Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dante's Inferno! New Trailer!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
AndhairaX said:
For crying out loud lestat, its gay emo shit.
From my point of view it's the exact opposite, you are the one who is a gay emo shit.

Kron

Arcane
OH MY GOD.

Dante Alighieri holding a fucking scythe.

This is bound to have a ton of errors regarding the book. That was Beatrice? WTF. And I bet Virgil will the tutorial guy, giving you tips on how to beat the game. That is, if they even remember he should be there somewhere.

Why don't we just go ahead and rape all remaining masterwork pieces of literature...? I just can't come up anymore with a reason of why we should respect something created by some crazed genius in the middle ages...

Andhaira

Arcane
Fuck you whiskeywolf. :)

@Lestat: I am not a fan of retarded button mashers.At most, I prefer action rpgs.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Action RPGs are usually even more dire than button masher action games. At least those games have combos to work out and some sweet moves to look at. Action RPGs consist of you spamming the same move over and over again.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
This game is shit, God of War is shit, Andhaira is shit.

/thread
There was only one thing that wasn't shit, and that was the Playstation 2.

And now even that is gone.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
AndhairaX said:
I am not a fan of retarded button mashers.At most, I prefer action rpgs.
Me neither.

But you claim to like this specific button mashing series. Dude, admit it. It is C-R-A-P.

MisterStone

Arcane
If they had decided to just set a game in hell and not used the name Dante Alighieri, it might be worth keeping an eye on.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Does anyone have the interview with the project lead? The part where he was saying that the main difference between this game and Dante's Inferno was the story. That's some comedy gold, right there.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Hobo Elf said:
Does anyone have the interview with the project lead? The part where he was saying that the main difference between this game and Dante's Inferno was the story. That's some comedy gold, right there.
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2 ... nferno/p1/
Its creators are hoping that the interactive product will be as influential as the epic poem it’s named after.
Knight admitted that the biggest departure from the poem will be in the story, noting that an “abridged narration” will reduce the amount of talking you hear, and that the game’s hero, while still based on Dante, will be less of a politician/poet and more of an action hero.
picard_facepalm.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
AndhairaX said:
But you claim to like this specific button mashing series. Dude, admit it. It is C-R-A-P.
Why is it crap, and why do you call it a button masher? Do try to give a long answer. I could use a laugh.

How can you praise a game when you haven't even played it yet?

Also, now that I have seen the trailer myself (DSL!!) I can see I made a small mistake: I assuemd the game was a part of the devil may cry series.

Both this and God of War 3 look pretty :yawn:. I won't pretend to give two fucks about a game's lore, as long as its fun and interesting, but both of these games aren't delivering at all. The dante trailers are only story/cutscenes or quick time event scenes, but what i've seen so far makes me facepalm. The GoW3 movie has a laughable lack of difficulty.

Why can't people try to copy an actual action game, like ninja gaiden, instead of these awsum games where you just rape everything effortlessly via quick time events? :annoyed: I think it's telling the first big movie the ng2 team released (after the announcement teaser) was actual gameplay.

Shannow

Waster of Time
At least the trailer spoils the end. Now we can quit talking about Dante's Peak 2 and move on to discussing aunthairy's concept of Devil May Cry and SD shields.

1eyedking

Erudite
Jesus. What's next, Milton's Paradise Lost?

"Fight your descent to Earth from Eden with Adan, a young and courageous double-barreled shotgun double-wielding hero. A mature game of epic proportions, you'll experience the first sin of man first-hand in awesome quick time events that will shape the destiny of humanity (and engender it!).

Heaven...has never been dirtier."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom