Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'CD Projekt Red' started by Azazel, Jun 10, 2018.

1. norolim Cipher

norolim
    Too many people in this thread have a preferred scenario as to how this game is going to turn out. And now, based on insufficient data, they are making assumptions to support their fantasies. E.g.: how did so many of you decide the game will have little/weak RPG elements? There is no way to know, because most of what they're showing so far is action oriented: driving, shooting and running around. Plus some basic dialogues (I'm only talking about the recent videos, not the 2018 ones, because it looks like a lot may have changed since then, so there is now way to know what still stands from 2 years ago).
    On the other hand, if at least half of what Danikas said is true:
    Show Spoiler

it would mean very good C&C and reactivity. And in my books at least, C&C is one important RPG element. Now, do I believe CP2077 will be a great RPG based on this? No, of course I don't. It's just a single example and it was probably put together form various previews written by incompetent game journos. Not a very trustworthy source. So, based on all that, my opinion is that, at this point, there is no way to say whether the game will be good as an RPG. There are indications both supporting the claim and opposing it, so the only reasonable thing to do, is wait for more data. Bros, be sceptical, but be reasonable.

Be like me
    :troll:

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Bliblablubb Arcane

Bliblablubb
    Uuuh, I really need to catch up with this, after having a slightly embarrassing moment:
    The last thing I had seen from this was the 40 mins gameplay, where they played as NotSombra from Ovenwatch... and Keanu Reeves telling everyone they are beautiful.
    Now I got an ad for some speshul edishun featuring figurines of Keanu... and some bland guy. And I had to ask myself: "who the fk is that again?". Yeah...

At least now I understand why Bioware stuck with MaleShep during promos instead of switching genders around. :hahano:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. cherry blossom Arcane

cherry blossom
    Not unless they also add a "bulge" slider for characters with penis.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. frajaq Liturgist

frajaq
    Male voice actor in this trailer fit really well, did CDPR change it?

^ Top  
  5. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    consoles

actually I'm let down because is not even a good FPS.

The AI is outstanding.

I am glad you're the same retard from the Wasteland 2 days.
    Consistency! :)
    Yes.

The title of reddit post was, "If you really liked the look and voice of V (male or female) from the trailers, you'll be able to keep those."

but from how the question was asked, it can mean anything. "we saw in the trailers"... Which trailers?

[​IMG]

• decline decline x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Riddler Arcane Patron

Riddler
    Bubbles In Memoria
    Right, I forgot that W3 wasn't released on consoles.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Egosphere Magister

Egosphere
    Yes, but when the ai is superb (like FEAR), it can carry the game

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    I realize the first footage was a very early demo, before the massive downgrade and all that, but do you remember the crowd of people in front of that building where you go out in the streets for the first time in the first reveal?

Now for nearly 30 seconds of driving around (admittedly at night), I managed to spot 2 NPCs on the streets / sidewalks. There is no space to park your car on most streets, the sidewalks are tiny and narrow, the streets feel cramped even though you don't seem to be in a seedy part of town. This is all referring the early night drive section of the last gameplay vid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The voice actor is the same, but the character has different voice depending on the background, so it's possible it sounds strange.

BTW, if there are no enemies who mess with my augs in combat, and I mean this being systemic, not scripted in some quest, I will rage.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ChildInTime Learned

ChildInTime
    I think CDPR forcing people to play FPS on a controller adds to the perceived shittines of combat. It will play miles better with keyboard and mouse.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    ^ Top  
  11. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It might also be that the points earlier about how skills improve the gunplay are underlined with controller+aim-assist, but hardly present with m/kb.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. cherry blossom Arcane

cherry blossom
    Yeah, it's not like women are forced to wear high heels, let alone skirts or dresses by their employers in a lot of places in the first world. Right? No?

It is funny to suggest women lack the necessary leg strength, however, as millions of women do day-long intensive shifts in heels. A lot of them probably has better defined leg muscles then an average man.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Okily Dokily! x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    some previewer(parris on youtube iirc) said that he went to a higher level area, enemies put his cybernetics on fire and he died :P

• incline incline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    "There are also cases where..." is fine, but it my point stands.

"If that is so, then I am glad."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Alexander DeLarge Liturgist

Alexander DeLarge
    Never trust gameplay footage. They made Doom 2016 look like a slow, cinematic linear corridor shooter too.

Also they made media play with controller via GeForce Now for some reason.

^ Top  
  16. what am i doing Arcane

what am i doing
    That and contextual enemy voice chatter to make it seem like the AI understood their surroundings. You're behind a couch, the AI will say "behind the couch!" which makes the AI seem more like a real human being that understands where you are in relation to the actual surroundings and is communicating with the other AI. When in reality it's just a script that's said if player is close to X object and X object is between player and enemies then play dialogue "he's behind the X" to match. Good for immersion, very well executed, but it's not impressive in terms of game AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Egosphere Magister

Egosphere
    I don't know who started this meme, but when people spoke of FEAR's ai, they usually meant the movement and co-ordination of the enemy, not what they were calling out. Fear's ai was good because the enemy was unpredictable, tried to flank you, surround you etc. I remember one time fighting a squad, thinking I've killed all of them and continuing down the level, only for 1 enemy to pop out behind me, having circled around several corridors to do so. That's what made Fear's ai memorable, not the silly radio chatter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. StrongBelwas Savant Patron

StrongBelwas
    That behavior is is entirely dependent on being placed inside a office with small corridors where the player was always being funneled into some area with multiple kill zones(And one of the most common criticisms about the game is the fact almost all of the game is in some form of office.) As seen in the expansion packs, when they experimented with more open areas it went to shit. Thats a kind of level design you can't really account for in a giant open world game like Cyberpunk with multiple environments (Or even something smaller like Deus Ex where the way the player approaches each encounter is uncertain.)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Nothing less sexy than a woman trying to be sexy in heels but actually looking awkward and unstable. If you can't really wear heels, don't wear heels. And yes businesses should stop requiring them.

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight
    Too many critics for the shooting, like it's important. You all deserve Fallout 4

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Elex Arbiter

Elex
    I mean 1/3 of cyberpunk game is going to be inside corpo office probally

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ol' Willy Arcane Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Entirely possible. And there is a good example - STALKER games. When working as intended, AI of STALKER works extremely well and in mostly open spaces.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • No No x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    I mean every single quest we have seen so far takes place indoor. But in order to get to those you have to drive through the city because gamers today don't buy games without a big open world.

^ Top  
  24. ChildInTime Learned

ChildInTime
    Well, from what we've seen talking to people and shooting shit will take at least 80% of gameplay time in this, so it's kinda important. If it's even a little close to Destiny level of gunplay, like CDPR say, then we are golden.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Show Spoiler
    Lost another day
    to pointless drudgery
    the slow chipping away
    of my autonomy
    a rodent in a race
    unsung and underpaid
    my colleagues seem to me
    like slaves in sheep-array

then a shock goes through the herd
    at the nauseating purr
    of the corpos of the world
    when the content is secured
    cause they’re naked emperors
    hear the rattling of the purse
    I hunger for the hearse
    cause nothing could be worse
    than a life lived as a limb
    in a debt anatomy
    rather be dead than a link
    in a chain of tyranny

need a way to set it straight
    need to go out on the edge
    need to rage and get revenge
    need to feel myself again

suit up punch in punch out non stop
    suit up punch in punch out get fucked

pressured to mount
    the backs of my brothers
    clamber for clout
    year after year
    the load multiplies
    up high on the ladder
    the bottom falls out
    then so does the fear

I’ve had
    enough
    I’ve done
    enough
    here comes
    revenge
    here comes
    the end

blood spatter in my face
    dead suits in my way
    bullets piercing me
    mama here comes liberty

need a way to set it straight
    need to go out on the edge
    need to rage and get revenge
    need to feel myself again
    instead of

suit up punch in punch out non stop
    suit up punch in punch out get fucked

don’t know how I began
    but I was once a decent man
    the promises I was made
    were made to keep me a a slave
    cornered and kept on a wage
    to come the worst of my rage
    one day the curtain falls

time comes for all
    time comes for all
    now you gonna feel it
    time comes for all
    now you gonna feel it
    time comes for all
    now you gonna feel it

I’ve had
    enough
    I’ve done
    enough
    here comes
    revenge
    here comes
    the end

• incline incline x 3
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.