Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexian GOTY 2019

Chose the one true ruller of 2019!

• Total voters

Prime Junta

Cat Quest 2 obv

Vatnik Wumao
Cat Quest 2 obv
Tctctctc i gave you friendly for the good taste and then i found out that you lied.....that one on me,forgot to never trust a commie.
He lied about his stellar taste by jokingly mentioning a different game, comrade. All is good.

rnymVME.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He lied about his stellar taste by jokingly mentioning a different game, comrade. All is good.
I was hoping that he decide to put his vote in to something else he enjoyed,but sadly he is just a komunist. Cat quest 2 is great,relaxing and fun rpg. Would recommend if people want something relaxing or have young kids.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was hoping that he decide to put his vote in to something else he enjoyed,but sadly he is just a komunist.
The kommunism of Disko is just the cherry on top of a great game for komrade Prime Junta. Old man has good taste, brate.
:lol: Istina,but it was surprise to me brate, i am going soft in my midage if ended up believing a komunists LoL. In my whole life experience i know one thing with certainty, laugh,drink,be marry and half joke about how you send each others to gulags if you get the power,but never trust a communist :). Also i too voted for disco lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh everyone says how shit the year was and how they haven't plated anything on the list. The fuck are you people doing on this forum??

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahhh everyone says how shit the year was and how they haven't plated anything on the list. The fuck are you people doing on this forum??
I only like Isometric RPGs. From what I saw there are three on the list (one of them being a rather small project), and I played the two big ones. DE was great, but Stygian was shit. The other games are blobbers or FP/TP games, so IDGAF about them. Not sure why that disqualifies me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I only like Isometric RPGs. From what I saw there are three on the list (one of them being a rather small project), and I played the two big ones. DE was great, but Stygian was shit. The other games are blobbers or FP/TP games, so IDGAF about them. Not sure why that disqualifies me.
Why do you think that it disqualifies you? I said that people that whine how they didn't play anything on the list are just a bunch of old larpers that don't play rpgs and should fuck off.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They're waiting for Wrath of the Righteous/Colony Ship/Cyberpunk/Realms Beyond.
So am i,doesn't mean i won't play any other games. Those games came throughout the year,so it is normal to check out at least a few of them out. I am not saying that you should played them all or liked them. But bragging on a RPG forum how you haven't played any of this year;s RPGs is retarded.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So am i,doesn't mean i won't play any other games. Those games came throughout the year,so it is normal to check out at least a few of them out. I am not saying that you should played them all or liked them. But bragging on a RPG forum how you haven't played any of this year;s RPGs is retarded.
Everything on the list is trash and many people on this forum claim to be a discerning bunch. :M

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I said that people that whine how they didn't play anything on the list are just a bunch of old larpers that don't play rpgs and should fuck off.

You do realize this is probably a majority here, right?
Don't think that they are the majority,just vocal and whiny. The same "majority" constantly spams how shit Disco is and how it is not even game or a RPG. And yet here we are with being the top choice by codexers.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, compared to the glorious 2018, which gave us: Atom RPG, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Kingdom Come: Deliverance, this year is quite inferior. With the single exception in Disco Elysium, ofcourse.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Everything on the list is trash and many people on this forum claim to be a discerning bunch. :M
I won't argue that it s a good RPG year,but not everything is trash. You sound like jaded old man at this point,it is not good judgement but prejudice and an excuse about the lack of interest. Nearly half the games in this list are alright in their own way.

Disco is great storyfaggotry game
Greedfall is fun open world game by spiders
Operencia is decent and relaxing blobber,a game from a dead genre
DruidStone is for mechanofags and from what i have seen some of those people enjoy it,fuck even the rad made a review for it.
catquest 2 is great fun and chill game,good if you have kids
Outward was decent exploration and walkingsim,some people really enjoyed it
Octopath seems to liked jrpg
Forged of Blood had really cool premise but it didn't deliver that well,still not a bad game.
legend of amberland is another good blobber,even if very simple and buggy
The surge2 a decent action rpg
A Legionary's Life also pretty decent game.

So don't give me that "muh everything is shit" excuse for people sperging about not playing any RPGs.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
I mean, I understand the dissapointment in Cainarsky. People expexlcted something brilliant but got something okayish. But the intensity... I thought that by this time the Codex should be used to getting only dissapointment from the great ones of old.

Look, if you wanna play a game about what asexual dangerhairs want from their dates, go right ahead.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mean, I understand the dissapointment in Cainarsky. People expexlcted something brilliant but got something okayish. But the intensity... I thought that by this time the Codex should be used to getting only dissapointment from the great ones of old.

Look, if you wanna play a game about what asexual dangerhairs want from their dates, go right ahead.

It's one quest. Non critical storywise, which you can easily avoid with a single line of dialogue. Really so much butthurt generated over that?

At least TOW has several nice looking ladies, even if they tend to have shorter hair. While I enjoyed Greedfall, it was really difficult to find a single lady easy on the eye on Teer Fradee.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Mate,have you played TOW??? Those great legends of old had delivered the most asexual tranny RPG of all times lol.

Vatnik Wumao
At least TOW has several nice looking ladies, even if they tend to have shorter hair. While I enjoyed Greedfall, it was really difficult to find a single lady easy on the eye on Teer Fradee.
If you want some sexy to go along with your poz, might as well pick a better franchise, comrade))
FNSzCh9.jpg

If CoNY is anything to go by, I am less pessimistic about the narrative design of VtMB2 in terms of poz. At least in comparison with TOW.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
They're waiting for Wrath of the Righteous/Colony Ship/Cyberpunk/Realms Beyond.

I doubt the majority of those waiting for Colony Ship, Realms Beyond and KotC 2 are waiting for Pathfinder 2 and Cyberpunk.
I know i'm not.

legend of amberland is another good blobber.

Buggy ?
You mean like pathfinder of everything else buggy ?
Or you mean you found one extremely minor bug not fixed yet.

I played it and except for a missing description or two, it was the less buggy game i played recently along with Urtuk.
The most enjoyable ones too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom