Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

cRPG quotes

Wolfus

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
As for other quotes:

"JESUS K. REIST!"

Where is this one from??? I know I played it a lot but I just can't remember...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most memorable for me:

"My hamster does not like your tone. Away with ye."

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"

"Ahh... We are all heroes; you and Boo and I. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!"

Rpgsaurus

Novice
Wolfus said:
Darth Roxor said:
As for other quotes:

"JESUS K. REIST!"

Where is this one from??? I know I played it a lot but I just can't remember...

JA2, your 3rd voice option for an IMP.

"Time to take out the trash!"

Wolfus

Arcane
Thanks man :) I exactly remember that voice and diction, but I forgot where I heard it :)

Radisshu

Prophet
Coyote said:
Chosen One: "Tandi job. Me want."
Gunther: "You can't take the president's job!"
Chosen One: "No?"
Gunther: "NO! You are dumb."

This one is so fucking funny

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
"I orchestrated a war to slaughter thousands. I have felt the cold embrace of death. I have witnessed the horrors of the abyss. But you, Viconia... you scare me."

The only RPG quote that I remember that hasn't been mentioned yet. That falls into the first category, at least.

zool

Arcane
Monocause said:
It doesn't matter how the story will end. It is if you bought the game that counts.

Good one. From VTMB too, this one is nothing special but I like it nonetheless:

"Hey baby, looking' for a date?" (with the awesome Downtown or Hollywod hub theme in the background)

Phelot

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:

TBH, I remembered it differently, but it still seemed like a strange point to argue. I remembered that quote from BG2 and thought it was nice, but not stellar, but certainly not worthy of a long debate, but IIRC the debate lasted awhile precisely on that one quote, no? It just seemed strange, kind of like the sort of dreams I have where I'm listening to a lecture on some trivial point, but it just goes on and on.

I mean no offense. I was more just recalling something myself. Carry on :salute:

Now, for some JA2 quotes (Hope they haven't been added yet):

Ivan Dolvich: You do not speak Russian? Ah, I miss days when Russia was at war with everybody.

I can't find the quotes online, but the answering machines are fucking hilarious especially Buns, Grunty, Berry, and Igors.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Monkeys need love.

Currently reading a long book series.
Who's its author?
Webster.

Puppy.

Are you into card games? (previous conversation implied poker.)
It depends on what type of card game do you mean.
Digimon.

When you find a sphere...
Fiend appears...

We are building an ultimate weapon.

I know everything.

What's the plan?
You'd distract him, I would strap explosives on me, sneak on him from behind, and blow myself up with him.
This plan sucks.

Going against them again, are you crazy? We lost our clothes last time, who knows what would they do next time.

(Talk about sex.)
You'd need poker, however.
What for? Just curious.
In case my teeth would get stuck.

I'm still here because I loaned my teleportation stone to some retard. Would you believe he didn't bothered to return it? Thus I became stuck here.

PS and have fun.
Mike, you bastard.

Coyote

Arcane
Would have posted some of the other Anachronox ones, but it didn't fit with the tone of the rest of my post (which was mostly humorous quotes).

Also, can't forget this one:

Commander Shepard said:
A human reaper!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
shihonage said:
You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric cube

yMjBg.jpg

Radisshu

Prophet
Vault Dweller said:
Vault Dweller said:
Grunker said:
[Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are... different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm prospered, her children are well-fed, and her name respected throughout her land. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no real power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten as she was. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?]

The one is relevant because it meanders around the territory of the PCs heritage while maintaining the dreamy feeling we're supposed to have by not making it clear what Irenicus is talking about until he is done talking. Pretty well-know tactic that keeps the reader interested.
I've read quite a few "death comes for all, we'll be forgotten, bla-bla-bla" speeches, and I'd have to say that this one isn't very interesting. It lacks something. Depth? Conclusions? Emotions?

Basically it says "Life is strength. A woman outlives her family members, does cool things, but dies anyway and will be forgotten. Will you be forgotten too?"

:facepalm:

Look at it this way. We have an elf who was once immortal. Then he gambled and lost it all, including his immortality. Now he's like any human. Take you, for example. You plan to live on for at least another 50 years. Let's say you're stripped of it and now your lifespan is that of an ant - 90 days. It's nothing for a human. A blink of an eye. It would affect you, it would change fucking everything, including the way you look at time flow (and numerous ways to waste it). It would be nice to see that in his speeches, especially in the one you quoted. Instead he tells you about some woman who was forgotten. Really? People die and are eventually forgotten? Your life has been taking away from you and that's your observation?
Surreal?

Thing is, that's not Irenicus speaking. It's the essence of Bhaal inside of you, trying to influence you to embrace teh dark side, by acting out as Irenicus in your character's dreams and trying to lure your character with promises of immortality and ultimate power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom