Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
EHt9H6j.jpg

ngvFAEa.jpg

TwkRAHS.jpg

GWB2aLs.jpg

pL5PDFH.jpg

neG5Uto.jpg

b3nNUXi.jpg

ir7UxZo.jpg

DdI5fF3.jpg

Joonas

Arcane
Developer
orcus.jpg

demogorgon.jpg

Orcus & Demogorgon. These aren't even _that_ old, I remember seeing them somewhere (ENWorld?) around the time when D&D 3e was released. Don't know who the artist is, but I've always liked these.

nikolokolus

Arcane
One of the first drafts for the red box art
basic%2Balt.jpg
I think the second version (the "not-Conan-the-Barbarian" going mano-y-mano vs. a red dragon) is a much better and more dynamic composition (and I have a ton of nostalgia feels for it since Mentzer Basic was babby's very first RPG) but this first draft does a much better job of illustrating what the actual game is supposed to be like: a team of adventurers working together to take down a huge badass threat. The lone wolf bullshit is a one way ticket to boot hill and the published cover definitely colored my first few feeble attempts to keep a character alive. I guess it's a good thing rolling up a new character only took about 10 minutes.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm not sure I'd want to support this nu-TSR if Ernie Jr. is at the helm. His Marmoreal Tomb Kickstarter is now about 5 years late and he completely fobbed it off to Troll Lord Games to let them clean up his mess. As for the artwork, I'm glad to see Elmore is still painting after his stroke; it's not the best, but it's competent.

So it looks like someone purchased the use of the TSR logo and are creating new games with it... then they went ahead and got Larry Elmore to do the box cover art:

screen-shot-2021-06-19-at-12-25-54-pm-png.138496
Unfortunately nuTSR has already capitulated to the woke mob because they posted something like "our fantasy games are for escaping", Twitter troons jumped on it and they fired the social media guy.

If they're this spineless this early on, they'll be out of business before they know it.

Welp, that didn't take long. Bluehair Gestapo wins again
screenshot2021-07-0729cjgm.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom