Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cow Guru, I too have been banned.

Texas Red

Whiner
Inziladun said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
Maybe somebody with an account can post this in the off topic to see what responces we will get. As far as I know it doesnt go against any rules.

It's against the 'rules' to talk about banned members.

Were talking about the moderators and how they handle the forums.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Admiral jimbob said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Ah, yes, I remember you. He Who Provides Planescape. Sorry to hear about the banning, though I can't say I'm surprised.
I'm still there, but not by the same name. However, as I've been posting Oblivion criticism again, I doubt this account will hang around for long either.

The mods know your IP and will soon rebann you. I suggest changing it. But your mannerism may give you away anyway.

I have a dynamic IP. I first registered in 2003 as jimbob11, and they banned me for being underage, so I'm used to it.

Wanna get together sometime?

?

Novice
I think I was IP-banned for inactiveness and/or lacking of the summer-dick-licking ability, long time ago.
There's no words needed for the 'people' in that community, they're like a breed between brainwashed fanatical kids and enthusiastic alien worshippers controlled by the media, they just can't help it.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Why the fuck do you guys keep getting banned? I've been there for 2 years and haven't even got a warning.

Besides which, oh well, who cares? There are better (and less retarded) communities out there.

Monica21

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
Wait, so what youre saying is that moderators freely check the PMs of the members? The word "PRIVATE message" should mean that its private. Or am I mistaken something?
I don't know if they freely check them, but they probably can. If a user is reporting abuse from another user, then the admins (I think the admins only have access like that) need to check the PMs. I don't know that they randomly check other users' PMs though. I certainly hope they have better things to do.

And yeah, I was referring to something like Cow Guru arguing and with a mod or admin, not just insulting them to another poster.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Were talking about the moderators and how they handle the forums.
I'm pretty sure a thread like that would get locked too. With a message that "questions like this should be addressed to staff" or something.

Anyway, enough about the ESF.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
whitemithrandir said:
Why the fuck do you guys keep getting banned? I've been there for 2 years and haven't even got a warning.

Besides which, oh well, who cares? There are better (and less retarded) communities out there.

I'm part of several good communities, but that's probably the biggest forum I've found that isn't anime or religious, and where the people share interests remotely like my own.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
whitemithrandir said:

I'm part of several good communities, but that's probably the biggest forum I've found that isn't anime or religious, and where the people share interests remotely like my own.

Try the relic forums or the obsidian forums. That's where I spend a lot of my online time.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Strangely I never got any warning, and I
- promoted Gothic
- ridiculed Oblivion
- lamented the lack of intelligence in the community
- reported posts for offensive stupidity
- sent provocative PMs to mods

Texas Red

Whiner
Admiral jimbob said:

Hmmm, well he did register on the 7th September and only frequents the OT. It would be quite odd if somebody decided to join the ESF only because of the OT. Probably another banned user then, if its not you.

Thats why when you reregister on ESF, you need to spamm a couple of dozens posts in to the Oblivion section, so the moderators wouldnt get suspicious.

The Walkin' Dude said:
Admiral jimbob said:

Hmmm, well he did register on the 7th September and only frequents the OT. It would be quite odd if somebody decided to join the ESF only because of the OT. Probably another banned user then, if its not you.

Thats why when you reregister on ESF, you need to spamm a couple of dozens posts in to the Oblivion section, so the moderators wouldnt get suspicious.

I looked, and he's posted a couple of times in the Oblivion section... mainly sarcasm, though.

Monica21

Scholar
I'm quite sure that the mods and admins read these forums, so it would be pretty stupid for Cow Guru to announce his new username here. Asking him privately would be the best thing if you really, REALLY need to know his new username.

Frankie

Novice
I've gotten 2 warnings for "Trolling". They watch me, I'm sure of it. When they think they have enough to make it stick, I got my warnings.

Yet you can be a Bethesda/Oblivion Butt Kisser and say whatever you want and nothing happens. I'm going to play nice, as I want to still be there if Bethesda goes down the drain and closes shop..... just to say "I Told You So"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Walkin' Dude said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
I went by the names of Mortyr, Ocean Blue and Wee Jas. All banned. Maybe you remember me?
Ack. I have a doppelganger! Let the mistaken identities commence!
And here I was about to ask why you registered a second account over here as I was pretty sure you were talking about ESF banning you and not us.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
Walkin' Dude said:
The Walkin' Dude said:
I went by the names of Mortyr, Ocean Blue and Wee Jas. All banned. Maybe you remember me?
Ack. I have a doppelganger! Let the mistaken identities commence!
And here I was about to ask why you registered a second account over here as I was pretty sure you were talking about ESF banning you and not us.

Different Walkin' Dude. Very confusing when I first see his posts, or see him quoted, because it's stuff I did not write. Worse than using someone else's avatar, I think.

And yes, my name comes from the Stephen King character, to answer your question WD#2.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I have a serious question. If I were to say flip out and totally ban everyone who brought up the ESF here because it's super duper annoying to everyone else, what forum would you guys meet up at to complain about me? I'm guessing GameFAQs.com.

Saint_Proverbius said:
I have a serious question. If I were to say flip out and totally ban everyone who brought up the ESF here because it's super duper annoying to everyone else, what forum would you guys meet up at to complain about me? I'm guessing GameFAQs.com.

ESF. We'd all turn back into Toddlings. You don't want that on your conscience, do you?

Darkflame

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:

I was anti-Bethesda and expressed my opinions quite frequently, like you did. One day I just logged in only to find out that two accounts were deleted. I made another one(Ocean Blue) but was banned yet again after 400 posts. I was never given a warning nor a reason.

I still lurk the ESF off topic forums. God, I loved that community. And I wonder just when Rosenphelia Godot will be banned.

Who else have been banned due to shady cirmcumstances?

I remember you Wee Jas!

I've been banned from there under extremely shady circumstances; basically I went on there to advertise my mod, and the next thing you know, instant ban. I guess they didn't like my mod.

Been creating new accounts over the years whenever I feel like saying something, but they usually get banned on sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom