Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Codex Interview with MCA

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
On par? That's bullshit. BL's writing (outside of some juvenile stuff) was by far SUPERIOR to PST's writing.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
FUCKING CHRIST, can you asshats stop using abbreviations for one post? Who the hell is MCA? Chris A. the object of the interview? Why the M?

And what the fuck is BL?

Believe it or not, it wouldn't kill anyone or take an inordinate amount of time to spell out half of the abbreviations they use. PlaneScape: Torment takes about as long to type as PST and if anything, is a quicker read for anyone who doesn't live here.

Anyway, gj VD for the iview. I thought the insight MCA gave about PST and KOTOR2 was great, from the definition of an RPG to his experiences developing NR in FO2. A good iview is always a good to spark debate about classics like FO FO2 or FO3 PSTand A and all sorts of games from BI like BG and BG2. GN and GL, sweet dreams MSFD.

Jason

chasing a bee
"On par" sounds about right to me. BL had some juvenile parts and PST had some overdone, over-angsty parts. Both were amazing, regardless.

Good interview.

edit: STFU Lord Chambers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"iview"

Yet you complain about our short forms.

Besides, anyone whod oesn't know what PSt or BL stands for is a FAKE role-player and is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Eat on that!!!

spacemoose

Erudite
More progress quest number-raising? Dialogue not expressive enough?

Who is holding the gun to MCA's head and forcing him to say these things?

dongle

Scholar
We need some forum avatars made out of those drawings please. :D

Fun interview, thanks for providing it.

Vultok

Novice
why the fuck is there this stupid axis in people's heads?

dialogue<------------------------>immersion

Those stupid dialogue movies in kotor2 pissed me off. I can read faster than your actors can talk, your dialogue wasn't interesting, and it wasn't fucking immersive.

I like reading (omg! lolzzz!!!). I'm tired of your shitty psuedo immersion nonsense you all spout off at the least opportunity.

ps. I like real manuals too.

Drakron

Arcane
Spacemoose said:
More progress quest number-raising? Dialogue not expressive enough?

Who is holding the gun to MCA's head and forcing him to say these things?

Perhaps you sould realize he is not the messias and what we are getting from him will be nothing morethat "KotOR2", a game that likely was not put under the same heat that Oblivion gets because "ex-Black Isle and MCA worked on it".

Bah,it just remind me to delete the OE link in my favorits.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Good interview, not great. I dug the Dave Gaider one more since he seemed more informative rather than funny. Chris was funny, but i'd prefer straight answers to some of those questions. I understand the vagueness about future endeavors but the other stuff... eh...

And what the hell is wrong with Volourn? He almost sounds like a real person in this thread ;)

Dialogue + Console Dev = Bad, since people play from their couches and can't read all the text on the screen from 10 feet away.

Animation/Body Language + Consoles = Good. I think that's the answer we were looking for.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Heh. I liked the picture of the RPG Codex babies. :lol:

Chris rocks. Now I wish my interview had been funnier. Man, I'm so lame. *pout*

Atrokkus

Erudite
Chris A. the object of the interview? Why the M?
It's MASTAH CHRIS AVELLONE, you prick! M-A-S-T-A-H, can't you even READD!"?!?%11

I can read faster than your actors can talk
It would be quite retarded of one to say otherwise, hmm?

You’re pushy Vault Dweller. But I forgive you.
UR RLY JEEZ-UHS??!11

But jokes aside, this interview is a clear and quite alarming indicator of what the big companies are all about now, and how talented people kind of lose their spark, choosing the path of least resistance. He's still doing what he loves, but, perhaps, his values changed a little, and that is not what msot of people here are happy about.
Anyways, I'd like to see what their new project will be like.

Slylandro

Scholar
Who drew those pictures? Hope to see some more of that fantastic artwork in AoD. :lol:

Jora

Arcane
Slylandro said:
Who drew those pictures? Hope to see some more of that fantastic artwork in AoD. :lol:
Chris drew them. Unfortunately he isn't in the AoD team.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Hmm, babies disliking a game designed for someone with the brain power of a baby.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Great interview!

It's funny and I believe the answers are honest.

Oh, and Volourn, your posts are silly. My only guess is that you post these retarded messages on purpose, just so you get some attention. Very well, here's some attention: you suck!

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
The interview was fantastic, despite it being a bit "gimmicky". It really felt like both, the interviewee and the interviewer cared about the exchange. You barely see stuff like this on other gaming sites.

I can't think of anything cynical to add, sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom