Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Corven: Path of Redemption - reboot of cancelled Ultima IX fan game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Perfect stereotype of a male midlife crisis. With an unusual autistic videogame modding twist.

Zionist Agent
CorvsEXQueen no offense, but wouldn't your time be spent more productively on self-improvement, or managing your finances, or finding yourself a new man, instead of complaining about your ex-husband on a forum populated by far-right anime scholars and ukrainian furries?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
CorvsEXQueen no offense, but wouldn't your time be spent more productively on self-improvement, or managing your finances, or finding yourself a new man, instead of complaining about your ex-husband on a forum populated by far-right anime scholars and ukrainian furries?

We're improving ; a woman is posting and nobody has asked if she had a penis.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Perfect stereotype of a male midlife crisis. With an unusual autistic videogame modding twist.

This is a slow-motion schoolbus running through a shit truck collision of midlife crisis. Holy fuck.

Edit: Morning, okay I see now. Whoops. I was gonna say, Corv was missing on a lot of that, especially the honesty part I was like "Wait until the new wife finds out..." :lol:

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
You guys are acting like teenage girls, or - may Allah forgive me - kiwifarms posters.
A source behind the usual bluff shitbaggery of the Lord British brand is a source.
You can either sit on your ass about things and wait for popcorn or dig for the truth behind the decades of lies and blame that has become a social contagion for prospective developers like this one.

Dude has some people with more money than sense snowed into believing he's living out of a suitcase in a motel somewhere, and so they want to give him more money. On one hand, watching those people is kinda funny as they throw money without researching, but these acts really do need to be put down before they keep eroding both general market trust and standards.

Zionist Agent
You guys are acting like teenage girls, or - may Allah forgive me - kiwifarms posters.
A source behind the usual bluff shitbaggery of the Lord British brand is a source.
You can either sit on your ass about things and wait for popcorn or dig for the truth behind the decades of lies and blame that has become a social contagion for prospective developers like this one.

Dude has some people with more money than sense snowed into believing he's living out of a suitcase in a motel somewhere, and so they want to give him more money.

I don't see what engagement photos of some boomer's new wife has to do with RPGs.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Dude has some people with more money than sense snowed into believing he's living out of a suitcase in a motel somewhere, and so they want to give him more money.

I don't see what engagement photos of some boomer's new wife has to do with RPGs.

Well, if you followed how the dev went on hiatus, blaming a messy divorce and having to move, still living out of suitcases guys, totally, and then details come out that he basically used the KS like a stimmy check, the photo is entirely apropos to showing the backers how badly they've been lied to all this time.

This is just the cherry on top of FOUR YEARS of lies.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It was a team of two or three people claiming to make a AA RPG that was basically a new Ultima in their fucking spare time and they gave money to that.

Anyone who lost anything deserved it at this point, and actually bought a life lesson.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think we've shared enough gossip ITT, but I will say it's particularly hard to imagine Corv's new girlboss wife letting him sit at home in his pajamas and make a video game.

Zionist Agent

Well, if you followed how the dev went on hiatus, blaming a messy divorce and having to move, still living out of suitcases guys, totally, and then details come out that he basically used the KS like a stimmy check, the photo is entirely apropos to showing the backers how badly they've been lied to all this time.

This is just the cherry on top of FOUR YEARS of lies.
This exact same "drama" has occured with every failed Kickstarter I've followed (including Star Citizen). Pledges are not fulfilled, someone posts pics of the dev on holiday/at an expensive restaurant/having bought a new car etc. and then nothing happens, because there is practically zero recourse for people who donated to scamstarters. Nobody who follows these things is unaware the project has a history of failure, nor that Richard Garriot has very little credibility after SOTA etc. Kickstarter is shit, most projects are scams or run by cretins (modders) who couldn't even make an indie pixelshit shooter if their life depended on it, the end. No reason to be scouring the personal life of some alleged homewrecker like a bunch of gossiping hags.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Get y’all’s money back! Demand an audit. Right a wrong.
lil bro thinks whole ass forum is her personal revenge army lmao.

Just be glad that the scoop hounds like infini are giving you attention to try and bait more RPGCodex exclusiveTM dirty laundry.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
This exact same "drama" has occured with every failed Kickstarter I've followed (including Star Citizen). Pledges are not fulfilled, someone posts pics of the dev on holiday/at an expensive restaurant/having bought a new car etc. and then nothing happens, because there is practically zero recourse for people who donated to scamstarters. Nobody who follows these things is unaware the project has a history of failure, nor that Richard Garriot has very little credibility after SOTA etc. Kickstarter is shit, most projects are scams or run by cretins (modders) who couldn't even make an indie pixelshit shooter if their life depended on it, the end. No reason to be scouring the personal life of some alleged homewrecker like a bunch of gossiping hags.

When (edit: lying about) the personal life was used as excuse for failure in development then it becomes part of development, too. It shows bad faith and makes a history of why to never trust their brand ever again. The moment you try to give a personal excuse to a publisher they will have brand preservation look into it as a liability assessment. There would be no "if they're lying about it" as you're responsible for upholding your part of the contract in good faith and dog ate your homework ain't gonna fucking cut it when it's your "full time job" as this supposedly was for Corv.

He chose to have the public be his publisher and so the public shall be; he isn't going to get away with that shit at Demiurge.
The thing was, up until someone brought up the info otherwise - even I was buying the whole act about how he needed to put his life back together. Now? Oh, I have the popcorn ready for when the backers find out and respond.

And if you think there isn't any repercussions then have fun playing Iron & Magic.
Or, as it would then become under Chris Spears and hiding some of the dev team so you don't smell the Starr Long/Todd Porter and others involved, Project Rise.

Last edited:

CorvsEXQueen

Literate
Get y’all’s money back! Demand an audit. Right a wrong.
lil bro thinks whole ass forum is her personal revenge army lmao.

Just be glad that the scoop hounds like infini are giving you attention to try and bait more RPGCodex exclusiveTM dirty laundry.
It’s there for the taking. Not what you want? Keep scrolling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom