Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
People in previous page worrying about number of dialogue options - Witcher 2 & 3 seldom had more than 2.
Fully voiced games seldom have complicated or flavorful (lacking in C&C but there to add character) dialogue trees. It's a given.
Witcher 2 & 3's dialogue system is designed to branch out as you talk to the NPC. You start out with usually option 1. Progress dialogue; 2. More info.... Option 2. will then give you 2 or 3 questions you can ask. Option 1. will keep the NPC story flowing with additional player interaction until it reaches the decision point. I'd expect it to be similar.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
h26D1C797

Do this people have even played an fps?! It is time for divine cleansing!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's much easier to imagine when you know it's not really an RPG, more like Fallout 3 than an RPG.
We really have no idea how much rpg elements there will be,this is just empty speculations. Witcher 3 is really good rpg,but i don't expect a combatfag to get it.

KK1001

Arbiter
Are you surprised at gamer entitlement? The only real power people feel they have is as consumers. For a lot of people, this is everything to them, the only joy in an otherwise living hell.

Jezal_k23

I heard enemies have levels just like TW3, with ? level enemies being too high level for you. I hope the way this is executed is not as fucking awful as it was in TW3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are you surprised at gamer entitlement? The only real power people feel they have is as consumers. For a lot of people, this is everything to them, the only joy in an otherwise living hell.
True,but whining doesn't change anything,not buying does.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Levels? In my Cyberpunk? CDP gamedesigners are less than qualified indeed, but Mike, where you were all the time? Why didn't you hit them by their hands with a stick when needed?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who are these people who get migraines from playing a game in first person? How do they walk down the street with their eyes open? Life must be agony if FPP makes you sick.

This sounds like a serious medical problem and not something that will be fixed by switching one game to TPP.

Moink

Cipher
Who are these people who get migraines from playing a game in first person? How do they walk down the street with their eyes open? Life must be agony if FPP makes you sick.

This sounds like a serious medical problem and not something that will be fixed by switching one game to TPP.

It's normally caused by the FOV being too low (tbh anything below 80 makes my eyes hurt), the only game I can remember that caused motion sickness for people no matter what was Half Life 2, which was caused by input delay.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's a damn shame. I'd go even so far as to say that Empathy is the single most important and central piece of character building in pnp.

-- However, I usually dump everything else and max out cool and attr, because it's better to look good and carry a style than actually be able to do anything well. :shittydog:

Latelistener

Arcane
UI expands during combat — enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.

Some enemies have question marks instead of levels, possibly meaning they’re much higher level than you.

Damage numbers pop up during combat.

A boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton was shown. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.
:happytrollboy::popamole:

CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a “mature experience intended for mature audiences.”

Jezal_k23

I heard enemies have levels just like TW3, with ? level enemies being too high level for you. I hope the way this is executed is not as fucking awful as it was in TW3.
What was wrong with Witcher 3's monster levels?

It has been a long time since I've played it, but I remember being consistently bored by combat against super powered drowners due to level scaling, human enemies always being close to your level regardless of who they were or how competent, feeling no progression of power because everything in the entire world seems to be your level except for a few special enemies, etc. I'm not sure if it was as bad as something like Oblivion, probably not, but it was pretty damn boring.

Sentinel

Arcane

It has been a long time since I've played it, but I remember being consistently bored by combat against super powered drowners due to level scaling, human enemies always being close to your level regardless of who they were or how competent, feeling no progression of power because everything in the entire world seems to be your level except for a few special enemies, etc. I'm not sure if it was as bad as something like Oblivion, probably not, but it was pretty damn boring.
Witcher 3 didn't have level scaling at release. They added it in a later patch - level upscaling - as a completely optional feature. Should have turned it off.

Abhay

Augur

They are planning DLCs, in fact, its confirmed anyways, so I guess stats like empsthy and other questionable exclusions from the game could be reserved for future DLCs. Its quite possible.

Also, all the info dump so far makes me super duper hyped now.

Gerrard

Arcane
From CDRED forums:

"
Vattier
CD PROJEKT RED
RED Point
New #168
We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

Today at 9:09 AM
"

I really don't mind this, in fact, I prefer it.
When was the last time you've seen a working mirror in an FPP game?

Jezal_k23

Witcher 3 didn't have level scaling at release. They added it in a later patch - level upscaling - as a completely optional feature. Should have turned it off.

Ok, maybe I had it on for some reason. It has been a few years. I'm happy to hear the game is not as boring as I thought.

Sentinel

Arcane

Ok, maybe I had it on for some reason. It has been a few years. I'm happy to hear the game is not as boring as I thought.
Yeah, but still Witcher 3 had the classic unbalanced difficulty problem where Geralt became way too strong for any challenge in the game about 40% through the game. I thought this is what you were going to bring up.
Seems like they're aiming to fix this in Cyberpunk 2077 by completely manipulating the XP awarded by the player, making it so you can only earn XP through main quests.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
From CDRED forums:

"
Vattier
CD PROJEKT RED
RED Point
New #168
We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

Today at 9:09 AM
"

I really don't mind this, in fact, I prefer it.
When was the last time you've seen a working mirror in an FPP game?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

They are planning DLCs, in fact, its confirmed anyways, so I guess stats like empsthy and other questionable exclusions from the game could be reserved for future DLCs. Its quite possible.

Also, all the info dump so far makes me super duper hyped now.
A central character development mechanism as a DLC? Doesn't sound very likely to me.

Gerrard

Arcane
Full voiced protagonist + character creation = either the appearance changes are limited in scope or you end up with voice that doesn't match the appearance

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom