Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Current NWN Module, Editing & Beamdog Changes Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I thought I'd start a thread for us oldfags (the fucking cheak of it being called an oldfag when I only signed up 6 years ago) that are getting back into NWN:EE. For me personally I'm hyped for Luke Scull's mods and there's some positivs and negatives to the EE that I thought might be worth discussing.

How to make any Weapon a Monk Weapon:

Download NWNExplorer: https://github.com/virusman/nwnexplorer/releases (This is a working version. All others gave me problems).
Download Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

1. Place NWNExplorer into the NWN install directory. GOG version example: 'GOG Games/Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition'.
2. Open it. There should be menus on the left. If not it isn't working, and you've got a crap version.
3. Click on: NWN Main data > Game Data.
4. Find 'baseitems.2da' under the 'Game Data' drop down menu.
5. You can right click it to view. You can't edit anything with NWNexplorer AFAIK.
6. Right click 'baseitems.2da' and select export. Export it to your desktop for simplicity.
7. Right click it on your desktop and open with Notepad++
8. Let's say we want our Monk class to use greatswords with the unarmed APR. Select the 'Greatsword' row, scroll all the way to the right, and under the column 'IsMonkWeapon' delete the four stars and replce with '1'.
9. Ensure all columns and rows are neat.
10. Select File > Save in Notepad++
11. Be an autist and close > open to check your work to check.
12. Place the edited 'baseitems.2da' into: 'Documents/Neverwinter Nights/Override
13: Your monk will now have Greatsword APR as per a Kama & unarmed. This worked for me mid-game.

Worth mentioning: Don't mess with the installation override as people are saying Beamdog are always changing things.

I doubt this thread will take off, but if I try to explain everything like I was explaining it to my retired uncle of 80 or so. Would have been nice if modders or wiki-tards over the years would do the same.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
13: Your monk will now have Greatsword APR as per a Kama & unarmed.
giphy.webp

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
13: Your monk will now have Greatsword APR as per a Kama & unarmed.
giphy.webp

I'm autistically creating a Sarevok origin story in my head and explaining why he moved so fast, had x5APR, and spell resistance. I know his armour accounted for the last one, and I think in the original vanilla BG he had x5 APR. And I remember him moving fast as well. Also, NWN's crit feats kinda applies to his Deathbringer Assault.

I also haven't played BG1 for a few years properly and BG2 for ages, so I'k kinda getting all my ducks in a row.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom