Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
mhm *smacks lips* so this is what furry is up to these days

hey try to play some RPG once in a fuck

when was the last time you yourself played an rpg let alone a game made to run on post-pentium processors?

oscar

Arcane
It's good. Hodge-podge of gameplay and themes from Hitman, Deux Ex, Hotline Miami, EYE and Brigand: Oaxaca in a self-aware (but thankfully not memey) and smarter-than-it-looks biopunk doomer setting.

Looks like you can get quite creative with the implants too.

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Now that it's popular I guess I'm not getting any hipster cred for seeing it first (when some guy who worked on a MDE video linked to it).

Star Citizen

Learned
This shit's foooken glorious - wasn't totally convinced I'd made a wise investment until I got the thingy that lets you rocket jump without taking splash damage and another thingy that let me jump again just before my ass cratered and then finally another thingy that replenished my ammo so I never ran outta rockets to fly around those crazy fuckin levels with (trade off for that ability was that I could no longer reload manually). I hope more devs take this approach of having actual fun systems and shit under the hood.

Jinn

Arcane
game is tainted now that e-celebs have latched on to it for clicks (especially after most of them previously shat on the game or said they wouldn't cover it because it's not good)

Who cares? It's not like it's going to change the actual game any, and it's just going to make the creator more money so he can hopefully make more and better games in the future. I don't see the problem here.

Who cares? It's not like it's going to change the actual game any, and it's just going to make the creator more money so he can hopefully make more and better games in the future. I don't see the problem here.
Something tells me this creator is more likely to spend his money on hookers and blow than design a masterpiece.

oscar

Arcane
I liked this game a lot but totally forgot about it (beyond the sound track). But I think that's absolutely fine and how games should be in an ideal world. You have a great time for a month then move on. Much worse ways to spend 15 bucks. Hope the developer goes on to do more, obviously the talent and vision is there but this game sort of feels like a very personal one-off too.

This is great for getting me in a certain mood.

buffalo bill

Arcane
quick thoughts after getting final ending & all implants/weapons:

very fun and unusual game, somewhat difficult at points (especially trauma loop without implants) and cool that it incorporates breaking the game into the mechanics. When I started using crazy combos of implants to speedrun levels, it got psycho pretty fast

level design is quite good. Lots of routes and possible solutions to obstacles

Worst thing, as others have said, is the AI. If I don't feel like going for speed, I can shoot outside a door to make some noise and they come filing out one-by-one to be easily picked off regardless of difficulty setting.

Dialogue is amazing. I wish this guy would make an RPG. Gorbino's Quest maybe

It's a straight banger, best new release I played all last year.

I'm a sucker for weird & hostile artistic expression to a fault but was suprised by how consistently impressive eveything else was too. It majors on the best bits of early 3d shooters - abstracted design, real levels, scope for gratuitous exploitation of its mechanics.

It has an overtly leftist viewpoint but actually manages to successfully articulate it through blunt satire of the alienated western material experience.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
I could probably enjoy playing it if I hated myself too much, but calling it an immersive sim because you can kill people with toilets is a travesty. As someone mentioned in the reviews, the game purposefully tries to look bad because it is bad and it's the best its author could do even if he actually tried.

If you want a fast-paced shooter, play Arcane Dimensions for example. If you want Deus Ex, it's better to just replay Deus Ex.

players said:
Lmfao bro I thought that was an intentional design decision from you, like a statement on the absurdity of how clothing can manipulate defensive stat values for your character in traditional game design

lmao I thought this was being left unfixed as a joke, dude just woke up one day and went "ah crud I forgot to fix my game"

Thought it was intentional tbh, thrilled to see CS continue to get love.

So armour was just a placebo the whole time? Somehow that feels more on theme with the game.

I honestly thought that they were functioning as intended! Only in the squad, love this game!

NO I LIKED ABUSING THE SPEED WITH NO DOWNSIDES THIS CANT BE HAPPENING NO NO NO NO

c5d.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
In what way is this an imsim? Seems like pretty basic FPS, and a bad one at that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom