Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crash Bandicoot

Lemming42

Arcane
The High Road
Ahaha, I love that one. As a kid I played it so much that I can still do all the jumps perfectly by muscle memory. Same for Hog Wild, the exact moment you have to veer to the left to avoid that tribal asshole is burned into my memory.

Beans00

Erudite
Eh, the second video shits on Doom 1993 and said its conventions have been abandoned (implying it's for good reason) and says it is not worth playing today. Delete that shit. The first vid is solid though. :obviously:

Anyways, you say you will never understand? Bro, nintentards controlling the narrative of the internet, especially those that got their start with the somewhat declined N64 and never bothered to explore other gaming machines/PC. They're very numerous and vocal in mainstream domains. Same incredibly dumb shit that resulted in Chrono Trigger being labelled the best JRPG (or just RPG period), or the lie that Goldeneye was a "revolutionary" shooter and not horrid jank and massive drop in standards compared to most shooters of the time.

Dude these are games designed for little kids, are you actually developmentally delayed or something?
Go away you creepy little weirdo. These are games from my childhood. Neck yourself you worthless little cunt. Imagine spending your days obsessing over a random person on the internet because they managed to make you feel that inferior and insignificant. Seek help.

Judging by your posts I'm fairly certain we're roughly the same age(I'm born in 92). The difference is now I have a wife, kids, job and shit. I don't spend my days sperging out over games designed for literal toddlers from the mid 90's. Also I don't spend my days being a failed modder and being usurped by more competent people.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, the second video shits on Doom 1993 and said its conventions have been abandoned (implying it's for good reason) and says it is not worth playing today. Delete that shit. The first vid is solid though. :obviously:

Anyways, you say you will never understand? Bro, nintentards controlling the narrative of the internet, especially those that got their start with the somewhat declined N64 and never bothered to explore other gaming machines/PC. They're very numerous and vocal in mainstream domains. Same incredibly dumb shit that resulted in Chrono Trigger being labelled the best JRPG (or just RPG period), or the lie that Goldeneye was a "revolutionary" shooter and not horrid jank and massive drop in standards compared to most shooters of the time.

Dude these are games designed for little kids, are you actually developmentally delayed or something?
Go away you creepy little weirdo. These are games from my childhood. Neck yourself you worthless little cunt. Imagine spending your days obsessing over a random person on the internet because they managed to make you feel that inferior and insignificant. Seek help.

Judging by your posts I'm fairly certain we're roughly the same age(I'm born in 92). The difference is now I have a wife, kids, job and shit. I don't spend my days sperging out over games designed for literal toddlers from the mid 90's. Also I don't spend my days being a failed modder and being usurped by more competent people.

Also trying to pick fights and shit on random games again in a totally unrelated context. That is his speciality.

Lemming42

Arcane

Loved this as a kid. Still sounds futuristic today somehow.

Also:

The bit from 00:13 to 00:31 was my ringtone on my first proper mobile phone. Used to really piss everyone off, especially since it was a really shitty fuzzy low-quality recording that played way too loud.

Ash

Arcane
Also trying to pick fights and shit on random games again in a totally unrelated context. That is his speciality.

1) The OP himself mentioned Spyro. Pay attention. And there wasn't any fight happening in this thread, just a friendly disagreement.
2) Spyro and Crash are rival games. Most discussions on the net will always at least have a mention of the other.
3) shitting on mediocre or overrated games (when it is relevant, sometimes maybe when it's not. And?) is indeed my specialty. And I will always recommend better games in their stead while I do so. SEETHE some more because you like such retard-tier games.

Maybe if you had good intentions when you entered the discussion instead of being here to suck off beans and "teach me a lesson" because you're a compensating manlet?

As for beans. HAHAHAHA there is no way someone that dedicates their days to stalking random strangers on gaming forums is married with kids. fuck off you absolute loser stain on society.

Last edited:

Beans00

Erudite

1) The OP himself mentioned Spyro. Pay attention.
2) Spyro and Crash are rival games. Most discussions on the net will always at least have a mention of the other.
3) shitting on mediocre or overrated games (when it is relevant, sometimes maybe when it's not. And?) is indeed my specialty. SEETHE some more because you like such retard-tier games.

Maybe if you had good intentions when you entered the discussion instead of being here to suck off beans and "teach me a lesson" because you're a compensating manlet?

As for beans. HAHAHAHA there is no way someone that dedicates their days to stalking random strangers on gaming forums is married with kids. fuck off you absolute loser stain on society.

Tacgnol can confirm, pretty sure he's heard my wife yell at me and I periodically get my daughters to trash talk people in voice chat as a joke(I don't put them in call just on the mic).

I'm also 6,2 so not exactly a manlet, which you admitted you are in another thread?

Lemming42

Arcane
Not to backseat mod, but can't you all harass Ash over PM instead? I know forum drama is funny but come on, it's a Crash Bandicoot thread, it's what the world's been waiting for, you can't derail the CrashChat like this.

Thread tax:
Spyro and Crash are rival games. Most discussions on the net will always at least have a mention of the other.
I always wondered how this rivalry came about. They are superficially similar in that they're both hugely popular PS1 platformers with cute brightly coloured mascots, but the games themselves couldn't be more different. Always felt like a slightly manufactured rivalry to me, the two series have way more dividing them than they do in common.

At school I wound up firmly in the Crash camp because my friend was a Spyro fan and it was fun to trash each other's preferences, but my heart wasn't really in it and neither was hers, and both of us actually liked both series. It was, in many ways, our personal Vietnam War, but objectively far more harrowing. See also: Oasis vs Blur (absolutely nothing in common), Spice Girls vs Destiny's Child, and all the other weird rivalries of 90s pop culture.

Ash

Arcane
Tacgnol can confirm, pretty sure he's heard my wife yell at me and I periodically get my daughters to trash talk people in voice chat as a joke(I don't put them in call just on the mic).

I'm also 6,2 so not exactly a manlet, which you admitted you are in another thread?

Ah so your wife is an ugly whale whom you neglect to stalk randoms that made you butthurt on gaming forums while she takes care of the kids, whom you also neglect. Go take care of your family, degen. Am I getting close?

I will not apologize to you for calling you a retard (thoroughly deserved) and speaking facts as always, so just give up your obsession with me.

I always wondered how this rivalry came about. They are superficially similar in that they're both hugely popular PS1 platformers with cute brightly coloured mascots,

That's all it is. They are the two most popular PS1 3D platformers. And one is a vastly better game than the other. There's plenty reason this happens in the same way in Quake 3 discussions you always get a mention of UT, for example. Even if those are more direct rivals.

Not to backseat mod, but can't you all harass Ash over PM instead? I know forum drama is funny but come on

I don't really find butthurt lowlifes that just can't accept a loss so they develop a hateful obsession funny, but hey. This is the internet and so you get very, very weird people, especially in unmoderated domains. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Beans00

Erudite

Ah so your wife is an ugly whale whom you neglect to stalk randoms that made you butthurt on gaming forums while she takes care of the kids, whom you also neglect. Go take care of your family, degen. Am I getting close?

I will not apologize to you for calling you a retard (thoroughly deserved) and speaking facts as always, so just give up your obsession with me.

I'm not sure how much time you put into posting on these forums(maybe you're under the impression it takes me longer to type these posts), maybe you're just much less efficient at managing your time compared to me because you're autistic?

I'm a big believer in free speech so I don't care if you call me a retard. Though you should know you insulting me has zero affect on me since I consider you a turbo sperg. In other words if you went to my school they would have put you in a special class full of kids who would wig out if you touched their ears. I'm sure some of them became modders aswell.

Lemming42 to be a bit on topic. I remember more of a rivalry between crash and banjo kazooie since they were on rival consoles. I recall basically no debate between crash and spyro.

Lemming42

Arcane
@Lemming42 to be a bit on topic. I remember more of a rivalry between crash and banjo kazooie since they were on rival consoles. I recall basically no debate between crash and spyro.
Crash vs Spyro might have been a UK thing, the N64 never got anywhere near PS1's popularity here. People would sometimes throw Tomb Raider in as a third contender, which made it even more confusing.

Ash

Arcane
I'm not sure how much time you put into posting on these forums(maybe you're under the impression it takes me longer to type these posts), maybe you're just much less efficient at managing your time compared to me because you're autistic?

I'm a big believer in free speech so I don't care if you call me a retard. Though you should know you insulting me has zero affect on me since I consider you a turbo sperg. In other words if you went to my school they would have put you in a special class full of kids who would wig out if you touched their ears. I'm sure some of them became modders aswell.

I would bet my life on my being a superior individual than you in absolutely every way. In every primary measure or contest of worth and competency. Imagine, a weirdo that spends time stalking randoms online out of seething butthurt calls the other a "sperg". Again, you're a stain on society. Consider that animals literally have to die to keep you living. After weighing the value to cost ratio, you should have some honor and absolutely neck yourself.

Beans00

Erudite
@Lemming42 to be a bit on topic. I remember more of a rivalry between crash and banjo kazooie since they were on rival consoles. I recall basically no debate between crash and spyro.
Crash vs Spyro might have been a UK thing, the N64 never got anywhere near PS1's popularity here. People would sometimes throw Tomb Raider in as a third contender, which made it even more confusing.

The PS1 won pretty handily over here too(I think everywhere?). I had both consoles but I only got an n64 later on maybe christmas 2002 or 2003.
Spyro I remember being compared more to donkey kong?
I don't remember tomb raider being compared to anything else really, aside from obvious tomb raider clones. Tomb raider was always a multi platform series anyways.
Oddly, I never owned any of the spyro/crash games for ps1. I played them at friends houses obviously but never bought any. For the ps1 I was more into racing games and to a much lesser extent jrpgs.

For me the mascot of the PS1 was solid snake(lol). Being the most iconic 'character' of any game I owned to me.

Ash well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. From my perspective though you're an angry sperg who has probably never had sex. That's why you're so mad all the time, because you spend so much time making mods.

Ash

Arcane
Again, the individual that has a long line of documented butthurt following members around is calling me names and attacking character. Lol.

So you want to discuss body count now. Cool. Keep pretending you don't care. I don't even know what my count is, but it is high. Somewhere between 100-200. Some of those are shameful fucks I wouldn't want to disclose, but hey.

I have about 100 reasons to be mad at the world, and so should everyone else. Anyone who isn't at least moderately unhappy with the shit state of the world is a fool. Lets start with the mere fact that people like you exist and of the same species as me. Idiotic, degenerate, bad people across the board drags down the entire species. That most certainly infuriates me.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So you want to discuss body count now. Cool. Keep pretending you don't care. I don't even know what my count is, but it is high. Somewhere between 100-200.

Bro, the only person doing this is you. No one cares or even asked.

Yeah, this is a good/interesting point. N64s were very rare in the UK.

Ryzer

Arcane
It knew that full-on 3d platforming was ass. It looked like ass with the early models, and felt like ass due to them not being able to figure out good 3d controls and cameras back then (exhibit a - mario 64, the king of ass)
How Mario 64 is hailed as anything other than a complete piece of shit I'll never know.

These vids need a bit more love...

If you can't see the value doesn't meen it's not there.

We're not talking value, we're talking quality.

Mario 64 plays like shit, has wank stage design for the most part, and is little more than a janky camera battle. Just because some Nintendo-hive mind faggots who grew up with nothing better to play, and who were so starved of good games so much that they genuinely still think Goldeneye is as good as 90's FPS gaming gets, all worship the piece of shit that is Mario 64, doesn't mean it's any good.

Course it has value in terms of how it ruined gaming for several years, by influencing developers to go balls-deep with 3D too early. It was a "revolutionary" game in that respect.

Everybody knows the true gem is Mario Sunshine with its JETPACK.

Beans00

Erudite
Everybody knows the true gem is Mario Sunshine with its JETPACK.

The biggest thing sunshine had over 64 was not having to use the shitty n64 controller.
The gamecube controller was the best controller out of the 6th gen, with big ass buttons impossible to miss.

I like the ps2 and xbox(well the 2nd iteration that wasn't the side of neptune) as well, I even liked the dreamcast controller. The gamecube controller was my favorite though.

Ash

Arcane

You should know I wear the fact I trigger the absolute fuck out of autistic retard weirdos on the codex - to the point they follow me around like pets - as a badge of fucking honor. I was looking at this with the wrong perspective. Seethe some more. I'll see you and your new equally lame friend there in whatever next thread I decide to post in. :salute:

Beans00

Erudite
I'll see you and your new equally lame friend there in whatever next thread I decide to post in. :salute:

You spam every thread in general gaming with your autism. You're a lord of virginity(meaning you have never enjoyed sex), and as mediocrepoet said. At least your mom thinks your mod is cool.

Lemming42

Arcane
Revisiting the best levels of Crash 4 thanks to this thread and it's so much fun. It's amazing how they came up with like four characters to play as, with all feeling distinct and none feeling like a weak link. Crash/Coco levels are obviously the best but the Tawna levels are exceptionally fun too. Cortex and Dingodile's mechanics feel a bit weaker, but still solid enough to not detract from the game when their levels pop up. Only complaint is that the game feels a bit too expert-level at times, it'd have been nice to have it start more gentle and gradually ramp up the difficulty rather than being balls-to-the-wall from the start. But I guess if you played it in sequence with the N Sane Trilogy then it'd feel like a satisfying finale.

Toys for Bob are pretty clearly masters at this, it'd be great to see a new Spyro game from them too.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Oh sweet, a thread about Crash, let’s see what the discussion is about

giphy.gif

tbh I do think Spyro is better, and TR takes the cake as the best 3D platformer. There was something about the Crash games that always felt off. IDK maybe the roster lacked charisma or something.
Played Crash Racing during the lockdown with the missus because she recalled liking it, and while it was fun, there was nothing that made it stand out from any other kart racing game.

In general, I think the PSX did 2.5D a lot better than 3D platforming.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
That projectile dog shit gif is an instant keeper.

I toyed with the idea of checking out the PC remasteres of both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro a few years ago but when I saw that they were dozens of GBs I just lost the will to download. I think I'm more of a Rachet & Clank guy misself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom