Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Damsels, Adventurers, and Dragons Myths of Malignost Long Term Campaign

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MerchantKing still want me to delete gnomes?
You wouldn't delete a gnome would you?
Why not? They don't contribute anything to anywhere other than turnips and turnips can take care of themselves.
If it weren't for the bountiful turnip harvests and lively turnip speculators, you'd be destitute.
Lmao I don't invest, I harvest.
A farm laborer eh? I know a good plantation to work for if you need employment.
No, I harvest the cash direct by raiding gnomes

MerchantKing

Learned
Why not? They don't contribute anything to anywhere other than turnips and turnips can take care of themselves.
If it weren't for the bountiful turnip harvests and lively turnip speculators, you'd be destitute.
Gnomes now carry only letters of credit that can only be redeemed with valid proof of identity. Since you're not a Gnome, good luck.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

MerchantKing

Learned
Gnomes now carry only letters of credit that can only be redeemed with valid proof of identity. Since you're not a Gnome, good luck.

Good thing I have a wand of polymorph with 1 billion charges.
Good thing the dispel you're forced to undergo during the identification process is stronger than any wand.

I dispelled the dispel because I'm the DM. :)
Gnome dispels can't be dispelled by the DM.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Good thing I have a wand of polymorph with 1 billion charges.
Good thing the dispel you're forced to undergo during the identification process is stronger than any wand.

I dispelled the dispel because I'm the DM. :)
Gnome dispels can't be dispelled by the DM.

Sure they can. I'm the Game Operations Director. You can call me G.O.D. for short....

hahahaha

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lmao, then they're worthless and I might as well dispatch them to their afterlife anyway.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Mulling this over I decided to change when the kits appear because I don't have to adhere to real history. I've also made new names for the kits with the help of JarlFrank.

Tech Level 1
Savage Monk (Wilderness Oracles)
Monks that have the ability to tell a prophecy once a month. The prophecy is determined by rolling on a 1d20 table that has good, neutral, and evil events.

Tech Level 2
Educator Monks (Enlightened Tutors)
Monks that specialize in education with knowledge as secondary. They get a choice of a single NWP with a +1 modifier that they know really well.

Beggar Monks (Humble Mendicants)
Monks that are specialized in begging for alms.

Fighting Monks (Fist-Forged Monastics)
Monks that are dedicated to martial arts, so would get 2 specializations in the fighting arts at level 1.

Scholar Monks (Erudite Monks)
Monks that have a vast amount of religious knowledge and have bonus NWP for Sage skills.

Healing Monks (Sanctified Physicians)
Monks that are specialized in the art of healing others and working in hospitals.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Some changes to the monk base class in that their damage scales as they level. They start at 1d4 then get to 1d10 at the max.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I changed Monks from being available to all to being only for humans. I'm taking a page from Saint Gary and enforcing human centrism due to the degeneracy that is DANDINO. I hope The_Mask can understand.

:hero: :brodex:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Encounter Twenty-seven​

Day 18 Week 7 Month 2 Year 1​

Day

Giant Stag Beetle

# Appearing: 21

AC: 3

Movement: 6

HP: 47

THAC0: 0.

# of Attacks: 3

Damage/Attack: 4d4/1d10/1d10

Special Attacks: None

Special Defense: None

Magic Resistance: None

Size: L 10’ long

Morale: Elite 13

XP: 975 (20,475)

Split 24 ways: 853

Treasure: None

As you continue your arduous journey, the once subtle signs of corruption in the stream have escalated to a disturbing level. The water that once flowed with a reddish-black taint now churns and bubbles with an unnerving intensity. Its consistency has thickened, resembling more of a viscous sludge than a flowing stream.

The pungent stench emanating from the corrupted waters has intensified as well. The air is heavy with the nauseating scent of decay, mingled with an acrid, chemical odor that makes your eyes water and throat burn. It's as if the corruption itself is seeping into the very air you breathe, tainting every breath with its malevolence.

The once vibrant surroundings have succumbed further to the corrupting influence. The sickly brown hue has deepened, spreading like a blight along the stream banks. The vegetation, once thriving and full of life, now appears shriveled and wilted, as if drained of all vitality. The branches of nearby trees sag under the weight of their dying leaves, which crumble into dust at the slightest touch.

As you cautiously follow the stream, the soundscape has transformed into an eerie symphony of distress. The corrupted water churns and gurgles with an almost sentient malice, as if it possesses a dark consciousness. The air no longer carries the songs of birds or the buzzing of insects, replaced instead by an unsettling silence broken only by the occasional distant howl of a corrupted creature.

In this unsettling environment, your eyes are drawn to a group of Giant Stag Beetles near the putrid stream. Their normally formidable presence is now accentuated by the corruption that courses through their bodies. The once majestic creatures appear twisted and distorted, their exoskeletons marred by grotesque growths and their movements marked by unnatural convulsions.

Approaching the corrupted Giant Stag Beetles, you can sense the malevolence that has taken hold of them. Their aggression is heightened, their mandibles snapping with an insatiable hunger for violence. Their eyes, once filled with primal instinct, now glow with an ominous, reddish-black radiance, mirroring the corruption that has infested their being.

Game Notes: Ulgar, Cyrus, Marina, and The_Mask's archer were on the flying carpet. Marina decides to cast Flaming Sphere onto the beetles. In doing so, she ignited the ooze and did 15 points of damage to everyone left on the ground. 3 of The_Mask's characters, a few of JarlFrank's, and some of Kalarion's dropped to the ground at 0 to negative health. Due to the fire, their wounds were cauterized and they didn't suffer bleeding damage.

The_Mask's monk cast Create Water and got a critical failure. That resulted in a flash flood that left all of the unconscious characters under water with the possibility of drowning. The following round, the beetles ran away only to be cooked to death by the raging fires that swept over the land. The characters spent two days resting and healing before moving on.

The group wanted to cut some of the encounters out because they felt like they had spent too much time doing this. It was about 3 months worth of sessions that this expedition was on. As a result, I removed the next three encounters.

The party encountered a saddened group of jungle nymphs to learn that many of them had been corrupted by the ooze. They begged for the group to heal the land before fleeing into the tropical forests.

Encounter Twenty-Eight​

Day 22 Week 8 Month 2 Year 1
Day

Jungle Giant

# Appearing: 8

AC: 3

Movement: 11

HP: 55

THAC0: 9

# of Attacks: 1

Damage/Attack: 2d8

Special Attacks: Surprise, Arrows

Special Defense: Special

Magic Resistance: None

Size: H 18’ tall

Morale: Champion 16

XP: 6,000 (48,000)

Split 24 ways: 2,000

Treasure: 24 gold chunks

As you continue your journey along the corrupted stream, you find yourself in a dense and foreboding jungle. The air is thick with humidity, and the sounds of wildlife are muffled by an oppressive silence. It is in this eerie setting that you encounter a group of eight imposing figures, known as Jungle Giants.

These Jungle Giants, once graceful and ethereal Jungle Nymphs, have fallen victim to the corrupting influence of the stream. Their bodies have grown in size and strength, transforming them into formidable giants standing at an impressive 18 feet tall. Their once vibrant and colorful forms have taken on a sickly, twisted appearance, reflecting the corruption that courses through their veins.

Game Notes: The giants got initiative and charged towards the group. The party cast entangle that snared 2 of the giants. They cast grease afterwards that resulted in 2 of the giants falling. Many of the rangers and fighters charged to inflict some good damage with quite a bit of misses. Gemetiti got a critical failure of a 1 on an attack and his stone axe +1 failed its saving throw. It shattered upon impact with the ground. The thieves attempted to hide in shadows and move silently to get behind the giants. One of The_Mask's characters cast web which held 3 of the 8 giants in place. The remaining 5 made their saves and jumped clear to land in front of The_Mask's group of characters.

We left off here due to running out of time. This looks like to be a really challenging fight for the party.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I'm enjoying the writeups and I love the concept of the game, hope you fellas are having as much fun as it sounds
:greatjob:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I'm enjoying the writeups and I love the concept of the game, hope you fellas are having as much fun as it sounds

I'm glad that you are enjoying it. :)

I believe my players are all loving the game. They are doing a great job in playtesting the rules.

If I have a slot would you like to play?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

I believe my players are all loving the game. They are doing a great job in playtesting the rules.

I definitely would like to but due to IRL responsibilities I can't commit to a regular game at the moment. I appreciate it, in any case!

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I definitely would like to but due to IRL responsibilities I can't commit to a regular game at the moment. I appreciate it, in any case!

We only meet every other week. Of that how many would you miss based on current schedule?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

We only meet every other week. Of that how many would you miss based on current schedule?
For me the sessions would be Saturday mornings meaning I'd probably have to miss most of them, honestly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom