Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Released

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, I was hoping to play this, but it's clearly not worth shelling 50 jewgoldz now... Broken controls and unoptimized resolution - yeah, let's support that, not! And having seen some plot exposition on JewTube, I must say I am not impressed.

Speaking of broken ports, I am having a blast of a time with Sleeping Dogs - which proves to be a surprisingly well-made game port... If you get to run it. :troll:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Metro is a popamole lover. He thinks Witcher is better than Dark Souls. How pathetic.

Metro is right and since he dislikes Witcher his statement carries more weight than if it came from a subjective fan like the crass idiotic statements coming from DS lovers. But I guess if you like crap plot, dialogue, linear corridor pot bashing against the same 3 skeletons, crap button mashing combat, awful graphics and awesum difficulty based on cheap trial and error shit then I can see why Derp Souls is the game for you and so many others. After all, we live in the age of the Consoletard and there's no accounting for their tastes.

DS is the biggest popamole of them all. It's the Inception of the gaming world: a hideously overrated turd that people fawn over not knowing why but who feel too insecure to question what a bunch of pseudo-elitist wankers think of it. Criticism falls by the wayside. All those that praise the difficulty as some awesome shit obviously never played a game from the 90's with genuine rewarding difficulty and design. Trial and error that results in death if you make a wrong move does not make a game interesting or superior to others. It's a cheap and retarded design that only retards can find compelling.

made

Arcane
It is a pity that you're so hellbent on confirming your suspicion that the game sucks that it prevents you from giving it a fair chance. You're missing out, is all.

Dexter

Arcane
Metro is a popamole lover. He thinks Witcher is better than Dark Souls. How pathetic.

Metro is right and since he dislikes Witcher his statement carries more weight than if it came from a subjective fan like the crass idiotic statements coming from DS lovers. But I guess if you like crap plot, dialogue, linear corridor pot bashing against the same 3 skeletons, crap button mashing combat, awful graphics and awesum difficulty based on cheap trial and error shit then I can see why Derp Souls is the game for you and so many others. After all, we live in the age of the Consoletard and there's no accounting for their tastes.

DS is the biggest popamole of them all. It's the Inception of the gaming world: a hideously overrated turd that people fawn over not knowing why but who feel too insecure to question what a bunch of pseudo-elitist wankers think of it. Criticism falls by the wayside. All those that praise the difficulty as some awesome shit obviously never played a game from the 90's with genuine rewarding difficulty and design. Trial and error that results in death if you make a wrong move does not make a game interesting or superior to others. It's a cheap and retarded design that only retards can find compelling.
It's also a really good and well designed game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's no good PC RPGs anymore; all we have left are good and well-designed games.

Mortmal

Arcane
Console action rpgs , like everything released in the last decade. Can count the good pc rpgs with one crippled hand with only some fingers left... Drakensang, dragon age origin , kotc. Commie you are not usually making dumb comments like this, cheap and retarded design ? its a wonder of level design. Try the damn game, since its 1080 p it even give you the moral justification to torrent it.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah, it's a good CONSOLE action game, but a terrible PC RPG.

Not sure why (or if) anyone expected a console action game to be a good CRPG. It designed purely for console play and was ported only due to massive fan demand. That it was ported badly definitely reflects poorly on From/Bandai (especially given how easy it was to fix), but its kind of silly for anyone to be pissed that its not a CRPG.

As a console action game with (exagerrated) RPG elements, its pretty great. The environments are extremely well designed - probably the best level design I've seen. The combat is pretty solid; its hard in the sense that you have to actually learn how to play, but aside from occasional camera related cheapness, I only died when I made a mistake. The story is minimal, but its blessedly free of strangely knowledgeable peasants shouting exposition before they ask you to do their grocery shopping for them.

In terms of meaningful choice and consequences, its still better than anything by Bioware. (Zing!) You only get like one choice, but at least it matters. The autosave helps - no save spamming to see every consequence of your actions, which mostly involve killing or refraining from killing NPCs (not as straighforward as you would think).

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
There's no good PC RPGs anymore; all we have left are good and well-designed games.
Really? Top of my head from 2006 and onwards we've had (only mentioning well known titles), Neverwinter Nights 2, Drakensang, The Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, Gothic 3, Storm of Zehir, Drakensang 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Risen, Divinity 2, Legend of Grimrock. Upcoming we got Age of Decadence, Dead State, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, plus some lesser known names.
Do you really believe it was any better 10 years ago? From 2003-2006 we had what, NWN expansions and two games from Troika? PC RPG's have always been in short supply because there's usually only a handful of companies capable/interested in making them.

Did you play it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom