Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diablo 2 LoD Fun

How about we start tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm GMT?

I'll probably end up playing a cursing Necro (with a golem and Corpse Explosion), a Defensive Auras Paladin (Cleansing/Meditation/Salvation and Holy Bolt for healing), or a War Cry Barbarian (War Cry, Howl, Taunt, Battle Cry, Battle Orders)

Also, what's everyone's stance on 'twinking' (transferring items found by other chars)? Personally, I don't much, if any, and I feel it would be better if everyone started on more or less even footing. Otherwise, whoever's been playing the most will probably end up eclipsing the others, and loot, which is half the reason to play the game, becomes mostly pointless.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I never do it, but I accept gifts. But I'd feel lame if I ever made a "mule".

Well, if we start over, I might try a Firewall Sorceress. Since she only needs to max 2 skills, maybe I can also max her Enchant? That might help out.

Xi

Arcane
Guys, I'm down to go another round, but I'm not interested in hardcore mode. I say we switch to normal. Currently I have a Curse Necro at about lvl 26 on Normal Euro server. Who would be interested in joining me here?

I say we stick to the group synergy and go for some type of paladin/Barbarian/Druid/Sorc setup, where we each provide some type of group buff. The paladin with movement/resist/damage, sorc with enchant/fire, Druid with life/damage buff, and my necro with Curses to remove all resistances or double damage.

That would be pretty awesome. Anyway, I guess I'd do hardcore if no one is interested in normal, but I say we give normal a go. Who's with me? (Also I will start over from scratch np - though I like the necro curse/golem/corpseE)

Globbi

Augur
No joining to you Xi, but new chars and playing together from the begining. Of course we can get someone join up quickly when he's not online somtimes.
HC is ok, it's quite safe in teams and the game is more challenging when it comes to difficult moments.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I may try asassin because I nevr tried it. I may use lighting or cold sorceress. Or some necro. My char may be tweaked to your party type. So, I'll wait.

Hm. This seems to be going nowhere. How about everyone just post what they want to be? Ideally, we should have a Necro for curses, a Barbarian for Battle Orders, and at least one Paladin. After everyone says what they want to be, one or two people may want to change to cover something or to keep from doubling up on some specific build.

Unless someone else wants to cover the Paladin Defensive auras, I suppose I'll do it. So far, from what I can tell, this is what everyone is considering:

Flux_Capacitor - Paladin (Defensive auras)
Jasede - Sorceress (Firewall/Enchant)
micmu - Sorceress (Cold/Lightning)
Globbi - Paladin (Vengeance)

Xi - Necro (curses) or Amazon (Lightning Fury) or Barbarian (War Cry)
inwoker - Assassin or Sorceress (Lightning or Cold) or Necromancer

Kingston (maybe) - Amazon (Javelin)
Binary (maybe) - ?

I've undoubtedly missed someone and/or not gotten their character right, so speak up. A Druid could be handy, as well.

Also, does everyone want to start tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm GMT?

Xi

Arcane
Put me down for Necro(curses/caster), a Javazon for intense lit/phys aoe damage(Good for clearing tough doods from a distance), or a barb haven't played a barb yet(WC).

Globbi

Augur
I'll play a vengace pally then, at least someone will make use of enchant.

Binary

Liturgist
I'll probably still be at work by that time but I can catch up

Now that everyone has chosen, what classes are still "needed" ?

Globbi

Augur
Barbarian? Would be nice to have battle orders but take anything you want.

A Necro (preferably not a summoner) would certainly be nice for the curses, and a golem would make a nice tank, since we have so few. A Druid for the Grizzly and Heart of Oak couldn't hurt either, and the Grizzly could make good use of Jasede's Enchant. Also, a War Cry Barbarian would be handy for the Battle Orders. A couple people still haven't really decided (or haven't posted their decision) and have some of these listed as possibilities, so I can't be entirely positive what we'll end up needing.

Sorcs seem to be pretty well covered, and we probably won't need another Amazon or Paladin at this point. Personally, I think it would also be nice to have some variety, and not have too many of the same class. It would also help for loot, as we won't have too many people fighting over the same stuff.

Globbi

Augur
If you make necro I'd prefer it to be poison with golem or just max golem and use bow :P

Ashery

Prophet
I might join up, DF is losing it's hold over me, heh...

I'm up for playing anything but a Druid as I've overplayed that class to hell (Three of my four mains were Druids).

The only other class I know is a Pally, but I'd be up for trying something new as long as someone with experience helps with the spec.

I was tempted to go for a Zealot, but we already have two Pallies.

Edit: Amazon maybe? Make use of that bow I have along with other misc gear...What'd be a good or interesting bow spec?

Ashery

Prophet
Screw bears, max dire wolf first while slowly filling up bear (I capped dire wolf around 30 probably, didn't cap bear until 70ish).

Then start subspecing in the fire and you'd be ready for hell.

Wolves with 800 hp unbuffed, 1400 with oak out rule...Pulled out the bear only when I needed, thanks to my 24ish in dire wolf, my 8-9k hp tank ;p

I'd still be playing my druid if I could change the now largely useless cold spec to fire...

Globbi

Augur
So why didn't you play Binary? We are level 17 after Radament in act 2, except Jasede who left without saying anything before the end of act 1.

It seems we play tomorrow at the same time without Inwoker who won't play until sunday/monday.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Check the message log, I said I played enough for today, and thanked you for the fun.

Jasede did say he was done for the day, thanked us for the game, and said something about trying to get to ~level 22. Its hard to see messages sometimes when there's that many people playing together.

inwoker said:
we now have
1-2 paladins
2-3 sorceress
1 amazon
1 barb
right?
No barb. Someone was playing a barb until level 15, then switched to a sorc. So it looks like:
2 paladins
3 sorcs
1 amazon

I'm considering switching from a paladin to a necro. Curses are awfully handy for crowd control and support. I thought someone would show up as a necro, but it didn't happen.

Micmu

Magister
No barb. Someone was playing a barb until level 15, then switched to a sorc.
I was. Maybe I'll continue playing with barb tomorrow, to even things out a bit.

Edit: decided to play with barb until he dies. We DO need more melee and battle orders after all. Please don't throw away/sell any useful 1H axes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom