Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cloud is Dead (Final Fantasy VII CYOA)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B>D

Dayyālu

Arcane
With "gum" you mean booze?

Kk, we're drunk and we suck at charm. I guess C then B, let's try to get some info out of our guardian angel. Not that it will help, considering we are dead drunk and she isn't.

Can SOLDIERs even get drunk anymore?

Random

Arcane
Patron
The Cs have it.

Changing Times Part V

No sense not trying to make a new friend. You dig through a pocket in your pants and manage to wrestle out your old pack of chewing gum. You hold it up. "You want some gum?"

"No."

"Oh."

You glance down at the other thing in your hand, the bottle of brandy, and clumsily drop your gum on the ground. You think to pick it back up, but then forget to.

"You want some brandy?" you ask.

"No."

"Oh."

What do you do?

A) Go home without further ado
B) [Charm] Try to strike up a drunken conversation
C) [Charm] "How far'll, uhh, two thousand gil get me?"
D) Alternative

Roll Results
Charm to convince the SOLDIER to have some gum:
1d20 + Intelligence - Inebriated - Untrained skill = 8 + 7 - 1 - 4 = 10
TN: Hidden
Result: Failure

Character Sheet
Name: Marcus "Steelwall" Westford
Class: Ranger
Level: 2
Profession: Major of the ShinRa Co. Peacekeeping Corps, Department of Public Safety, Military Police Division
Inner Nature: X
Dominant Inner Nature: None
Health: [Pristine - Fine - Poor - Severe - Critical - Dead]

Characteristics:
Strength 4 Agility 8
Tenacity 6 Intelligence 7

Skills:
Discipline Lvl. 3
Marksmanship Lvl. 2, Athletics Lvl. 2, Bluff Lvl. 2
Hand-to-Hand Lvl. 1, Fieldcraft Lvl. 1, Stealth Lvl. 1, Academics Lvl. 1, Observation Lvl. 1, Electronics Lvl. 1, Computer Use Lvl. 1

Perks:
Tough Guy ("Love the suck." The penalty for all mundane negative status effects is reduced by 1)

Inventory: Civilian casual clothes, Shinra Employee ID Card, Jupiter Energy Bar, Pocket Knife, Portable Handheld System, Wallet w/ 19,670 Gil, Note from Janice, Tom's business card (blood-stained), half-empty bottle of Gysahl Brandy
Gear:

Last edited:

Random

Arcane
Patron
Would the malus for inebriated have been -3, had we not had the "Tough Guy" perk, or did you forget to adjust it?
Of course. What kind of hack fraud would forget something like that?
:negative: fixed

Baltika9

Arcane
You know, I think it's for the best that we did not ask for a ride home. I don't think Marcus is sober enough to hold on. And the jackass would probably ride at full speed just to fuck with us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom