Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some new general info is surfacing here:

eilef

Educated
Shame that they dropped subway from the game. It was fun in GTA games, and i would to see like CDPR take on it. At this point, with all recent "we dropped this during our development title", which includes car customization, subway, i hope that no major ending stuff will be dropped, and it will not be as anticlimactic as Witcher 3 ending fight. I sure hope main villain will be done better than Eredin. They did him dirty in W3.

KK1001

Arbiter
I've gone to bat for this game, but no subway is the last straw. They just cut, and cut, and cut. Would not be surprised for it and many other features to show up in a DLC

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shame that they dropped subway from the game. It was fun in GTA games, and i would to see like CDPR take on it. At this point, with all recent "we dropped this during our development title", which includes car customization, subway, i hope that no major ending stuff will be dropped, and it will not be as anticlimactic as Witcher 3 ending fight. I sure hope main villain will be done better than Eredin. They did him dirty in W3.

Shame, always liked exploring the city underground in games, and yes that includes sewers.

ChildInTime

Learned
New Gameinformer cover, guess we'll get some new info soon. Male V keeps changing his looks, again.

64c86459ef2b7bea_1920xH.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Did any of these "journalists" say how big the install size of the game (or the demo anyway) was? Or did they all stream the game from stadia or whatever else bullshit?

Unless said otherwise, they probably went to a physical location and didn't install it on their machine. Even if you were to ask yourself about the size of the game, it won't matter because the devs will just say it'll be smaller than it is now because they're still "optimizing."

Gerrard

Arcane
CD Projekt Red's hotly anticipated RPG Cyberpunk 2077 will be heavily censored in Japan, according to a new report.

Australian site Press Start reveals that the Japanese version will have several changes made, primarily to address sexually explicit references and the more extreme elements of violence.

For example, underwear will be added to character models that appear naked in all other versions, while billboards and graffiti shaped as genitals will be altered or removed.

There is a more general note observing that CD Projekt Red will "[revise] sexually explicit content" for the Japanese version. This may well include the customisable genitals mentioned in the ESRB rating.

There will also be selected revisions made to the combat and in-game violence, limiting the appearance of "exposed guts" and severing of limbs.

GamesIndustry.biz has reached out to CD Projekt Red for confirmation.

Press Start also confirmed that the Australian version will not be censored at all, despite the nation's historically strict ratings board. Instead, Cyberbpunk 2077 will be released in the region unedited with an age rating of R18+.

Cyberpunk 2077 was due for release on September 17, but has been delayed further to November 19.

In a broadcast last week, CD Projekt Red confirmed both PS4 and Xbox One owners will receive a free upgrade to their respective next-generation versions.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-06-30-cyberpunk-2077-will-be-censored-in-japan

When the Japs are worried about sex and violence in a game while Australians aren't.......

:negative:
Because of consoles. Also gonna need a [citation] on this game even being available in Australia considering everything that's in it. They probably haven't actually looked at it yet and soon well find out that it's banned, as it happened with several other games.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Unless said otherwise, they probably went to a physical location and didn't install it on their machine. Even if you were to ask yourself about the size of the game, it won't matter because the devs will just say it'll be smaller than it is now because they're still "optimizing."

I think a good bunch of the reports I saw reported testing the game via GeForce Now.
For example:

https://www.theverge.com/21302888/c...on-ps4-xbox-stadia-cd-projekt-red-impressions

Some had physical access (but not on their own machines):

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...ls/Cyberpunk-2077-Preview-Raytracing-1352917/

I guess noone let's journalists run that stuff themselves so early.
Can't really fault them for that lack of trust. ;)

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I've gone to bat for this game, but no subway is the last straw. They just cut, and cut, and cut. Would not be surprised for it and many other features to show up in a DLC

what am i missing here? Whats so special or important about the subway ?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

what am i missing here? Whats so special or important about the subway ?

You get on it and ride it, like in GTA 4. IMMERSHUN!!!! GAME IS 0/10 without it! REEEEEEEEEEEE

KK1001

Arbiter
Train autists won't stand for this. They are an often overlooked slice of the RPG audience and frankly we won't stand for it anymore.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
New Gameinformer cover, guess we'll get some new info soon. Male V keeps changing his looks, again.
Meanwhile the female default looks like complete and utter shit, unlike the iteration they showed in the first gameplay demo. Guess they fear upsetting the vital roastie and tranny demographic.

They should keep subways and just not tell anyone they're there, capture the true California subway experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom