Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Codex UT Slaughterfest (CUTS) Official Bet Thread

DraQ

Arcane
Have you at least recorded a demo this time or are vidyas the only thing we have again?

I asked a shitton of times for people to tell me how to record a video and noone responded. Googling "how to record UT replay" just gave a bunch of links to people saying "use FRAPS". So this is all you get.

Maybe you should volunteer to record the next time :P
Oh, FFS:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UT_Console#These_only_work_on_the_local_machine
DEMOPLAY <filename> [?noframecap] [?timebased] [?3rdperson]
Play a recorded demo. Example: demoplay mydemo?3rdperson?timebased​
  • ?noframecap plays the demo back as fast as possible. This option is assumed if timedemo 1 is enabled.
  • ?timebased gives a smoother playback if the playback machine is significantly slower than the recording machine.
  • ?3rdperson lets you fly around a first person demo as a spectator. It also allows veiwing the demo from any bot's/player's perspective in the demo.
DEMOREC <filename>
Record a demo to <filename>.​

Also, demo should optimally be recorded by server.

BBMorti

Arcane
Don't for get me now. I too want on the list of potential gambling addicts.

Your bet didn't come in until the match was well underway though. I figured it was probably invalid.
The score was 1-0 for DU when I made my bet. It was posted a few minutes after yours, if mine is invalid, so is yours. To preserve @Scrooges edge, we might want to make it so. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If you had told me that 6 hours ago, I would've recorded no prob :M

The score was 1-0 for DU when I made my bet. It was posted a few minutes after yours, if mine is invalid, so is yours. To preserve @Scrooges edge, we might want to make it so. :smug:

I made mine during the loading screen. :M
(Actually I made it stream chat during the Sensuki vs DU match)
And like I said to lucky, "a few minutes" is quite a lot in a deathmatch. Guess it's up to DU to decide.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wow, it was actually a streak of four impact hammer kills, not three, that wasn't recorded :negative:

DraQ

Arcane
Ulminati
Besides:
This thread:
Shamefur Dispray said:

However, did anyone care to record a demo?
I would love to see this match serial execution the pro(s)per way.

Nope. Checked bruts channel. But he hasn't set twitch to autoarchive. The recordings are lost to the ether now. Only the memory of Crispys cowardice and immense faggotry remains.
Eh, kids these days and their newfangled streaming and nootoobs.

I meant recording demo like it was done in an elegant manner in the more civilized age:
  1. "demorec shamefur.dem"
  2. upload shamefur.dem to them interwebs
  3. "demoplay shamefur.dem" in UT for dispray.
:obviously:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm sure you'll remind me next time DraQ

I only asked about 50 times in shoutbox plus twice in stream chat before the ctf lava giant match

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Starting at 38985.
+38985 for Tags winning
+38985 for You beating Andy
+116955 from Sensuki beating you
+194925 fists for you beating Night goat

Should total 389850 additional fists for me
:incline:

Account Status for Jewlminati:
Brofists Received: 38,995

Dear customer at Codex Financial Partners,

As reflected in the account statement above, your brofist trading account is currently credited with only 38,995 fists. If you have gains due to a transaction, please give your account five business days for the transaction to settle to before reallocating your recent winnings to future bets. Our records show that you have a pending transaction for +38,9995 fists and three declined transactions for exceeding your current account balance.

In future, if you should wish to place more bids before the settlement date of a certain previous transaction, please review our options to purchase bets on margin credit, which would entail filling out an application for bro-credit, having your bro-credit history reviewed and the application approved by a certified loan officer, and then paying very reasonable rates of interest.

Thank you for choosing Codex Financial for all your speculative needs.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Gobblecock

If you look at the bets and their timestamps (which I've been nice enough to quote in the summary), each of the subsequent bets were made after the conditions of the previous bet were met. I explicitly bet my winnings from the previous bets. There is precedence in the previous UT matches for people betting brofists that were held in escrow at the time of the betting.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
when I was betting, it was under the assumption that there would be no no-shows.
I demand that either my bet be invalidated, or that the no-shows be punished.

Last edited:

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Okay, if DU acknowledged your gains in-game as they occurred, then I suppose you do have a point. However, if he has yet to acknowledge any of those gains, then the first transaction hasn't even been processed yet and therefore you didn't really have any winnings in escrow at the time that you placed the additional bets. The first transaction hasn't even cleared!

I'll leave it to others to puzzle it out. I just wanted to throw a monkey wrench in things for the sake of getting my bet wrong in your tally. Hmph, -1475 brofists indeed!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'll leave it to others to puzzle it out. I just wanted to throw a monkey wrench in things for the sake of getting my bet wrong in your tally. Hmph, -1475 brofists indeed!

That was corrected before you even saw it though. Clearly we need to settle this like gentlemen. I'm not much for UT myself, but I can grab a PC copy of Ultra Street Fighter 4 if you want a taste of my Juri.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
That was corrected before you even saw it though. Clearly we need to settle this like gentlemen. I'm not much for UT myself, but I can grab a PC copy of Street Fighter 4 if you want a taste of my Juri.

So you would quarrel over a matter of finance like a usurious rapscallion, would you? God damn and blast your bulging eyes and your hooked nose, sir!

Since you have demanded satisfaction, it is I who must choose the weapons and the time. I challenge you to a Chubby Bunny duel a fortnight hence. Marshmallows at midnight!

Bring a reliable second, in case you should collapse from asphyxiation, sir.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I accept your terms. Show up on my doorstep next saturday and I'll see to it there is marshmallows and beer to wash them down afterwards.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Ulminati loses without even trying, I can speak better Danish with my mouth full of boiled potatoes than any Dane without them.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
you guys never even announced a time :lol:

well, never let anyone say the Codex is filled with honest people

laclongquan

Arcane
2000 My entire brofist pile on team of Dark Underlord. This is a win-win proposition here~
+/- 1980 fists for laclongquan. DU switched teams to make it 4v4. Not sure how to call it.

I note that if I had voted for the Dark Lord of Codexia I wouldnt have used the term "team of" and just straight on. This was for the *team* that DU was on at THAT moment.

So I request an increase of 1980 brofist to my account if you please~

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I also was spamming the group TS PM for people to show up, perhaps he opted out of or ignored it :ehue:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom