Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Destroid

Arcane
You could offer the source and let people compile it themselves :troll:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dammit I hate animating, but I have no money to outsource it. Still of the monster I'm working on now, a mud golem.

Y85dinI.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've done some progress on my adventure game engine.
I might share some pictures in the future.
I'd like to have a look at it. My sister and I have a pretty cool idea for a small adventure game. AGS or Unity3d can do the trick, but if we can find a better solution, that will be good.
would love to show it but I can't fraps it. anyone know of any "records whatever" software?

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'd like to have a look at it. My sister and I have a pretty cool idea for a small adventure game. AGS or Unity3d can do the trick, but if we can find a better solution, that will be good.
would love to show it but I can't fraps it. anyone know of any "records whatever" software?
Print Screen works for me most of the time when I can't fraps shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
but I wanna record a video so I can show how well I've animated 32x32, 4-5 color sprites by copying the animation schemes of monkey island

edit: fine
liberals.jpg

the game is about a dude from the 90s and some other people from other places in time being teleported to medyval tymes castyl by some mad wiz (in this screenshot also showing a girl from the 80s and a girl from the future).
it's the ultimate clash of culture.
you must use brian and smarts to get out before its too late.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

but I wanna record a video so I can show how well I've animated 32x32, 4-5 color sprites by copying the animation schemes of monkey island

edit: fine
View attachment 1921

the game is about a dude from the 90s and some other people from other places in time being teleported to medyval tymes castyl by some mad wiz (in this screenshot also showing a girl from the 80s and a girl from the future).
it's the ultimate clash of culture.
you must use brian and smarts to get out before its too late.
Man, this looks good and suitable for my idea.
I'd like to tell you more about it, but it'll spoil all the fun. Of course, I can PM you and tell you about it, while trying not to spoil the main twist.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed I think Xfire has a FRAPS like feature.
Alright. OBS worked just fine though!

That looks pretty nice.
Well it's only a few hours work in total.
It's 320x180 resolution. That's smaller than classic DOS resolution. The background is a first draft but I'm happy about the characters and how they animate considering the amount of upscaling taking place.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Well it's only a few hours work in total.
It's 320x180 resolution. That's smaller than classic DOS resolution. The background is a first draft but I'm happy about the characters and how they animate considering the amount of upscaling taking place.
A few hours to make all this, engine included? Darn it. I've spent the whole day trying to code the health system, and only managed to implement the unfinished health and regeneration pattern, while wasted hours figuring out how to connect two different scripts in js.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I have been working on the maritime areas in my game lately. I initally wanted to have some "suburban/michigan civilian look" but it is very hard to pull off. So I went for a more "Waterworld-ian" look and feel, felt this is more appropriate.

Here is a picture of one work in progress "waterworld" area, and the music I made for it

sssw4jv9.png

And here is the music I thought for it: http://www2.zshares.net/056xebfmm4qg

Does it fit?

Destroid

Arcane
Would play a waterworldesque rpg on rusting hulks in the middle of the ocean with those graphics.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I have been working on the maritime areas in my game lately. I initally wanted to have some "suburban/michigan civilian look" but it is very hard to pull off. So I went for a more "Waterworld-ian" look and feel, felt this is more appropriate.

Here is a picture of one work in progress "waterworld" area, and the music I made for it

sssw4jv9.png

Does it fit?

What did you make the music with?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

sssw4jv9.png

Does it fit?

What did you make the music with?

Music is made all with Guitar Rig. Those sounds are me playing guitar, heh. If you want some help with graphics or sounds, just drop me a PM. :)

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Working on some Lo-Fi goblins to use as enemies in my shitty project.

5QQwvcb.png

They look better in-game than the main "protagonist".

C1JICYp.png

I really liked my goblin. Although still shitty, is way better than my previous attempts:

PHGzTPK.png
vs
5QQwvcb.png

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Surf Solar I'm just finishing up your piece. It sounds more appropriate to an underwater surface with sunken (war?)ships and whatnot than being above water on a pier, wharf, or what have you.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
R0lCKyD.png

My mud golem's animations came out looking cheesy as fuck. Needs some adjustments but I love this fucking thing. Walking around like a primordial Anti-Cleve, its titanic gait sending the character flying if you're dumb enough to get into stomp range and spitting a jet of mud from short distances.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom