Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

mondblut

Arcane
I didn't mind it in 920AD, yes. But since the situation is the same in 1250AD I'm a little bit sceptic about these systems.

Guess the AI rulers of France weren't as good as actual Capets. Then again, before 1200 most of France was actually England.

thesecret1

Arcane
It pays the salaries of your employees. The longer you can keep it going, the more you can employ and the more you can invest in your product.
I probably would have believed this when I was 13, but come the fuck on. "Invest in your product"? They never invest in their product, where have you been this last decade? Gaming industry became this massive thing in a relatively short amount of time and mindboggling amount of money started circulating in it, yet at no point did this massive amount of money translate into a better product. It translated into better marketed and marketable products, ie money is being dumped into advertising the game (in fact, for bigger studios, this is often the single biggest expense they have, easily dwarfing the cost of the actual development of the game) and for retarded dick measuring contests to slap on the store page. Used to be graphics, now it's map size, soon it will probably be something else that's just as retarded. At no point is the money actually used to deliver an overall better experience. Hell, to this day, there is not a better stealth game than Thief.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Of course, it was obvious that someone will make this mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2219905226&searchtext=

Something for you fantadomat

I’m pleasantly surprised this was made so quickly. Along with the fixes for the braindead adultery, the game is already looking a bit better. Add in the map mod one of the HIP guys is working on, Viking fixes... I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

4 Europas Universalis, 3 Crusader Kings, 4 Hearts of Iron, 2 Victorias and many other single games and AI is still nigger tier.
20 fucking years of game dev Paradox...
20 YEARS

Not only is it still garbage, it’s getting worse. If only it could be properly modded, some student AI engineer could fix it up before they go work on terminator HUDs.

Zariusz

Arbiter

I’m pleasantly surprised this was made so quickly. Along with the fixes for the braindead adultery, the game is already looking a bit better. Add in the map mod one of the HIP guys is working on, Viking fixes... I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

4 Europas Universalis, 3 Crusader Kings, 4 Hearts of Iron, 2 Victorias and many other single games and AI is still nigger tier.
20 fucking years of game dev Paradox...
20 YEARS

Not only is it still garbage, it’s getting worse. If only it could be properly modded, some student AI engineer could fix it up before they go work on terminator HUDs.
Map mod? Tell me more, provinces or graphics?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
So, someone made an Always Use Paper Map mod:

https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/11567/Any

Seems like this is good for performance. Also the paper map is sexy.

I need to test this at once, I have been waiting for a long while. The normal map taxes my computer and makes it pretty damn hot.

If you are willing, report back if the paper map conforms to the heightmap when you zoom in. You know, 3d mountains with paper map texture overlayed, or truly flat like paper.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Honestly that's the map the game should have had from the beginning.

How dare someone making mod refocusing the game about Crusader Kings onto... Crusader Kings in current year, somebody call UN, EU and ADL.
Now with Kangz and street shitters out and paper map the game will run faster too its Anuda Shoah! :incline:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game runs fine but as has been pointed out, nobody cared about West Africa and India in CK2 and nobody does now with even less content.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Map mod? Tell me more, provinces or graphics?

The author of the “Somewhat More Historical” module of the Historical Immersion Project is working on CK3 now, so provinces and cultures. Here’s a link if you have a paradox account: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/swmh-ck3-preparation-thread.1394671/
Noice, tho i didnt have Pdx account and i still could read this thread, for some reason. And i think they moved to this thread https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...l-history-overhaul-mod-for-ck3.1414710/page-7

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I'll have to do a West Africa play at some point, but the move to Feudal is gonna suck.

Have done a bit of the East Africa play I normally do with Abyssinia, but didn't have a lot of fun at the time (but this was like day 2 of playing).

Still have to do a Georgia play as well, but the early start date doesn't have a Bagrat (I believe) - so kinda meh. Need my Bagrat and Piast for them authentic plays.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game runs fine but as has been pointed out, nobody cared about West Africa and India in CK2 and nobody does now with even less content.

Make the Jogging Kangz game if you like don't put shit nobody asked for in our Medieval era game about Christendom vs Ummah vs Steppes, I don't want to see more of Frankish kings marrying Kangs daughter like its some Londonistan or Berlin.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Make the Jogging Kangz game if you like don't put shit nobody asked for in our Medieval era game about Christendom vs Ummah vs Steppes, I don't want to see more of Frankish kings marrying Kangs daughter like its some Londonistan or Berlin.
A diplomatic range that's dynamic based on religion, culture group, trade routes, etc. could fix this problem.

Commissar Draco

Patron
I'll have to do a West Africa play at some point, but the move to Feudal is gonna suck.

Have done a bit of the East Africa play I normally do with Abyssinia, but didn't have a lot of fun at the time (but this was like day 2 of playing).

Still have to do a Georgia play as well, but the early start date doesn't have a Bagrat (I believe) - so kinda meh. Need my Bagrat and Piast for them authentic plays.

Abyssinia plays the very same France or Bizantium does but this time they are given muslim style garb so for now its meh I stopped to play this shite for now its bare bones comparing to CK2 any ways.

jaydee2k

Savant
How can I stop my ruler from commanding armies? His fighting stats are total dogshit. I want to prevent him from total suicide.
That handy shortcut from CK 2 seems gone...

Harthwain

Magister
How can I stop my ruler from commanding armies? His fighting stats are total dogshit. I want to prevent him from total suicide.
That handy shortcut from CK 2 seems gone...
There should be the option to change commander in lower left corner, once the army is selected.

Harthwain

Magister
My son turned to be a known gay-lover (Adulterer Homosexual). On top of that he became the cannibal and got excommunicated(!?).

I mean... can you sink lower than that?

I suicided him, thinking his 4-year-old heir (my grandson) ought to have better chances, but it turns out he still got -40 to opinion to everybody and no dread his unholy father had, so half of the Empire broke off and the other half decided to take a candy from a baby steal my throne. They will pay for that! All of them. Now I have to start stockpiling gold in order to win what's mine and then try to re-integrate the breakaway vassals back into the Empire. It's just a setback, nothing more.

The only thing I am afraid is that the neighbouring states (France, Papacy, Carpathia) may use this opportunity to vassalize some smaller states (especially the Pope, since he was eyeing the Duchy of Spoleto since the beginning of the game).

Mortmal

Arcane

Abyssinia plays the very same France or Bizantium does but this time they are given muslim style garb so for now its meh I stopped to play this shite for now its bare bones comparing to CK2 any ways.
Same here if you already played a lot of CK2 , the novelty and interest drop of quickly. Everything just play the same and there's ton of features missing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom