hating for the political part of the forum,which this days is like 90%, When i talk about games,do like to keep about games,unless some kwan retard like rusty goes on tirade about muh kwan games and shit.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned

And that's why the common prosperity campaign is at the forefront of CPC policymaking today.

But cry some more crocodile tears. You'll live in your cuckshed and eat your bugs as a 'free' Western individual alongside the 99.9% of your population that isn't a Bezos, while the CPC will continue to increase the living standards and equality of opportunity for all of its citizens. ;)
I agree with both of you. The People's Republic of China is in many ways a mirror image of the United States of America and its Western underlings. The Deng era policies and approach which made the PRC a superpower on the world stage could not and will not deliver on the promises of a better future for all citizens. Just as America is not the land of opportunity for all but only a shrinking wealthy financial elite. In order for both of these regimes to remain in power and prevent threats to their hierarchy they both have to make use of the lower tiers to cannibalize the lower-, upper- and genuine middle. In the West, and particularly the USA, the economic promise is both unfeasible due to the economic system itself and also due to biological reasons. So the Western approach to this problem has to reduce the value of citizenship to zero, to form a coalition of all forced outside and against the old society and use it against the core. This is why they have a state approved flag combining browns, blacks, homosexuals, transsexuals and whatever else against the old West. In this movement there is an absolute unity between the governments and finance, state and capital. All dissent against the status quo is quickly and efficiently shut down in one way or another, if it is not banks, Silicon Valley censorship or Antifa beating down on challenges towards the elites then it is the government itself doing the work. Currently many purges are taking place while the wealth divide grows larger.

Meanwhile in the PRC they have the same issue but minus the biological factors since it is a de facto ethno-nationalist state with very high-value citizenship. They however have a much more transparent hierarchy and unhappy citizens will know who to target their grievances towards, regardless of what ultimately is responsible for them. This means the CPC is forced to return to a more socialist mode in where the lower classes cannibalize everyone else except the state leadership. As things progress we can expect to see more and more purges and a return of red terror in order for the rulers to retain their position. Those unfortunates that never got a taste of the upward mobility that capitalism offered a substantial amount of PRC citizens will with state approval take their piece of the pie, even if it is diminished and from the death grips of their countrymen. This process often comes with unfortunate side consequences, such as potential dysgenic effects and it depends on the vigour of the people in charge to maintain itself.

Whichever method of stabilization proves the better the coming days will not be ones where it will be good to be of European stock or even European-adjacent (Slav, South American Spaniard/Portuguese) in the West and similarly the now-successful PRC citizens will face the same pressures eventually. It's the same but with slight differences. Historically the conservative and ethno-preserving approach of the PRC has a better track record than the method USA employs, which easily leads to Balkanization or other issues. The people old-style socialists have to empower to stay in power themselves are some of the most anti-progressive hardliners and preserve the national culture and continuity much better than any liberal and capitalist system can, even if it is akin to letting a bull loose in a china shop in so many ways. You will not find in the West any state approved group of as unapologetic nationalists as you would in the PRC.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!

J1M

Arcane
good. now they have to ban movies so we can go back at having half-decent entertainment.

?

You really think China is responsible for all these shit games and movies?
Fuck—even Codex is more retarded than I thought.
China is the reason you can't make a sports movie anymore. There's a limited number of release weekends in a year. International markets won't watch anything that isn't about boxing or soccer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom