Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

Random

Arcane
Patron
Of course. It's just that I've been enjoying the holidays a bit too much.

Jester

Arbiter
Looks like Random is enjoying early summer holidays. Shame wanted to find out how this will develop.
Hope that grand Necromouse will add this thread to his "to do" list.

Baltika9

Arcane
Moar! You don't get me into a jarpug inspired CYOA to quit after seven updates. Moar!

Fangshi

Arcane
This is a very interesting premise for a CYOA please don't let this go the same way as Journey to the Centre of Arcanum, my heart could not take the disappointment...:(

Every time this I see this thread updated I rush to open it and get dissapointed. And now I'm probably doing the some to someone else.

Baltika9

Arcane
hqdefault.jpg

Random

Arcane
Patron
Chapter 1: The Hero Returns, Part IV

Your sleep is not peaceful. Seeing all of those horrific experiments and the terrible gore of those corpses everywhere might have something to do with that. You are finally startled back to the realm of the living by one particularly nasty nightmare to find that you are still in that large office with the other two girls. Aeris is asleep against the wall and leaning on Tifa's shoulder, who is quietly staring at the ground. She has her legs laying to the side and tightly closed together, denying you the sight of what lay under her ridiculously short skirt, but you see plenty of her milky thighs and the rest of her curves anyways. She notices you shifting your weight around and stretching weakly, and stares at you as if waiting to see what you will do. She really shouldn't be so worried, considering she could still beat you to a bloody pulp with her bare hands on the best of days, and you are sore and stiff as hell at the moment. You are faced with buffeting silence. You can't even hear anything going on outside the room. These are well-built rooms, at least.

Finally, you get tired of the quiet and yawn loudly. Aeris twitches in her sleep, and Tifa glares at you for being noisy. You shrug across the office at her. It's a reflex, not something you can control. A few more minutes pass like this, and eventually, Tifa gently slips away from Aeris and places her head on the cushion of the big chair in the office. She walks up to you and sits down beside you. You wonder what she's thinking, and then she just comes right out with it: "you're a guard here. You must know a way we can escape," she says.

You are momentarily taken aback by her candor, but recover in good time. "I might, but why should I tell you? I'd lose my job and get thrown in prison," you say.

"You aren't a bad person. You know what they'll do to me. I'm a terrorist. I don't have rights. And worse, you know what they'll do to her. You've seen the results of the experiments. And to them, she's an extra special toy."

"I don't see how that's my problem."

"You can help us get out. I can tell. And I know you're a good enough man to do it because it's the right thing to do!" she says.

"Lady, you're a wanted terrorist. You've killed a lot of people. For all I know, you deserve every single thing you have coming to you," you say coldly.

"Then what about her?" she asks, pointing to Aeris. "How do you know she deserves being experimented with for the twisted pleasure of those sick bastards who call themselves scientists?"

You have to admit, you aren't sure anyone deserves what you've seen wandering the blood-stained halls of the building. Then again, you don't know that chick and she may very well be worse than any of the other terrorists. "I don't know enough to decide that. I can't just throw away everything on a wild guess. Besides, there's no guarantee that what they plan to do with her is all that bad. If she's important enough for the Turks to hunt her down to protect her, then she'll probably be fine."

"You don't even know what they've already done to her! She's just a flower-seller from the slums! She doesn't deserve any of this!"

"What have they done to her, then?" you ask. Tifa's face contorts in an expression of utter disgust, and she shakes her head, unable to say it. "Look, you aren't doing a very good job of convincing me to betray Shinra."

"Then tell me, what do you want? How can I convince you to help us?" Tifa asks, brushing a lock of her flowing, black hair out of her eyes and tucking it behind her ear.

You give it some thought. You do have a way that she could escape from the building, but helping her risks your entire life. You don't enjoy the thought of what will happen to her and what might happen to her friend, but is it worth helping her?

What do you do?

A) Give her the keys to the display vehicles, no questions asked. She's right.
B) Demand sexual favors in exchange for the way out. It's time she put that body of hers to good use.
C) [Bluff] Lie to her that you don't know any way out. Best to just nip this whole situation in the bud.
D) [Bluff] Lie to her about the way to escape so that she'll get messily gunned down. She has it coming anyways.
E) Tell her that she can't have Aeris, but she can have the keys; she's nowhere near as important as Aeris is here and you can cover up Tifa's escape fairly easily without catching too much heat. Can be combined with any other option where you do help her.
F) Tell her that you know a way out, but you won't help her anyways. Be honest.
G) Stay silent. No need to say anything here.
H) Other

Character Sheet

Name: Marcus "Maverick" Westford
Class: Ranger
Profession: First Lieutenant of the Shinra Peacekeeping Corps
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: None

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 7
Tenacity 5 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Discipline Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Athletics Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Bluff Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Inventory: SM-3 Service Pistol, two clips of 9mm ammunition, ruined civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Spearmint Gum, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 20,000 Gil, keys to the display vehicles

oscar

Arcane
D is tempting. As is B. I'll withhold my vote for now but fuck Tifa and Aeris, let's become Turks.

Hey, this is back on? Nice.

Voting H > G.

H > I

Tell her we that we can't help her like that after she and her friends have killed all of our men back on floor 59. Men that we were responsible for and that for most part were probably not guilty of anything other than holding their ground when they decided to storm this place. And besides, where are they going to go even with the keys? Is she going to carry her friend to the prison past the Turks, then carry two of her friends back to the lobby? She'll just get captured again.

edit:

Ok, it might get us killed, but I'll add the white knighting vote as conditional. Hopefully with the state this place is in our superiors won't find out. Maybe. She did spare our life after all. Though I still don't know how is she planning to escape with her friends and not get herself killed.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
I - give her key and tell her to kick your ass to make story of her escape more believable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom