Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cow Guru, I too have been banned.

Texas Red

Whiner
I went by the names of Mortyr, Ocean Blue and Wee Jas. All banned. Maybe you remember me?

I was anti-Bethesda and expressed my opinions quite frequently, like you did. One day I just logged in only to find out that two accounts were deleted. I made another one(Ocean Blue) but was banned yet again after 400 posts. I was never given a warning nor a reason.

I still lurk the ESF off topic forums. God, I loved that community. And I wonder just when Rosenphelia Godot will be banned.

Who else have been banned due to shady cirmcumstances?

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Ah, yes, I remember you. He Who Provides Planescape. Sorry to hear about the banning, though I can't say I'm surprised.
I'm still there, but not by the same name. However, as I've been posting Oblivion criticism again, I doubt this account will hang around for long either.

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:
Ah, yes, I remember you. He Who Provides Planescape. Sorry to hear about the banning, though I can't say I'm surprised.
I'm still there, but not by the same name. However, as I've been posting Oblivion criticism again, I doubt this account will hang around for long either.

The mods know your IP and will soon rebann you. I suggest changing it. But your mannerism may give you away anyway.

EDIT: I wonder who was the mode who banned an important member of the OT community. Hell knows I would be guilty.

But the mods are hired, Im sure of that. The same system some of the companies use. They hire people to become old members on forums and then, when everybody respects them, they start advertising the product of their company.

Consider how no mod there would never say anything negative about Oblivion. In fact, they praise it non stop. No scaling nor the hand-holding bothers them, nope. They love it, actually. Weird because mostly every other old school TES player hates Oblivion. But not the mods, no, they enjoy every feature of it.

Lumpy

Arcane
Hungry Dooner is secretly a Fallout fan and NMA member.

stargelman

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
The mods know your IP and will soon rebann you. I suggest changing it. But your mannerism may give you away anyway.

[...]

But the mods are hired, Im sure of that. The same system some of the companies use. They hire people to become old members on forums and then, when everybody respects them, they start advertising the product of their company.

Consider how no mod there would never say anything negative about Oblivion. In fact, they praise it non stop. No scaling nor the hand-holding bothers them, nope. They love it, actually. Weird because mostly every other old school TES player hates Oblivion. But not the mods, no, they enjoy every feature of it.
First of all, the mods can suspend people, but they can't actually ban you. Only admins can do so. So if you want to blame someone, try Pete and his gang.

Concerning the mods, they're not employees, but they do get all the games for free. You can assume though that Bethesda will select those fans as mods that they feel will not turn on them. You may also notice not all the mods comment on the game. It's save to assume there'd be a reason.

Don't ask me what the point of this post was, I'm wondering about that myself. Just thought I'd share my immense wisdom with you.

whatusername

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:

[...]

CONSPIRACY!!!!

The Walkin' Dude said:
Admiral jimbob said:

I have a dynamic IP. I first registered in 2003 as jimbob11, and they banned me for being underage, so I'm used to it.

First of all, the mods can suspend people, but they can't actually ban you. Only admins can do so. So if you want to blame someone, try Pete and his gang.

The mods suspend members intended for banning - until 2038 or so - then admins go over a day or two later and make the "suspensions" permanent.

Inziladun

Magister
I've been banned once. Made another account using the same name, except with an added 'II' at the end and never even been warned since then. :lol:

Still, i'm pretty much done with those forums. It's not fun having to watch where you step in fear of the banstick. And i've never really been involved with the community, most are just a bunch of emotional pricks.

Anyway, welcome to the RPGCodex if you're here to stay, The Walkin' Dude. One word of advice, always check links(at the bottom of your Internet Browser) before openining them. :)

Monica21

Scholar
Back in the day when I was a moderator, people got banned for actual reasons. (And back then, moderators could ban, but they couldn't IP ban. Maybe the equivalent of a suspension and banning now.) Lately, especially since hearing of the RPGCodex=I love Oblivion idiocy, and VD's message that "any mention of the Codex will be deleted" I'm pretty sure that's not the case anymore. I can't see any reason why Cow Guru would have been banned. His statements on the forum were no more inflammatory than mine, and I don't have a single warning. The same with The Walkin' Dude's posts. Unless they're all hurling insults at mods and admins through PMs, I just don't see it. What I do see is a lot of ridiculuous rules made that are outside the TOS, and a lot of moderators who used to have good heads on their shoulders, appear to defend Oblivion and Bethesda against anyone and everyone. Not being able to mention the Codex is stupid. Deleting the propaganda posters thread was stupid. I still wonder if anyone got a warning for posting something that was seemingly within the rules, because if not, it's obvious bullshit.

Anyway, not sure what my point is, but the devs think they made a great game ("the stuff that's good is so good that the bad seems worse in comparison" comment I got from a dev) that they seem to be willing to do anything to keep negative comments off the forum. And really, it's their forum, they can do whatever they like. It's not like the First Amendment applies there. So, who knows? If you don't like Oblivion and post that you don't like Oblivion, maybe you'll find your account banned one day and maybe you won't.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
The Walkin' Dude said:
I went by the names of Mortyr, Ocean Blue and Wee Jas. All banned. Maybe you remember me?

Ack. I have a doppelganger! Let the mistaken identities commence!

Monolith

Prophet
The Walkin' Dude said:
Admiral jimbob said:

EDIT: I wonder who was the mode who banned an important member of the OT community. Hell knows I would be guilty.

Perhaps they just like Pete's dick between their buttocks? You can never know... :?

stargelman

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
The mods suspend members intended for banning - until 2038 or so - then admins go over a day or two later and make the "suspensions" permanent.
What can I say, I'm a nitpicker.

BTW, Cow Guru hasn't been banned (yet) it seems. Suspended? If that's true, when and why? I saw him post just the other day. Maybe I should inquire.

Monica21

Scholar
stargelman said:

BTW, Cow Guru hasn't been banned (yet) it seems. Suspended? If that's true, when and why? I saw him post just the other day. Maybe I should inquire.
His last post on the ESF was September 6th. He posted here on September 6th that he'd been banned.

Texas Red

Whiner
Walkin' Dude said:
The Walkin' Dude said:

Ack. I have a doppelganger! Let the mistaken identities commence!

Did you get the nick idea from Stephen King's Randall Flagg character?

stargelman said:
Admiral jimbob said:

I was suspended on September 6th until March 2007 - as I was at 75% warning (and the reasons for THOSE were hardly great), I'm assuming it's a ban. :shrug:

Texas Red

Whiner
Monica21 said:
Unless they're all hurling insults at mods and admins through PMs, I just don't see it.

Wait, so what youre saying is that moderators freely check the PMs of the members? The word "PRIVATE message" should mean that its private. Or am I mistaken something?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I got a 25% warning and a suspension from Freddo when Oblivion was released for a simple "you are not very bright, are you?" comment. Here is my PM conversation with the fucker:

Freddo said:
VDweller said:
Freddo said:
VDweller said:
I'd like to inquire why I received a warning and was suspended. My comment wasn't a direct insult, it was more of a general observation. Few posts later another poster called the same guy I was arguing with dumb. As far as I can tell he wasn't suspended and continued the discussion. So, why was I singled out?
It was a flamebait. Same thing really. And you weren't singled out, and he didn't continue the discussion.
I meant his account wasn't suspended. See for yourself:
link
He made posts on 16th and 17th.
If you look thru his posts you will see a 30 hour gap between the posts. (I got a week suspension, if I recall correctly - VD)

VDweller said:
Freddo said:
VDweller said:
Also, I have seen many threads where I and other members of RPG Codex were insulted in a variety of ways, and I never saw moderators doing anything about it. Is moderation here one-sided?

Anyway, I would appreciate an explanation. Alternatively, you can remove the generous warning that you gave me for no reason.
This forum is quite active and a lot of things are missed. Fortunally, people use the report button, but things are still missed. So if you see something you feel are wrongdoings, use the report button cause that's what it's for.
It's surprising that all those 200+ anti-Codex threads never get mods' attention. Then again, maybe not. (no response - VD)

The Walkin' Dude said:
Monica21 said:
Unless they're all hurling insults at mods and admins through PMs, I just don't see it.

Wait, so what youre saying is that moderators freely check the PMs of the members? The word "PRIVATE message" should mean that its private. Or am I mistaken something?

No, they can't check them as far as I know... I administatorate an Invision forum, and to check their messages, you'd have to log in as them. I think she meant, say, sending "LOL UR VOICE HUSSENT BORKEN AN U GOTS NO PUBES" messages to Todd.

Texas Red

Whiner
As far as I know, the moderators there will never EVER remove a warning. No matter how many reason you give away that proove 100% that you are innocent, they will not remove it.

And of course they have that stupid policy against discussing warnings. And if anyone would want to notify to the public that Cow Guru was banned, the thread would be deleted because you cant, of course, discuss banned members.

Micmu

Magister
OMG I'VE BEEN EXILED FROM BRITNEYSPEARS DOT COM BY THAT CRAZY BITCH CALLED WINTER!!!!

I SHALL REPORT THIS INJUSTICE TO RPG CODEX IMMEDIATELY!!!1

The Walkin' Dude said:
As far as I know, the moderators there will never EVER remove a warning. No matter how many reason you give away that proove 100% that you are innocent, they will not remove it.

Indeed. I PMed Archie when she gave me a warning, argued with her for a bit, and eventually proved that I didn't do what she warned me for.
She stopped responding.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Seems like I'm in pretty good company -- since my account has been banned for no apparant reason other than that I'm a Codexer. I've certainly never received a warning, despite my various vituperations against Todd and the pile of dreck that is Oblivion.

There are a dozen ways around the ban but -- shrug -- frankly I no longer give a shit about Bethesda, the ES series, the bunch of tossers that moderate the forums, or the fuckwits that masturbate themselves blind over the 'oh so pretty graphics'.

Texas Red

Whiner
Maybe somebody with an account can post this in the off topic to see what responces we will get. As far as I know it doesnt go against any rules.

Inziladun

Magister
The Walkin' Dude said:
Maybe somebody with an account can post this in the off topic to see what responces we will get. As far as I know it doesnt go against any rules.

It's against the 'rules' to talk about banned members.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom