Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Control - supernatural third person action-adventure from Remedy

Master

Arbiter
Well i haven't played it, i just watched some youtube videos.
:troll:

But i doubt, just due to the nature of the setting, that you can do too much damage. Chirp some pillars, sure. Though you could do that since forever. But bore a hole to the next level?

What exactly can you do to the levels with those fancy powers? Nothing?

And the ai seemingly consist of office people and guards armed with punny pistols.
Yeah im talking out of my ass, but still this seems like total popamole trash.

Master

Arbiter
The only good thing would be slow bullet travel, which i read about but from the videos it seems like a blatant lie.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Debris isn't destruction, it's just a visual effect that kicks up dust and leaves a bumpmapped sprite into the wall.

orcinator

Liturgist
God damn the dialogue is painful to listen to.
Does it get better or worse? Because I might not even bother waiting to see how the gameplay goes if this shit persists.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
NU9jYp4.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does it get better or worse? Because I might not even bother waiting to see how the gameplay goes if this shit persists.
There is like 20 minutes of dialogue in the game,you could skip it with space.

Terenty

Liturgist
The game strangely feels like a watered down Prey. The art design, the plot, the atmosphere is quite similar to Prey only its a much more simple game in its mechanics and level design.

Cromwell

Arcane

I just entered the comms room where the hotline is about 1 hour? in. Dialogue is absolute shit sometimes, especially when you have to listen to her fucking thoughts about her fucking brother. The writer is not very good. i like the atmosphere but cant shake the feeling that 90% of everythign thats in there is "heavily inspired by" some other work. Every idea they put ion there regarding the world and atmosphere I have seen I have already seen elsewhere and better. Gameplay is the same as every other Action / Adventure or whatever, go from a to b enemies appear you shoot and then run behind cover (although youre not clued to it you just stand there) wait until bullet refill and shoot again. Of course there are mandatory upgrades to things.

You also get powers but I only have telekinesis and if the other powers I may get are as useless I wont bother and just shoot until something dies. I wouldnt call the game bad but its also not really exciting but I guess that depends on your standards. Will keep playing to see where it goes

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm 90 minutes in and it does feel pretty generic so far gameplay wise, but maybe it improves with more powers. I like that the areas seem somewhat open, if the map and reviews are anything to go by. I like that it seems to have a great PC version with a ton of options and good controls. I don't hate the writing like some of you, it seems to cryptic to really judge this early on. Barely anything makes sense, but by design. The environments are definitely detailed and well designed. Graphics on the whole are quite good, and that's with all ray tracing off. Main character's face is kind of weird looking though, not to sound like a polygon perv.

Decent singleplayer "AAA" games aren't exactly falling off trees in 2019 so we'll see how it goes.

Cromwell

Arcane
Played some more. not that bad, you can also make a game in the game out of it and everytime they introduce a concept of their world or a name or some such you can guess were these fuckers stole it from. Atmosphere is still decent but whoever wrote the maincharacter deserves death.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game strangely feels like a watered down Prey. The art design, the plot, the atmosphere is quite similar to Prey only its a much more simple game in its mechanics and level design.
Ahhh not really,more like focused on other things. It is very fast passed with good combat while prey was slow and with shit combat. To me it feels like mix of old doom,RE and prey. The dialogue writing is shit,the collectable on is pretty good,the world is also interesting yet limited by the engine/environment. And yeah the map is shit,i have to write down where there is a locked door or moss.

Modron

Arcane
Still better than Risen 3 with no option to turn off the rather severe bloom that made your eyes bleed. Downloaded a random vatnik's fix to disable that post haste.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The gameplay looks solid.
Although having to craft shit for weapon mods instead of just finding or buying them seems shit.
Also does the character upgrade system feel in any way redundant or unnecessary?

Piracy is right.

Not if the game is genuinely good, it's not.

PrettyDeadman

Wow, it's such a great game!
Remedy always makes great games. Can't wait to buy it on steam..

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a decent shooter so far. I'm just finding it so distracting how they've clearly gone out of their way to make all the characters flawed and unattractive. It's such an obvious design decision I'm finding it really off-putting.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I've been playing this for a few hours and I'm quite frankly surprised how it keeps my interest up. I have to take back my previous, unfounded criticism.

The whole structure of the game is a mix between Prey and Dark Souls, but more simplified. The Old House is thoughtfully designed, the combat is punchy, the characters are fun (sans Jesse), and the writing (digging in case files, research files, heck, even the Hotline) is compelling enough to sit through it. So far, so good. Definitely not popamole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom