Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
For fucks sake TemplarGR, just read the message I linked just three posts above, instead of writing nonsensical walls of text that has no grounding in reality.

I repeat: CDP has 150 million USD that they don't know what to do with. That is SURPLUS, on top of all the expenses they need to run the studio, pay employees, pay bills etc. - essentially on top of all the development costs.

EDIT::
what Danikas said above. And as I said, the 71 million USD investment is only half of their surplus according to their financial statement.

You people are ALL retarded. Those profits aren't from Witcher 3 alone, CDproject is a SOFTWARE STORE, LIKE STEAM. The software store is profitable, NOT THE GAME STUDIO by itself.

You are all retarded, seriously.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Wait, wait, wait. What are you arguing here? That TW3 was unoptimized while attempting to play it on a HD3870?

Oh look, now that the retards spewed nonsense, they use strawman arguments in an effort to appear less retarded. No, sperg, i didn't attempt to play it on a HD3870, because it can't run on non DX11 cards....

You are so stupid, you don't know what to say. Instead of admiting that i am correct, and you are wrong, you double down on stupidity.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I could be willing to admit you are correct, that is if only I knew what you were on about.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
He is trying to imply that Cyberpunk 2077 has a limited budget.

I don't even know why people even replied to that.

bat_boro

Arcane
Sure, but every project should ideally have a fixed scope and budget, that's like project management 101. Applies even for agile/change driven projects, which is I suppose the vast majority of video games development projects

guestposting

Educated
For fucks sake TemplarGR, just read the message I linked just three posts above, instead of writing nonsensical walls of text that has no grounding in reality.

I repeat: CDP has 150 million USD that they don't know what to do with. That is SURPLUS, on top of all the expenses they need to run the studio, pay employees, pay bills etc. - essentially on top of all the development costs.

what Danikas said above. And as I said, the 71 million USD investment is only half of their surplus according to their financial statement.

You people are ALL retarded. Those profits aren't from Witcher 3 alone, CDproject is a SOFTWARE STORE, LIKE STEAM. The software store is profitable, NOT THE GAME STUDIO by itself.

You know they break the GOG numbers out separately, right? This is another case where we can look up the numbers and you couldn’t be more wrong. GOG barely turns a profit because they take relatively small cut of sales. The vast bulk of CDPR’s revenue comes from their games and more than 90% of their earnings come from games.

Just look up the goddamn financial statements before talking out of your ass.

edit: GOG hasn’t been an important driver since 2014 at the latest.

Last edited:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

So what was it that you were arguing in the first place, dumbfuck?

Ah right, that CDPR would require tons of budget to make CP77 right. What a retard :retarded:

Here, straight from their report:

CDPR (studio): 172,4 million PLN profit netto
GoG (software store): 2,9 million PLN profit netto

Link here (page 32).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Ah, this explains why CDPR net profit is almost 90 times the one from GOG.com.

Oh, wait.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know they break the GOG numbers out separately, right? This is another case where we can look up the numbers and you couldn’t be more wrong. GOG barely turns a profit because they take relatively small cut of sales. The vast bulk of CDPR’s revenue comes from their games and more than 90% of their earnings come from games.

Just look up the goddamn financial statements before talking out of your ass.
clear.png
Fabulously optimistic for thinking he can actually understand numbers.

Harthwain

Magister

Ah, this explains why CDPR net profit is almost 90 times the one from GOG.com.

Oh, wait.
I am curious what kind of software (not games!) he thinks the CDPR is selling to make profit.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
So what was it that you were arguing in the first place, dumbfuck?

Ah right, that CDPR would require tons of budget to make CP77 right. What a retard :retarded:

Here, straight from their report:

CDPR (studio): 172,4 million PLN profit netto
GoG (software store): 2,9 million PLN profit netto

Link here (page 32).

OK, first things first, analyzing a whole company's financials is not something for internet forums so i won't get into that. It is very easy to point your finger at a general number and say "see i am right", when you don't have access to the real data. These summaries always show a general picture regarding profits, without detailing exactly what went into the profits/losses. It is very easy for rpgcodex spergs to pretend to be financiers because they can read a number, but reality doesn't work like that. I didn't find any details on that summary that prove your case and most importantly, that report PROVES MYSELF more than it proves you retards...

How? Let me explain....

1) Correct me if i am wrong, but 2019 was the year that Cyberpunk 2077 preorders began. And since it is the most hyped up game of the decade, you can be sure that A LOT of pre-orders happened.... Also, according to PC gamer, 1/3 of those preorders happened on GOG.com (but aren't counted as GOG.com sales, but as CDPR sales, since GOG.com does not earn profits from selling CDPR games, else those would be taxed). So, 2019 is a frontloading year for CDPR, they got a large part of the income from Cyberpunk 2077, almost 1 and a half year before it launched...

2) Also, IIRC in 2019 (or was it 2018?), Witcher 3 switch port and also Thronebreaker were released, so those brought some CDPR profits as well. So that explains their total annual profits, around 40m for 2019 and somewhat lower for 2018.

3) The thing is, income from selling older CDPR games and ports on other platforms brings a lot more profit because the development costs have been paid in previous years. Witcher 3 was done in 2016. Each sale afterwards is just pure profit. The development costs were paid prior. Same as other games. Those costs don't show up in that report, you sperg.

4) Also, there are other costs that don't show up in 2019, and those costs are the manufacturing and delivering costs of Cyberpunk 2077. Since those are preorders and haven't been delivered in 2019, there are no costs involved with that income. Making those blurays and packaging them and distributing them is going to cost MONEY, and that money is going to the expenses of 2020, you sperg. It doesn't show in 2019. Also server costs and other related costs don't show up either. Plus console licences costs for Cyberpunk....

5) CDPR games, as i said, do not count as GOG sales. If CDPR sells 1/3 of their games through GOG, that is a HUGE PROFIT because otherwise they would have to provide a large cut to Steam and other distributors. This is pure profit we are talking about. Without GOG, you could literally slash a big chunk of their 40m 2019 net profits....

6) GOG.com receives a large income annually. It is actually quite a lot, considering it has to compete with Cyberpunk preorders and Witcher sales on all platforms. It does have large operating costs and i didn't know gog fees are so low, so that explains the lower profits, but still, if you could count CDPR sales as GOG profits also, you would fine that its profits annually would have been much higher on that report.

7) All in all, annual financial reports are very misleading when we are talking about video game companies, because vidya games cost money BEFORE they are released (except post launch support and delivering costs), and get most income AFTER they are released (except for Preorders, which for Cyberpunk 2077 are significant because it is the most hyped up Keanu Reaves game of the decade). You can't just display a report of 2019, a year when CDPR is swimming in preorder money, and claim they are so filthy rich. Wait for 2020 and 2021 and 2022 reports first....

Still, having written all that, 40m per annum is GARBAGE profits in comparison to the behemoths of this industry. I mean seriously, go to EA, ActivisionBlizzard or Ubisoft and show them 40m per year as profits, see how that works out.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/269696/revenue-of-electronic-arts-since-2005/

yeah yeah, CDPR is filthy rich, is so huuuuuge company, 40m per annum including Cyberpunk 2077 preorders, they have no need of money ever again, ever...

LOL.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
‘k :lol:

You convinced me - they don’t have enough money to make good CP77 :lol:

I rest my case. Can’t be assed to argue with imbecile.

Perhaps they don't. You don't know what they had in their plans for CP77 and what will be delivered in September... We need to wait for that. If the game is trash or low content, then you will know that they didn't have enough money.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
And another point i forgot to mention:

CDPR net profits include the games sold through gog, and that means that for those games there is no store-related costs, like for steam and consoles. If around 1/3 of those games are sold through gog and we know that consoles and steam take around 20%-30% of the total price, then that is a huge chunk of profits made through GOG that they don't show as gog profits but as CDPR profits. Also, since CDPR games sold through GOG burden the service, those costs are counted as GOG costs and not as CDPR expenses.

In essence, if we could remove those CDPR-through-gog profits and add them to gog.com profits, the balance would become much closer, and that still included all those Cyberpunk 2077 preorders....

See? I am smarter than you, it is not my fault. I was born this way.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Also, just a clarification, i don't believe any of you here are retards. I didn't mean it literally, so please don't take offense. It was more tongue-in-cheek than an insult. To anyone who really took offense i apologize. OK? Peace.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, just a clarification, i don't believe any of you here are retards. I didn't mean it literally, so please don't take offense. It was more tongue-in-cheek than an insult. To anyone who really took offense i apologize. OK? Peace.
The game will still be shit.

cp2077fan

Novice
Summary of podcast with developer from reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/gycl3c/a_list_of_all_things_i_found_important_from/
"The Podcasts are from the german game magazine „GameStar“ which has some of its podcast for premium users only so I can not link those.

-Developers said that the improvements in the level Design are as big as they were from Witcher 2 to the Witcher 3.

-there will be no such thing as the barrels from the Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk with an overwhelming amount of map icons because some players want to complete every single map icon available.

-Due to the coronavirus the devs had to work from home and CDPR sent over 700 Workstations out to the devs around the world with Cyberpunk installed. Therefor we know at least 701 people are working on the game.

Edit: -You will have about 3 times that much ways to solve a mission than in the Witcher 3. They thought “What is the dumbest thing a player could do now and how is it possible that the mission continues. The only thing stopping it is the players death. They called an example where you talk to someone, get shot and instead of fighting back you run away and buy a hamburger but the mission has to continue. (Does this mean eating is confirmed? I’m not sure)

-They tried to improve this in the Witcher 3 DLCs and want to improve it even more in Cyberpunk: Some players said the missions when using the Witcher sight were to similar and not that interesting. We won’t see that again. I assume we will have something similar with our Cyberwear but that will be used better for missions.

-While there are some areas in the Witcher 3 where villagers don’t have a daily routine, they are planing to improve this with giving more than a thousand NPCs a handmade routine.

-According to a dev working on quest design they have no „rules“ about how a quest has to be (eg. Do not let you move more than 1000meters, you talk to 2,5 people) the only rule they have: If it‘s good, we expanding it and implementing it.

-When they fully finished a quest they do not put them aside and work on the next, no they continue playing it over and over again until the game releases because they might find something to fix or improve. That’s what they did with the Witcher 3 and what they are doing with Cyberpunk.

-They were really proud of themselves that no one leaked the appearance of Keano Reeves in more than a year they knew they got him before the E3.

-The melee fight System shown in the E3 trailer was not nearly where they wanted it so expect some big improvements there.

-Inside of the Cyberspace you will be able to summon Phantasy-RPG-like creatures and warriors who can for example burn out another hacker.

I will continue this list whenever I hear something important. Some of those things I already posted but I thought it’s better to list them here."

And more about cyberspace:
"..and especially what will be possible in this Cyberspace when it comes to depth and features, because the Cyberspace in Cyberpunk 2020 is a bit like Skyrim meets Tron. There are weapons like in a phantasy RPG. That u can summon someone who burns out an evil hacker. He scorches his brain and the hacker topples over. Or that you throw fireballs and block them with shields. So it sounds like a phantasy-RPG in a high-tech environment."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom