Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Control - supernatural third person action-adventure from Remedy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Watched about 20 minutes of gameplay, it was full of pseudo-mysterious blabber and weird shit happening. I suppose it'll come together at some point, you just can't become too bored and annoyed to give up long before that. Which seems like a solid challenge.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here is a Cohh playing it,it looks pretty good.

Watched about 20 minutes of gameplay, it was full of pseudo-mysterious blabber and weird shit happening. I suppose it'll come together at some point, you just can't become too bored and annoyed to give up long before that. Which seems like a solid challenge.

Don't tell me you didn't get it. You play as the voice that guides the chick lol,didn't you noticed how she is speaking directly to you,the player. Also all that other world and how it is bigger than expected is most likely talking about the real world.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Soooo i played for an hour or two,the game is pretty good so far. The shooting feel between mix of nu resident evil and old school games like doom. Your movement is pretty fast while you need use aiming to shoot them,also there is no cover and it is strife focused. The negative parts are that the shots have travel distance and you have to aim a santimeter ahead of the enemy's head to hit him,and the enemy jiggers when taking damage that makes it harder to hit...you know it. The writing and the atmosphere is pretty good. Feels like old RE,for now you are just exploring one building and kill shit :). Also the game is very beautiful even on low setting is great,also is well optimized. There is ton of small options for gamers like left/right hand view etc etc. Would recommend trying it out.

Israfael

Arcane
Played this for 5 hours or so, don't get the complaints, the hero(ine) could be a tranny, a man, an attack helicopter or what moves your juices, Madame Director completely lacks personality so it's basically a walking placeholder, story is also unobtrusive (after first three cutscenes which happen in the first 25 minutes of the game). After that it's 100% gameplay. It starts slow but it's actually a gameplay oriented game from Remedy, who would have thought, lel. It's heavy on the GPU and is inferior to QB in regards with the lightning and VXGI, but I guess it's Nvidia's fault (because VXGI is already fast as compared to their RTX solutions). Still, runs smoothly, 70+ fps on my Vega at maxed out settings with MSAA on.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck i didn't expect this. The game is maybe the best shooter i have played in a few years. It really feels a lot like FEAR,most of the environment is destroyable. The game is pretty good so far,tho everyone is a fucking woman and could be annoying,still they don't bother you with any pushed sjw agenda...yet.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Remedy made a competent gameplay-driven game, in 2019?
Color me surprised, it looked like typical popamole with hours of cutscenes.

Still going to wait for steam release.

Skdursh

Savant
Epic DRM is even more easily broken than Steam is, so it's no surprise that this was cracked within an hour or two of release. Every single Epic game so far has been cracked within one or two days.

Master

Arbiter
Fuck i didn't expect this. The game is maybe the best shooter i have played in a few years. It really feels a lot like FEAR,most of the environment is destroyable. The game is pretty good so far,tho everyone is a fucking woman and could be annoying,still they don't bother you with any pushed sjw agenda...yet.
I don't see how it can be like FEAR... At all. The environment doesnt look that destructible. At least not like Red Faction. Does the debris still disapear after couple of seconds?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
ALan Wake may have better story but Control has better world, gameplay and level design.

Pope is my favorite character and very pretty indeed.

Control-7.jpg

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't see how it can be like FEAR... At all. The environment doesnt look that destructible. At least not like Red Faction. Does the debris still disapear after couple of seconds?
Playing F.E.A.R. right now, it isn't all that destructible outside of destructible barrels and once in a while destroying pipes that explode.

Master

Arbiter
I dont mean the destruction in Fear. I guess bullet time obviously and soldier type AI, both of which this game seems to lack. Btw, there is a mod for Max Payne 2 where concrete debris and hundreds of gunshells remain indefinately. But this game lacks even firearms with gunshells.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:
The fuck am i reading. This game have the best destruction just after red faction guerrilla. After you get a few abilities and the combat become...bigger the terrain end up as a fucking mess,everywhere bullet holes and ripped shit....and i am yet to get the rocket launcher upgrade. This game is seriously great shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom