Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Code of the Savage - Ultima 6/7-inspired RPG

AdolfSatan

Arcane
In only 5 years of development, he already has NPCs that can follow the player? Whoa, slow down man, I’m getting dizzy.

Jinn

Arcane
He went through some serious health problems during development, so the fact that he got through that and continues to push forward with his dream project is inspiring. Keep going, man!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2106227726/code-of-the-savage-rpg/posts/4071228

Update 44: Movement system, lack of updates explained.​

Hey Backers!

I know updates have been few and far between, and I've been neglecting the social media pages. I also know you deserve better than this... However, I'd just rather put the time I have into development. I'd prefer neglecting social media over neglecting development.

Believe me when I say this: A lack of updates does not necessarily mean a lack of progress or abandonment of the project. There have been ups and downs, but I've been working on Code of The Savage every day. Lately, I have found that I have more time and use that time more efficiently.

Movement System​

Probably the biggest change is the movement system. It underwent a complete overhaul – from a 16x16 grid-based to a non-grid-based movement system. This, of course, broke a lot of the systems that were dependent on a 16x16 grid, from combat to NPC schedules, to collision detection, and more. But in the end, I'm so glad I made the change. The game just feels and runs so much better because of it... No regerts.

Getting NPC schedules working again with the new systems was particularly troublesome and game me many a headache, but I got there in the end.

Collisions​

With the changes to the movement system, collision detection also needed an overhaul. Previously, all collisions occurred on the 16x16 grid, which was fine when the movement system was also grid-based. However, when you have walls and other objects that don't fit nicely into that grid, it becomes a problem.

Collisions are now far more flexible and realistic. When walking behind or in front of a wall, there's no more empty space between you and the wall, and objects in the game that should block you, do.

I forgot the mic was recording when I captured this video, and you can hear my 3-year-old in the background telling me to make the man walk in the water. (Not currently a feature of the game...)

The following video shows how well the new system handles many mobs. With the old system, this would have been impossible. Keep in mind, this is just for demonstration purposes; you will not encounter this many mobs in the actual game.

Each different mob type has set attack speeds and reaction times. And these reactions times are also given slight randomness + or - 0.1 -0.2 seconds. As you can see not all the critters react to attack the player at the same time.

Mini-map​

As you can see from the previous video, I've added a mini-map to the game. At the moment, it is just kind of there. But I'll make it minimizable and possibly also movable.

There have been countless other improvements and fixes since the last update. Overall I am happy with where Code of The Savage is, and I remain dedicated to its development.

~Geoff

Cael

Arcane

This game is now on my banned list. Thanks for letting me know.

Why?

FRS-LON2647_1024x.jpg

Fuck any cunt who supports the china cunt party with a shattered glass dildo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom