Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Czech game "Inquisitor" - ever heard of it?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Agree with @sea game is unplayable as Paladin of the Order; Which is fricking travesty cause graphics are very distinct 2D and setting is most original and done in Mature and Grim Dark way.

Played through it as Paladin on normal level.
Lure hard enemies out of their group, buy enough potions, learn the right spells to survive dungeons, use party members.

Or uninstall and play something different. Much more fun.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Except that you had Town Portals in Diablo. In Inquisitor, you have Spend 20 Minutes Walking Back To Town.

The real issue in Inquisitor's combat is that enemies all run as fast or faster than you, almost all of them are melee, and they're all capable of stunlocking you. HP bloat you'd think would be a problem, but it really isn't as much as you'd think - individual enemies go down fairly easily because they have no real AI to speak of, it's the huge mobs you have to fight that literally constantly drain your health faster than your potions can heal it that are the problem. The game literally devolves into an HP in vs. HP out equation, and mid-game and onwards there are literally no potions available that are capable of healing the damage enemies can do.

There are other really obvious and stupid mechanics/systems design problems too - like spells that allow priests to literally instakill every enemy on the screen, while the warrior has absolutely no equipment scaling past act 1 of the game so just gets weaker and weaker to the point where the game is near-impossible to finish using that class. I even cheated myself to level 100 as a warrior, maxed all my skills and attributes to numbers 3x higher than are possible to normally get. The game was still really fucking hard to the point of being unplayable.

And if you think the orcs are bad, oh man, you haven't seen anything yet - try those ghosts that can kill you in literally less than 1 second by spamming lightning magic at you, even with high resistances, and who take about 20 seconds each to kill in melee. I literally do not know what the fuck the developers were thinking in designing this game. It's like it was never even playtested once.
You literally like the word "literally", don't you? ;)

Semela

Barely Literate
Hi guys,
Could you help me out plz.

What MUST be done to get evil ending?

Are there any essential for getting evil ending choices to be made in the game?
Does alighnment affect much? Because tbh the choices presented in the game that supposedly turn me bad rather make me look like a fool than turning to the Dark Side
Is it still possible to turn evil if I finished the first act solving the major quest in favor of Inquisition(finding and punishing the real culprits thus my alignment is quite "good| atm)

I still have a save, I think, where I found all the evidence but didn't arrest and torture 3 culprits. If I instead arrest and torture the innocent knight and declare him a heretic would that count? Sort of protecting the real heretics
Or I can somehow "slip into darkness" ;)) in the act 2 and 3 lol

Cheers

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
New patch out, in case anyone might be interested.

Version 1.10.16 changelog:

- Learning the truth about soldier Harph from Tinthan should work
correctly now
- Dialogue with Archbishop Laurencius shouldn't leave player without an
answer anymore
- All dogs in the Dark Cave should be hostile now
- New and updated fonts used
- Transmutation spell called Transubstantiation correctly now
- Fathor's quest can now be completed by giving him a sheep
- Riemann's missing text string added for priest
- New polished item descriptions and notes/proofs from Nick Garrett used
- Braham now asks the priest for the right amount of money when asked
about Benthley
- Various other changes in the texts

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Like stooping enemies from re-spawning every 30 secunds, cutting trashmobs by half, putting some gear which would scale to the level of enemies and not forcing PC to slaughter his own faction in moronic way. You put diablo combat into your supposedly :obviously: game make it at least as fun as Diablo 1/2 were.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I see they still haven't fixed the mouse issues a few people were having since last year. The mouse works fine when I play on my trackpad, but the moment I try using a mouse it barely works and just lags all over the screen.

What a waste of $15.

Snufkin

Augur
Allright i remember this game was neglected because of no english version but it's been up for a while in eng so whats codex opinion on this game? Anyone finished it? How does it compare to other RPGS? Is it at least as good as book's of eschelon?

Morkar Left

Less a traditional rpg. More like a diablo clone done right. Except the balancing which is all over the place. With proper balancing it would have been an excellent game with great atmosphere.

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Interesting setting, terrible gameplay. Torture's fun tho. Main plot quest bug made me quit and uninstall, I couldn't find anything in the internets that would help me progress.

Cadmus

Arcane
It's a goddamn piece of shit. Wonderful art, horrible everything else.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Less a traditional rpg. More like a diablo clone done right. Except the balancing which is all over the place. With proper balancing it would have been an excellent game with great atmosphere.
Couldn't agree more.

It is painful to think of the wasted potential.

Aothan

Magister
the npc writing, as with the multiplicity of the narrative and 'layered' plot make it a s surprisingly good game, the combat and character system is also quite interesting, but it is not terribly balanced and some design issues (i.e. massive gulf between levels 15 - 35 or what be) can be more than enjoyable for the sake of the rest of the game.

still, I do tend to recommend, even if you don't finish >_<

Aothan

Magister
haha

as a complete aside, where has Eastern Europe been concerning Western culture (Anglo Western culture anyway), the more exposure the more it seems 'these guys' have been quite involved in the fantasy genre, particularly rpgs, but as best I can tell there has been limited contact across cultural divides until recent times

and now they are 'turning up' (again from an Anglo Western perspective) and offering a lot of interesting contributions to rpg and fantasy domains.

naossano

Cipher
I dunno if it is the same, but i played a game called Inquisitor 1-2 years ago and i couldn't go too far.
Dialogs seemed OK, but the combat was real time and incredibly low paced. You hit your opponement one of two time per minutes, then your stamina go down and you are even slower. It took me a few hours just to clean the pack of bats that were around the first city... The rest don't hold enough my interest to keep going such slow paced real time fights...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the combat isn't that hard, its just an incredible slog that I have not witnessed as bad in any other game.
What is maddening is how some players defend that nonsense as old school.

If fights took that long in ye olde games, than it was because the fights were hard, not because a bat has as much HP as a WW2 tank while you hit with the precision and might of a fairy.

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
I really wanted to like this game, from the screenshots the art looks so awesome. The music is great too, and the theme is interesting. And it's dialogue heavy too. But even at the beginning, combat is godawful, and the dialogue keeps dumping you with walls of text. Pretty sad, there's so much wasted potential. A lot like Pillars actually, just a waste of a ton of good art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom