Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Choose your path to greatness, obscurity or death. A multiple choice LP

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
2B

Baltika9

Arcane
2B.

Bros, we'd better drop by the sickbays from time to time, check for people with abnormal thirst and perspiration. I know, hot summer, but hot weather is no excuse to wind up in the sickbay. And anyone collapses and starts clutching their stomach, separate them from the group immediately and get ready to stomp.

Monty

Arcane
3B

Yes, I think we should move on to the courtyard operation now. The hunter, miner, mason would be helpful (in addition to soliders) for this, while a counter-intelligence team featuring the spy, a couple of soldiers, possibly supervised by Irene if she agrees, should start to operate on a continual basis. Perhaps the spies noticed our arrival and our looking around, if we switch to searching courtyards perhaps they will lower their guard and our team will notice them.

I don't agree with using the healer on the courtyard clearing task as mentioned above - from now on the healer should be constantly on the lookout for centipede infection, particularly among men who have been taken ill, and it's perfectly logical for him to spend time around the healing tent without arousing suspicions. He's too valuable to risk on a dungeon crawl.

Baltika9

Arcane
And I'm supporting giving the dungheaps a poke, in the night of course. Don't want people to think we're mental.

Vernydar

Learned
Just a note, mission composition will be discussed in today's update if the exploration wins. This is due to the fact you will have some more information.

GreyViper

Prophet
3B

I must admit I'm bit surprised there were less centipede encounters. But yes they will probably surface if/when we find something good in central courtyard.

Vernydar

Learned
Well we have a tie here.

B wins by a landslide, but for the other option we have seven votes each for 2 and 3.

First new vote or flip-flop here breaks the tie. If flip flopping please make a new post instead of editing your original post

Vernydar

Learned
Winner is 3B

67 – A very high wall

You think that there are likely some spies here, and so they must have noticed you and gone into hiding. You tell Irene and Kalz as much, stressing how bad it is that they probably noticed you. After all they might take action in some dangerous way now. Irene concedes that this might be the case, but also states it is not certain. Still, she agrees to act as if this was true, alerting the general of this possibility.

Also, while it is good you didn't find any other centipede, there might still be some, and you also suggest to check the droppings of the animals that were fed that meat. Disgusting as it sounds, it's still better than having more centipedes around. Kalz laughs at this, then agrees to have some of his men assigned to this... ungrateful task.

This said, you all agree that you should start working on your other task, exploring the fortress. Publicly one of the reasons you have been sent here for is to inspect the buildings to make sure they are stable. In truth, you must look out for any possible danger or weird thing, and most importantly brave the central courtyard.

Irene tells you what she knows of it. Some of it you could see for yourself of course, but you also learn quite a bit of new information. As said before the fortress is divided into nine courtyards. Eight square courtyards surround the central courtyard. The walls of the central courtyard are 20 meters high, more than the towers on the outer wall. At regular intervals 25 meters high towers strengthen the defenses even more. And from inside, a huge keep can be seen rising well above even the high towers. But the keep could very well occupy only a part of the huge courtyard, you have no way to know.

There are no records of anyone entering the central courtyard, possibly because the people of Eskal have always been very afraid of Avarlos due to all the old legends and superstitions about it. But the King will not risk a significant part of his army here unless the fortress is completely explored. So this task is quite important and has to be done well.

There are two huge metal doors you can use to enter the central courtyard. One is to the south, opening on the courtyard where the army is currently camped. The other is the opposite side, on the northern courtyard. The general has keys that should open those doors. They were found in a towers hundreds of years ago, but never used. So you will be able to choose which direction you want to enter from. Irene reminds you that ostensibly you have to make sure that every building in the fortress is safe, so you have to check all the building in the other courtyards too. But you are not expected to find any great problem there. All those buildings have been inspected before multiple times over the centuries, it's just the central courtyard that was never explored. King Alric Thorsov is not a superstitious man, and he values his subjects. He will not send so many soldiers to a potentially unsafe place.

So your discussion reaches the most important point. You have to plan for this exploration, decide who is going to come with you, decide where to enter from....

So Kyoss, what will you suggest?

Should you enter from the north or from the south?
A) North, away from the army's camp. You want secrecy if necessary
B) South, from the courtyard where the army is camping. You want quick backup if necessary.

What will you inspect?
1) Inspect the other courtyards first, then the central courtyard. You want to inspect every place personally
2) Inspect the central courtyard first, then the other courtyards. You want to inspect every place personally
3) You will inspect the central courtyard only. Someone else will inspect the places outside, there isn't so much time, you can't do everything personally
4) Other, write down other proposals

And how will you divide your men? Who will come with you, who will do other things? Obviously open choice, if you need a list of your men refer to update 61.

Also write down other proposals obviously.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B - Backup is good to have.
1 - The central courtyard probably isn't that different from other courtyards so it would be good to get somekind of feeling/knowledge about what to expect. It will be easier to explore when everything isn't new.

Courtyard inspection:
Kyoss
Kalz
All soldiers
Miner (Building stability checks, brought in when needed, not participating in search otherwise)
Mason (Building stability checks, brought in when needed, not participating in search otherwise)
Scholar (Lore check, brought in when needed, not participating in search otherwise)

Spy hunt, centipede stomping, inventories:
Irene
All the rest civilians

Edit: forget to divide the men.
Edit2: added scholar.

Baltika9

Arcane
A3. In case nothing happens, at least we'll get a ballsy reputation in the fortress.

GameOver

Educated
It is necessary. This is one of our secret tasks, after all.

What will you inspect?
1) Inspect the other courtyards first, then the central courtyard. You want to inspect every place personally
I would prefer us to be very thorough in our search of this place. There is no official time limit to when this task needs to be done.

And how will you divide your men? Who will come with you, who will do other things? Obviously open choice, if you need a list of your men refer to update 61.

Task 1: Securing the courtyards
  • Kyoss
  • Irene
  • Kalz + his men
  • 1 Light
  • 1 Heavy
  • 3 Archers
  • 2 Horsemen
Task 2: Spy Hunting
  • Spy (Lead on the spy hunting)
  • Hunter (Track down potential suspects if they run)
  • Healer/Herbalist (Look out for anything unnatural with the sick)
  • Cook (Have him keep tabs on the food situation)
  • 2 Horsemen (Assist the spy and potentially run down any troublesome individuals)
Task 3: Inventory Stuff/Inspecting Buildings
  • Clerk (Lead on Inventories)
  • Merchant (Assist on Inventories)
  • Miner (Assist on Inventories only because I don't see him being useful elsewhere)
  • Mason (Lead on Inspecting Buildings)
  • Smith (Assist in Inspecting Buildings)
  • Scholar (Assist in Inspecting Buildings, perhaps finding more information out about the buildings and their origins)
  • 2 Archers (Assist in Inspecting Buildings)
  • 2 Polearms (Assist in Inspecting Buildings)
I also propose that we assign the mason, smith, and scholar to inspect the buildings after we have secured whole courtyards. As an extra precaution, I think we should assign four soldiers to the inspection of these buildings as well. I am not opposed to moving units around either. That is the biggest part I struggled with in this decision.

Also, when we have finished ensuring the safety of the central courtyard, all of our soldiers, minus the two horsemen from the spy hunting, should be there when buildings are being inspected in case we missed something potentially dangerous.

ScubaV

Prophet
A3

Central Courtyard:
Kyoss, Irene, miner, mason, smith, scholar, 2 horsemen (who can run for backup), 2 polearms, 2 of Kalz's men (12 people)
Spies/Centipedes:
spy, hunter, cook, healer, 1 heavy, 1 light infantry (6 people)
Public task:
Kalz leading everyone else (13 people)

GreyViper

Prophet

What will you inspect?
I would prefer us to be very thorough in our search of this place. There is no official time limit to when this task needs to be done.

• Kyoss
  • Irene
  • Kalz + his men
  • 1 Light
  • 1 Heavy
  • 3 Archers
  • 2 Horsemen
  • 2 Horsemen (Assist the spy and potentially run down any troublesome individuals)
  • Miner (Assist on Inventories only because I don't see him being useful elsewhere)
  • Scholar (Assist in Inspecting Buildings, perhaps finding more information out about the buildings and their origins)
I also propose that we assign the mason, smith, and scholar to inspect the buildings after we have secured whole courtyards. As an extra precaution, I think we should assign four soldiers to the inspection of these buildings as well. I am not opposed to moving units around either. That is the biggest part I struggled with in this decision.

Also, when we have finished ensuring the safety of the central courtyard, all of our soldiers, minus the two horsemen from the spy hunting, should be there when buildings are being inspected in case we missed something potentially dangerous.
THIS, although I would take miner, mason and scholar at start.

Bloodshifter

Educated

What will you inspect?

• Kyoss
  • Irene
  • Kalz + his men
  • 1 Light
  • 1 Heavy
  • 3 Archers
  • 2 Horsemen

THIS, although I would take miner, mason and scholar at start.

Agree with grey

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A3

Central Courtyard:
Kyoss, Irene, miner, mason, smith, scholar, 2 horsemen (who can run for backup), 2 polearms, 2 of Kalz's men (12 people)
Spies/Centipedes:
spy, hunter, cook, healer, 1 heavy, 1 light infantry (6 people)
Public task:
Kalz leading everyone else (13 people)
This, we need the scholar in on the inspection. He may serve the loremaster function equivalent in AOD

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Is the loremaster function so urgent? I would rather not bring extra civilian (probably old) to uncharted territory. If we encounter resistance, we should retreat to safety and come back later with force.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom