Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Diablo 2 LoD Fun

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I might create a new character, or stop playing this ridiculous shit. My barb isn't really doing anything in a group, I need another character to find items with. What's your account name binary?

Serious_Business said:
I might create a new character, or stop playing this ridiculous shit. My barb isn't really doing anything in a group, I need another character to find items with.
For the sake of friendly party-playing, I'm inclined to say that large scale, AOE skills (eg. Frozen Orb, Lightning Fury, Poison Nova) shouldn't be used. They make a lot of builds and skills, particularly melee and single target attacks, seemingly ineffective. No one likes to just stand around, watching everyone else do everything. I get the feeling this is one of the reasons Globbi has stopped showing up. He had expressed concerns about exactly this sort of thing earlier.

Binary

Liturgist
Thanks to inwoker for taking me all the way to Act 5 last night. The foothills are my favorite place to level up

I'm still only lvl 20 though, so I might go to Kurast Lower/Bazaar to get a few more levels

Micmu

Magister
Level 20 and A5, huh. That's suicide on NM. Normally, you should be around 32-36 on NM. I know some would disagree, but this is hard-core, you should never be "secure" enough.
Btw. my account name is Micmu, I'm playing a zealot right now (lvl 26, Normal). Message me if you want some joint carnage /m *micmu

I agree with Flux_Capacitor, even if I'm one of the frozen orb whores. Spamming the whole screen with nuclear magic isn't really party-friendly. Sometimes I'm having real difficulties finding my mouse cursor, yet alone seeing who is targeting who. But I just can't help it now... :(

Melee party could be very fun, but we'd definitely need one barbarian, paladin, druid and a necro with one point in every curse (last two non summon-heavy). Mmmm

Binary

Liturgist
micmu said:
Level 20 and A5, huh. That's suicide on NM. Normally, you should be around 32-36 on NM. I know some would disagree, but this is hard-core, you should never be "secure" enough.

With my previous toon I only went into NM onlvl 45. I don't want to go to NM with this one on lvl 20, but I do want to level up on the relatively safe Foothills

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I never thought about it this way, the mass spells does ensure that everybody survives. The point is that my guy is not very effective anyway, not enough damage and not enough armor (i.e. poor equipment). I have a necro now, about 19, summoner, zero reliance on items, pretty damn easy to play

Binary

Liturgist
Serious_Business said:
I never thought about it this way, the mass spells does ensure that everybody survives. The point is that my guy is not very effective anyway, not enough damage and not enough armor (i.e. poor equipment). I have a necro now, about 19, summoner, zero reliance on items, pretty damn easy to play

lol the problem is when my wolves start getting a craving for bones

Ashery

Prophet
So are we starting over or what? Doc and myself are in the server but no one else is on...Duty was around, but only for a few minutes before signing off.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's hard on hell. Even the first area. Maybe we should do baalruns first? Without barb BO or paladin with resistances aura somebody soon dies. Very soon.

Xi

Arcane
Sorry I never jumped into the new games with you guys. I met another girl. Oh damn! Pretty much a time sync at this point, but I cannot say I mind. I did however get a sorc to lvl 84 on USwest and have occulus, Shako, Skullders, nagel rings, etc. So I guess I've re-had the Diablo 2 experience anyway.

Pretty sure the time frame for these games just doesn't work for me. Otherwise I would have been down.

Ashery

Prophet
I'll be out for the weekend, so Baal runs would mean that I dont have to catch up quest wise ;p Just hold onto any good amazon/resist gear...My resists are bad enough in NM, I cried when I saw'em in H...

Micmu

Magister
inwoker said:
It's hard on hell. Even the first area. Maybe we should do baalruns first? Without barb BO or paladin with resistances aura somebody soon dies. Very soon.
Ouch. Wow. I nearly got one-shotted by some boss quill beast (immune next to everything, including physical) just outside Rogue encampment. Coldn't even get near to it and it healed faster than I could damage it. Wasted merc with two shots. Actually, everything wastes my merc with two shots (and me too).

I expected Hell to be hard, but not like THIS. It's absolutely over-the-top. We have ZERO chance before level 75 and at least 1000 HP and super-duper damage reductions and defenses. Couldn't even do the Den quest because of the monster above, I can't imagine how other areas/acts look like :shock:

So are we gonna grind today or do we commit mass suicide? I'm not going to Hell today, I'm still at lvl. 65.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok. I tested hell difficulty a bit. And walked up to jail 1.
Some unique monsters are really insane.
The mentioned quill rat is bugged I think. Coz monsters in next areas are not so hard. It's really playable if in group with some barb and paladin with defensive auras.

Binary

Liturgist
We're all out of sync again. Should we all start over and then see when/how/where we meet our higher level chars?

My summon/ele druid is now lvl 36 or so.
( Pindle+Rectifier+Foothills boss ) * 4 = level

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems I've been banned from europe server. The answer when trying to connect is the same as in the absense of internets. US West connects fine.

Micmu

Magister
If we start again from NM, I have an offensive NM-ready paladin Micmu (lvl 35) - zealot with Fanaticism - will make any melee party a killing machine. I can pull Holy Freeze and a bit of resistance auras as well, when in need.
Should we go for melee, we'd definitely need a defensive paladin as well, a BO barb and a necro with amplify damage/lower resist to strip those nasties of immunities.

Anyway, I'll try to sign up today at usual time (20:00 CET / 6 p.m. GMT) to see where we go from now.

Like I said, I'm definitely not ready for Hell with my lvl. 65 sorc. They'll one-shot me in no time.
The mentioned quill rat is bugged I think. Coz monsters in next areas are not so hard. It's really playable if in group with some barb and paladin with defensive auras.
I really hope so, because only one spine hit me and I was left with no mana and like 5% HP. And the bastard was immune to cold, poison, physical AND lightning resistant.
Seems I've been banned from europe server. The answer when trying to connect is the same as in the absense of internets. US West connects fine.
Occasional bnet problems? It happened to me, too. Try later.
Or you've been using those "undetectable" hacks, right?

Binary

Liturgist
micmu said:
If we start again from NM, I have an offensive NM-ready paladin Micmu (lvl 35) - zealot with Fanaticism - will make any melee party a killing machine.

We should play together. With the wolves and the Spirit (and I'm assuming you have another act 2 merc) we could probably cut through anything until Baal

Ashery

Prophet
Two deaths in hell today, Micmu and myself. I'll be playing my druid with the hell people during the usual time and leveling another amazon otherwise. Shouldn't be too hard to solo to catch up to you NM folk as I can twink the toon out with some perfect gems on a trash bow and plow through the first several acts.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh, I got bored to be disconnected from battle.net for reconnecting often. They better think of some good inventory system in diablo 3.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I uninstalled that shit. Level 65 Barb, level 20 necro. My characters still live but I do not. Here another soldier falls. Carry on, America, I know you can carry on without me. :salutefromthegrave:

Binary

Liturgist
for a zon: should I go spears or javelins?

want to go different from bows, which Ashery is already doing

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dropped spirit sword in act1 left from stash.
Somebody be kind and take it.
I have been banned again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom