Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve Blakemore accuses the RPG Codex of bandwidth leeching

Spacemoose said:
if I met someone that spoke like this, I would punch them. or at least I would be very tempted to punch them
Said person would undoubtedly speak at a breakneck pace of about ten words per minute, and I would get far too bored and lethargic to punch anybody long before getting the desire to do so.

Keldorn

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
if I met someone that spoke like this, I would punch them. or at least I would be very tempted to punch them

Good to see evidence that the lower species can at least TRY to subdue their primal impulses.

Rational volition WINS.

Keldorn

Scholar
Futile Rhetoric said:
Spacemoose said:
Said person would undoubtedly speak at a breakneck pace of about ten words per minute, and I would get far too bored and lethargic to punch anybody long before getting the desire to do so.

That is your cosmic epistemological penalty for switching to decaf.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Korgan said:
What these boards need is an option in your profile to hide posts by a specific member. Trolls are often hilarious, I know, but this asshole is too much of a good thing for sure.
P.S. Cleve, we Russians are quite familliar with people sharing your philosophy. My great-grandfather killed a few dozen during the war. They gave him 10 or so medals. Things sure were easy back then. (sighs)

I heard they killed a lot of unarmed civilians and gangraped three million women as well. Did they give your grandfather any medals for that?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Riso said:
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Do you have a web link to a company that sells those? That's exactly what I'd like, a liquid salt thorium reactor.

But certainly a brilliant self-educated individual such as yourself would be able to turn freely available principles into a working solution without a problem.

Brilliant plan. I need more real world ideas like this, to keep me grounded in priorities.

super-retard.JPG

WHAT YOU OUGHTTA DO IS BUILD YOURSELF ONE OF THOSE LIQUID SALT REACTORS. IT'S TOTALLY NUCLEAR BEEYOTCH!

Nael

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
You didn't answer my question, choadlick. Which gun?

Probably something he invented, like a revolver that shoots wasps and spiders.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
kingcomrade said:
You didn't answer my question, choadlick. Which gun?

I think in terms of "regions," not individual persons as threats. For example, a sixty meter fan-shaped swath would be a "region" that might pose a threat to me. So I would cleanse that "region" and anything that survived or got through might then perish of lead poisoning. I can't be bothered to aim at individuals, there might be a lot of them in a "region," so I'd scrub that "region" as my first line of defense. If we consider all areas around the shelter as "regions" then by covering each region with scrub ranges, you assure tactical sanctity for the entire shelter. Anybody stupid enough to surmount my standard barriers (tank traps, barbed wire) would want to perish in a "region" because the line of defense after that would become a really amazingly horrible way to shuffle off the mortal coil.

Remember, to know what I am thinking about, just ask yourself what you are thinking about, then think ahead by one million steps.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Remember, to know what I am thinking about, just ask yourself what you are thinking about, then think ahead by one million steps.
you're thinking about peanut rubber-duckies?

aron searle

Arcane
You're bunker doesnt sound very defendable.

I can't help but think you're defenses would amount to anything more than "hey lookee here i have lots of stuff worth stealing", 1 man or a small group is not going to be able to defend itself against a determined force even with the defenses you describe, and hey if we are talking doomsday scenarios, thats gonna happen.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
aron searle said:

I can't help but think you're defenses would amount to anything more than "hey lookee here i have lots of stuff worth stealing", 1 man or a small group is not going to be able to defend itself against a determined force even with the defenses you describe, and hey if we are talking doomsday scenarios, thats gonna happen.

... and all of my planning hinges on any attacker being no brighter than this dude. This is approximately what I expect. I reckon people like this would not get beyond perimeter one. Since there are six rings of defense possible around the shelter, this is the kind of guy I would just expect to find dead on the perimeter while I am out trimming the hedges. My strategy assumes a native intelligence equivalent to this rocket scientist.

As you approach my property from about 200 meters out, you'll want to seek the natural cover afforded by features in the terrain, little dips and shallow pits where you can peer over the crest and observe my shelter for a while before advancing. You'll want to do that because this is where my motion detectors are planted and it is also where my claymores are pointed inside of, actually from behind you, to make sure no shrapnel escapes these hollow depressions without passing through you first.

Maybe you're too clever for that and instead will choose a slow creep up the ravine. This is great because it is lined with CCD cameras and at the mouth of the ravine is a small concrete cylinder poking out of the ravine wall. You'll be relieved to know that we don't intend to shoot anybody from this observation point, though. It's just a remote perch where we can watch the homemade napalm cannon flood the ravine with sticky flaming fuel out to about 100 meters without any hope of cover. It's basically like being inside the mouth of a blowtorch. Later, we will dispose of your charred carcass by simply chucking it over the ravine wall on the other side. Please, consider our convenience when you breach the perimeter. A frontal assault is the best way to go. Your odds are better if you just strip naked and run screaming towards the hill, you will probably get a higher score in terms of distance before death from the hatch.

One of the greatest features of my mountain is that is it always chockablock with dead wood, so should we come under attack by a force of more than 100 people (unlikely this millennium, but still) we simply light up the entire mountain and seal the blast valve. Within a half an hour, temperatures outside climbing to 600 degrees in the resulting uncontrolled firestorm will pretty much clear the entire plain out to 4 kilometers, with the only hope of survival to immediately evacuate the area ahead of the fire.

Did I mention my tritium markers for night defense? They are placed in a clocklike circle allowing us to concentrate fire on a map oriented correctly even in perfect darkness to hit people who are hiding exactly in front of the locations where the tritium markers are mounted.

aron searle

Arcane
... and all of my planning hinges on any attacker being no brighter than this dude.

Which is pretty much the point, your so secure in you're ego you can't possibly imagine someone with brains and determination trying to get in. So you stick a big "here i am flag" thinking you're safe, hell you even gave away a defensive weakness and i suspect unknowingly.

Oh, and you're ad hominem is funny, funny in the sense of a 5 year old who's just learnt some new swearwords.

I reckon people like this would not get beyond perimeter one.

Thats cause i wouldn't try to, I'd have a gun to someone else's head and tell them to get to it.

Keldorn

Scholar
aron searle said:

... and all of my planning hinges on any attacker being no brighter than this dude. This is approximately what I expect. I reckon people like this would not get beyond perimeter one. Since there are six rings of defense possible around the shelter, this is the kind of guy I would just expect to find dead on the perimeter while I am out trimming the hedges. My strategy assumes a native intelligence equivalent to this rocket scientist.

As you approach my property from about 200 meters out, you'll want to seek the natural cover afforded by features in the terrain, little dips and shallow pits where you can peer over the crest and observe my shelter for a while before advancing. You'll want to do that because this is where my motion detectors are planted and it is also where my claymores are pointed inside of, actually from behind you, to make sure no shrapnel escapes these hollow depressions without passing through you first.

Maybe you're too clever for that and instead will choose a slow creep up the ravine. This is great because it is lined with CCD cameras and at the mouth of the ravine is a small concrete cylinder poking out of the ravine wall. You'll be relieved to know that we don't intend to shoot anybody from this observation point, though. It's just a remote perch where we can watch the homemade napalm cannon flood the ravine with sticky flaming fuel out to about 100 meters without any hope of cover. It's basically like being inside the mouth of a blowtorch. Later, we will dispose of your charred carcass by simply chucking it over the ravine wall on the other side. Please, consider our convenience when you breach the perimeter. A frontal assault is the best way to go. Your odds are better if you just strip naked and run screaming towards the hill, you will probably get a higher score in terms of distance before death from the hatch.

One of the greatest features of my mountain is that is it always chockablock with dead wood, so should we come under attack by a force of more than 100 people (unlikely this millennium, but still) we simply light up the entire mountain and seal the blast valve. Within a half an hour, temperatures outside climbing to 600 degrees in the resulting uncontrolled firestorm will pretty much clear the entire plain out to 4 kilometers, with the only hope of survival to immediately evacuate the area ahead of the fire.

Did I mention my tritium markers for night defense? They are placed in a clocklike circle allowing us to concentrate fire on a map oriented correctly even in perfect darkness to hit people who are hiding exactly in front of the locations where the tritium markers are mounted.

What about the possibility that your obsessive project isn't actually necessary, omnipotent, infallible or conducive to your CRPG development ?

DefJam101

Arcane
aron searle said:

... and all of my planning hinges on any attacker being no brighter than this dude. This is approximately what I expect.
I reckon people like this would not get beyond perimeter one. Since there are six rings of defense possible around the shelter, this is the kind of guy I would just expect to find dead on the perimeter while I am out trimming the hedges. My strategy assumes a native intelligence equivalent to this rocket scientist.

I'm gonna do this in both threads now, highlight all the:

- Fallacious bullshit
- Ego-supported statements
- Personal assumptions and attacks

It is worthy to note that anything not highlighted in this particular post is worthless without pics of some sort.

DefJam101

Arcane
Korgan said:
What these boards need is an option in your profile to hide posts by a specific member. Trolls are often hilarious, I know, but this asshole is too much of a good thing for sure.
P.S. Cleve, we Russians are quite familliar with people sharing your philosophy. My great-grandfather killed a few dozen during the war. They gave him 10 or so medals. Things sure were easy back then. (sighs)

I heard they killed a lot of unarmed civilians and gangraped three million women as well. Did they give your grandfather any medals for that?

Amazingly enough, this post is empty if you remove the bullshit.

Krancor

Scholar
aron searle said:

If you light the mountain on fire, then unless you have done a lot more insulating than mere concrete, you'll cook.

All someone needs is a sniper rifle to train on your entrance, and you're toast, no matter what you do, if you ever plan on coming out. 200 yards of defenses is not much. At 200 yards virtually anyone with a scoped rifle can take you out, and you won't even know they are out there til you walk out for some fresh air and get some right in your brain. For someone who's a good shot, they would not even need a scope for that. If someone had a genuine sniper rifle they could take you out at 1000 yards easily.

If anything, your defenses sound dangerous and prone to failing in a way that kills you spectacularly. Your best defense is secrecy, and I am pretty sure that surrounding a hill with tank traps and barbed wire eliminates any chance you had of that. Even a remote shack is unlikely to be investigated by anyone, let alone a hole in the ground, but if someone sees a big fuck off fort on a hill that's fortified they'll immediately know that you have stores and weapons worth stealing.

Also, don't you worry that you will char someone to death who had no idea you were even there in the first place? If the situation you describe happens, there's a good chance that at some point people wil be searching for survivors or supplies who are not murderers. If they weren't planning to kill you then, you can bet after you char their buddy to death they will plan on it, and since you are in a single location then they are most likely going to eventually succeed.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
DefJam101 said:
Korgan said:

Amazingly enough, this post is empty if you remove the bullshit.
Actually it has a point. Both sides in WW2 did some horrible atrocities to civilians. War is a shittacular thing.

kris

Arcane
Krancor said:
Also, don't you worry that you will char someone to death who had no idea you were even there in the first place? If the situation you describe happens, there's a good chance that at some point people wil be searching for survivors or supplies who are not murderers. If they weren't planning to kill you then, you can bet after you char their buddy to death they will plan on it, and since you are in a single location then they are most likely going to eventually succeed.

Everyone is subhuman lowllives compared to cleve, why would he want them to live?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Krancor said:
aron searle said:

If you light the mountain on fire, then unless you have done a lot more insulating than mere concrete, you'll cook.

All someone needs is a sniper rifle to train on your entrance, and you're toast, no matter what you do, if you ever plan on coming out. 200 yards of defenses is not much. At 200 yards virtually anyone with a scoped rifle can take you out, and you won't even know they are out there til you walk out for some fresh air and get some right in your brain. For someone who's a good shot, they would not even need a scope for that. If someone had a genuine sniper rifle they could take you out at 1000 yards easily.

If anything, your defenses sound dangerous and prone to failing in a way that kills you spectacularly. Your best defense is secrecy, and I am pretty sure that surrounding a hill with tank traps and barbed wire eliminates any chance you had of that. Even a remote shack is unlikely to be investigated by anyone, let alone a hole in the ground, but if someone sees a big fuck off fort on a hill that's fortified they'll immediately know that you have stores and weapons worth stealing.

Wow, that almost sounds like commando style reasoning. You must be some kind of commando. Either that, or you have watched the director's cut of MISSING IN ACTION I, II and III like fifty times. Then again, you might be some goofball on an RPG site who couldn't organize an assault on McDonald's unless it was to steal some ketchup packets off the condiment tray.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Krancor - You're forgetting that Cleve's bones and muscle tissue are reinforced with titanium, bullets would probably bounce off of him.

Something tells me this man has watched too much The 6 Million Dollar Man :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom