Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has trademarked cancelled time travel RPG Meantime...and also Van Buren?!

Athelas

Arcane
I'm not getting the joke... :cry:

Thing is, the codex attacked me years ago. I have zero respect for them.
Butthurt. Never forget.

Who is he?
A man wronged and left for dead years ago, his precious feelings yanked away, which left a wound that would never ever heal. Codex victim #432157.

Meantime: Van Buren
It can't get any more meta than this.
You go back in time when Fallout: Van Buren was being developed and you can help Black Isle Studios finish the game.

Bad ending: you end up inadvertently helping the creation of Fallout 3 instead.

I2Sapf7.png

Last edited:

Monocause

Arcane
Regardless, can someone explain why didn't Roguey get this for avatar yet?

Hhso5.jpg

(i suppose adding the 'codex spymaster' tag to his/her incredibly long list of tags wouldn't hurt either and seriously, it's well earned)

Quarex

Novice
Is Meantime really something that's known outside of this forum? It's no Wasteland, and even its Kickstarter had to lean heavily on the Fallout brand. Although Meantime still makes more sense than Van Buren (the codename of a game in a franchise now owned by Bethesda). (...).
That's why he will call his next game Van Buren not "Meantime". While most people haven't heard about this game, quite a few heard about Van Buren. Van Buren has even it's own paragraph in the Fallout 3 article on Wikipedia. Besides the name everything will be different but throughout the internet people will remind other people this name's association with Fallout which will surely enrage Bethesda (but there will be nothing they can do about it).
This is amazing. Like the retro RPG version of the 1-800-OPERATOR/OPERATER scoop of the 1990s! It just HAS to be true!

Also anyone who thinks they would do a grimdark time-travel RPG obviously has not even done cursory research on Mean Time nor indeed for the passionate desire for Brian Fargo and his merry crew to avoid excessively serious games (at least, when in control of the design).

And anyone who thinks time-travel recruiting sounds dumb has obviously never seen a Bill & Ted, Time Bandits, or Adventures of Baron Munchhausen. Well mostly the first two.

Why the fuck is this the first time I have ever heard of this game
Escape From Hell is probably the most underrated CRPG ever. I say because Dark Heart of Uukrul has had something of an underground renaissance but Escape From Hell is still basically ignored as "light" even though it is so damn fun it hurts.

Yep, it's Bard's Tale
Um, it is obviously going to be the Stonekeep reboot for which we have all clamored endlessly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom