Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cow Guru, I too have been banned.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
All ex-ESF people should go join the GrimoireSystems forum.
Because that's where it's all at, man.

Iasi, Romania?... Postcount: bigger then yours
Screw ESF, the only good posts in the forum are those burried under a mountain pile of spam posts and icecream emoticons, the forum moderation is biased and birocratic, the majority of members are console kiddies declaring themselves has hardcore players and the only way to actualy say your opinion without being jumped is through PMs

BTW:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Jun 14 2006, 01:10 PM.

It hasn't ended...

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Shagnak said:
All ex-ESF people should go join the GrimoireSystems forum.
Because that's where it's all at, man.
Cleve Blakemore said:
I just made a final delivery for another product I was working on, leaving me some time to get back on Grimoire right now.

Donald, I have done the math and I am convinced that if I buckle down and finish the game before the end of this year - and everybody in the Western World buys at least three copies of Grimoire for each member of their immediate family, I will enjoy a healthy return in benefits and can look forward to dying a penniless bum in a flophouse for bankrupts ... which is a huge positive scenario compared to the alternative.

Honestly, I don't expect to reap anything from Grimoire other than the rich satisfaction of completing it and releasing it, which is likely a priceless accomplishment. It will certainly warm my heart when I am standing in the soup line in a barrel with straps over my shoulders. I'll tell everyone in line with me, "You realize, fellas, I'm a well known game developer on the internet, practically famous ... I also have superhuman strength!" as somebody spoons a dollop of gray featureless gruel onto my tin. Then I'll take my place in the alleyway amongst the rats, filth, disease, garbage and a handful of Canadians.
http://www.grimoiresystems.com/phpBB/vi ... 2d2eefc37c

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
dongle said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Yes, but we all know about YOUR mod. Leading the community on with a complete hoax for several years is, although admittedly hilarious, not really "on".
What mod was this again?

Morrowind Expanded.

As for my banning... I have a dynamic IP, so it's different every time. :s S'weerd.
Though, to be honest, I really don't give a shit anymore.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think we're spending too much time over there. I've been busy dropping Codex references on the board, and I've seen others do the same.

Still no warnings. Twice I even plainly mentioned the Codex and neither post has been deleted yet. The moderators are getting lazy or what?

Claw said:
I think we're spending too much time over there. I've been busy dropping Codex references on the board, and I've seen others do the same.

Still no warnings. Twice I even plainly mentioned the Codex and neither post has been deleted yet. The moderators are getting lazy or what?

Are you the one who said "Codex prevails, brethren"? That made me feel like a member of an Illuminati-style secret society.

Lumpy

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
dongle said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Yes, but we all know about YOUR mod. Leading the community on with a complete hoax for several years is, although admittedly hilarious, not really "on".
What mod was this again?

Morrowind Expanded.

As for my banning... I have a dynamic IP, so it's different every time. :s S'weerd.
Wasn't Morrowind Expanded the mod made by one person which was supposed to add more that the original Morrowind?

Lumpy said:
Admiral jimbob said:
dongle said:
Admiral jimbob said:
What mod was this again?

Morrowind Expanded.

Wasn't Morrowind Expanded the mod made by one person which was supposed to add more that the original Morrowind?

Yes. He never started it and led us on that it was "nearly released" for two years. His "final release" of it was send by CD to Puma Man, but it was surprisingly lost in the post.

Mangler

Novice
I'm working on a way to get our messages thru, but I need some info:

#1. Can raw HTML links be posted without mangling :wink: ?

#2. If raw HTML links are no good, what other options does this board allow?

I'm trying to register but it won't send an email... (stupid TES forum)

This tool will be easy to use, and work in 100% of standards compliant browsers.

(IE: not IE ) :roll:

Mangler

Novice
<A HREF="javascript:alert(unescape('%50%49%50%42%6F%79%20%52%6F%63%6B%73%21'))">The Word.</A>

<A HREF="javascript:alert(unescape('%52%50%47%43%6F%64%65%78%2E%63%6F%6D'))">The Link.</A>

Tell me if these work. BUT DON'T put them on the TES forums.

yet...(I'm making a tool sooner or later, although someone else could once they get the idea)

The Code:
Code:
<A HREF="javascript:alert(unescape('%52%50%47%43%6F%64%65%78%2E%63%6F%6D'))">The Link.</A>

Lumpy

Arcane
Mangler, don't be ridiculous. Get through what messages?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
It depends. Typing "elder scrolls.com" in the address bar takes you to the ES site correctly, but "rpg codex.com" takes you to... um... this.

That's because when you just type in words, it does an internet search for those words and dumps you at the most likely site for those matches.

DUH!

Lumpy

Arcane
In firefox, typing a non-url text in the address bar "I'm feeling lucky"s it with Google.

Lumpy

Arcane
Niektory said:
Oh, I thought the "the" was redundant, but I may be wrong.
Since the series is referred to as both "The Elder Scrolls" and "Elder Scrolls", "the TES forums" is correct.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
baby arm said:
And The Walkin' Dude needs to give Walkin' Dude his name back.

Yeah, seriously. Change your name. I was here first.

I thought when you realized there was already someone here by that name you would change it, but clearly you have no understanding of social conventions.

Calling yourself The Walkin' Dude is annoying and confusing. It would be as bad as calling myself The Vault Dweller, The baby arm, or The Kingcomrade.

Feel free to call yourself The Volourn if you would like.

Xi

Arcane
ESF was great during Morrowind's Development. Everyone was very open minded and willing to disscuss things with the intent of bettering their own understanding and appriciation of RPG mechanics. Basically, a lot of the discussions were from long time Daggerfall fans who could appriciate the RPG that was ES, and because of that there were a LOT of good posters. In a lot of ways it reminded me of the Codex. Seriously.

I have lurked that forum since it origionally opened in the year 2000. I've met practically every worthy member and had plenty of healthy debates with them. The general consensus of most long time fans is the lack of community after Morrowind's release. Once Bethesda released ES for a console that entire crowd started migrating in and destroying every last shread of decency that was left.

Maybe releasing ES for a console made bethesda a grip of money, but it also corrupted a great series. That whole money corrupts thing couldn't be any closer to the truth. It has ruined a once great series. ES is just a cash cow that panders to idiots anymore. Had they never released Morrowind for the Xbox, I believe that Oblivion would have been a better game with much deeper RPG mechanics. Instead it seems like the marketing department and the publishers spent too much time at the design table trying to figure out the correct formula to steal Xbox dollars from the console kiddies.

I really hope that they readjust there approach for FO3 and the next ES title. If they do not, they just further destroy the hardcore following that has allowed them to get where they are today. It was our word of mouth that brought them this success and it will be our word of mouth that will tarnish them.

Oh, I have also been banned before. Mostly for my own stupidity but it still ticked me off. Youd think they would let a long time member slip once with just a warning, but instead I was banned as well. I did however manage to undo my banning but the emails that were exchanged proved to me that there was simply nothing left to salvage. It's over. RIP.

Mangler

Novice
Ahh, well no raw HTML makes it harder...nothing is impossible.

Darn, I get the registration email and my email program dies...

I figure I'll be able to inject some JavaScript into my posts to either rewrite the DOM on the fly (and bypass EVERYTHING) or some kinda 'click this' to see the REAL post mini-pop up (and a bookmarklet tool to create them and insert them into posts)

I'd give these tools freely to whoever wants it.

I do however NEED to test this first on TES forums.

<A HREF="javascript: window.location=(unescape('%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%77%77%77%2E%72%70%67%63%6F%64%65%78%2E%63%6F%6D'))">A Link</A>

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great, I managed a 2-day suspension because I said someone was "probably too dumb" - well, at least that'll help resist my urge to post silly provocative message on TESF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom