Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Corven: Path of Redemption - reboot of cancelled Ultima IX fan game

Beast British

Novice
You guys are acting like teenage girls, or - may Allah forgive me - kiwifarms posters.
A source behind the usual bluff shitbaggery of the Lord British brand is a source.
You can either sit on your ass about things and wait for popcorn or dig for the truth behind the decades of lies and blame that has become a social contagion for prospective developers like this one.

Dude has some people with more money than sense snowed into believing he's living out of a suitcase in a motel somewhere, and so they want to give him more money.

I don't see what engagement photos of some boomer's new wife has to do with RPGs.

Well, if you followed how the dev went on hiatus, blaming a messy divorce and having to move, still living out of suitcases guys, totally, and then details come out that he basically used the KS like a stimmy check, the photo is entirely apropos to showing the backers how badly they've been lied to all this time.

This is just the cherry on top of FOUR YEARS of lies.
This exact same "drama" has occured with every failed Kickstarter I've followed (including Star Citizen). Pledges are not fulfilled, someone posts pics of the dev on holiday/at an expensive restaurant/having bought a new car etc. and then nothing happens, because there is practically zero recourse for people who donated to scamstarters. Nobody who follows these things is unaware the project has a history of failure, nor that Richard Garriot has very little credibility after SOTA etc. Kickstarter is shit, most projects are scams or run by cretins (modders) who couldn't even make an indie pixelshit shooter if their life depended on it, the end. No reason to be scouring the personal life of some alleged homewrecker like a bunch of gossiping hags.
Found Corv's alt on here. Who would give a shit this much to defend him?

Viata

Arcane
Kickstarter was shit and it was amazing we even got some few (a very small number) of good games out of that. On the other hand, it gave us some of the best dramas that not even modders can give.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I see. The reason why the game is going so slow is because he's been developing the redemption story IRL and has yet to get to the arc where he starts to redeem himself.
Kickstarter was shit and it was amazing we even got some few (a very small number) of good games out of that. On the other hand, it gave us some of the best dramas that not even modders can give.
For an industry parallel of this dude, David Allen and how he fucked up the Mordor 2/Infinite Worlds/Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan publishing deal with Interplay in the same way. Three titles, same game, the middle era of Infinite Worlds being when Interplay had communication problems with him, to put the problems briefly. He claimed Interplay management talked to him with less frequency than they talked with me.

The other industry parallel might be as the straight Max Phipps who ruined production of the Australian-themed Wizardry game... (the man who made Cleveland Mark Blakemore lose his sanity rediscover his Neanderthal superpowers.)

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
great thread, :avatard:/10 look forward to the inevitable drama-breakdown that lands it in ‘tard land

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I'm not a total hater of Corv. Let me explain. There is some Sigma Grindset here that works in some great funny. (Not the ex-wife part.)

If you were castigated from the Shroud of the Avatar community because those still faithful to Lord British were doing their keeping up appearances by burning the heretics, what better way to get back at them? Using their own cargo cult of personality icon against them? Taking their money to string them along in updates as empty as the single-player development for Shroud? Having them make the same excuses for your "development problems" as they once did for Richard Garriott?

Corv went from critic on Reddit to deleting all his posts and somehow cozying up to the same guy he was roasting for years. Imagine if I were to suddenly announce RG on anything I was involved with. Right? That's how hard he flipped from critic to collaborator.

All it took was Lord British's endorsement and the bait was ready to be bitten. It was bitten: the same people who once loathed Corv and what he wrote were now giving him money and hanging on his every word. Now they are defending HIS act like they once, and still, follow RG.

Corven was actually quite brilliant in that regard. Get Lord Dicked, nerds! (Again.) :lol:

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
It was a team of two or three people claiming to make a AA RPG that was basically a new Ultima in their fucking spare time and they gave money to that.

Anyone who lost anything deserved it at this point, and actually bought a life lesson.
People showered HBS with cash for that abortion of a game of trannies. Human beings are not smart or learning animals.

rojay

Scholar
Hey yall, you can buy is “broke” ass a $241 champagne bucket if you feel really sorry for him. I bet his pony is sick as well
https://m.blueprintregistry.com/reg...asper-wedding-registry-5-19-2024?gift=6524119
You know the impression I get every time you post here? It's that you're batshit crazy. He may very well be an asshole and he may have done you wrong but you need to put the wine glass down and sign up for some sort of online dating service and get laid.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
He should have asked for a new computer, graphics card, and big ass screen and said it was for making Corven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom