Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Das Geisterschiff Released

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Downloaded the demo for later perusing. Congratulations on releasing the game.
First perusing is done. Enjoyed dying in the tutorial. Will give it another go later.:salute:
Smiled at myself reading the description about the spider bot(?), explaining you
should avoid close combat with it, while backed in a corner. I successfully raised
the IQ of humanity by decreasing its population by one I guess.:lol:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Downloaded the demo for later perusing. Congratulations on releasing the game.
First perusing is done. Enjoyed dying in the tutorial. Will give it another go later.:salute:
Smiled at myself reading the description about the spider bot(?), explaining you
should avoid close combat with it, while backed in a corner. I successfully raised
the IQ of humanity by decreasing its population by one I guess.:lol:
Enjoy and thanks for giving it a try m8.

A piece of advice -- take your time to get used to the mechanics. I'm rolling out an update tomorrow to give some extra info in the tutorial (and fix some micro-issues), but overall I aimed to make the game different to other crawlers and rather difficult, but manageable once the player learns the nuances behind it and starts putting them to good use.
(flashbacks about private stream from yesterday where the player kept walking towards enemies with SMGs and ignored the advice about trying to scare them off or trying to lure them away from the higher ground)
:despair:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I hope you make a few sheckles, but none of your demos ever ran for me, just a black screen.

VIVA DAS GUNTHERSHIT!

Zep--

Jinn

Arcane
Pre-ordered this months ago. Look forward to playing soon.

ZZ, my friend, you have done it!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Pre-ordered this months ago. Look forward to playing soon.

ZZ, my friend, you have done it!
Thanks pal. It appears it's still rough around the edges in a few places, but I'm working towards fixing them.

I hope you make a few sheckles, but none of your demos ever ran for me, just a black screen.

VIVA DAS GUNTHERSHIT!

Zep--
Thanks dude.

PEACH

Arbiter
This looks fantastic and I love the wireframe aesthetics, will pick this up the moment it hits steam and see if I can get a couple of friends to do the same :salute:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Have no idea what to do on the first fucking level - how to get the D access level? I see the jammer over the abyss, but I have no idea what to do with it or how to reach it.

Sorry, it's not available in Das GuntherShit V1.

Das GuntherShit V2 will be released (with manual) sometime in the next year or so along with new "Title Screens".

Have Fun Homo Sapian!

Zep--

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
<= Blobber newbie.
Eh, this has nothing to do with blobbers, but alright.

Consider trying the tutorial, since this game is different than the majority of blobbers.
No dice?
(hint) Try analyzing the file/paper-like stuff on the walls in a couple of places.
Search the area for a Level C keycard.
Then find the security office to turn off the security barrier and get into the warehouse.
You may want to shoot the jammer just in case.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
zwanzig_zwoelf - I've done all of those things on my own (without going through the tutorial) but I can't shoot the jammer.
Can it be done only with a specific weapon? It says "No target found" or something similar when I try to shoot it from the bridge.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
zwanzig_zwoelf - I've done all of those things on my own (without going through the tutorial) but I can't shoot the jammer.
Can it be done only with a specific weapon? It says "No target found" or something similar when I try to shoot it from the bridge.
Jammers can be attacked with a quick attack by pressing CTRL. They're not detected by the targeting system by design.

EDIT: They can also be smashed if you can get close to them or turned off by pressing USE. In this case it's intentionally placed in an unreachable spot.

EDIT #2: I should definitely add information about this to the tutorial, my bad.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I will need to go through the tutorial it seems. :D

Anyway, the atmosphere and music are great. The minimalistic wireframe graphics as well, although I think they will get slightly boring over time. Adding different colors to different areas/rooms would IMO be a nice touch. Cheers.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I will need to go through the tutorial it seems. :D

Anyway, the atmosphere and music are great. The minimalistic wireframe graphics as well, although I think they will get slightly boring over time. Adding different colors to different areas/rooms would IMO be a nice touch. Cheers.
I'm thinking of using different color schemes if I'll end up making a sequel. Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciated. :love:

EDIT: v1.0.1 will have expanded information in the tutorial, releasing that patch tomorrow, so you may want to grab it once it's out.

aratuk

Cipher
Eh, this has nothing to do with blobbers, but alright.

Of course it does. If you watch the videos, it's a FPS corridor blobber. Do you even play your own game and not realize it for what it is?

Zep--

Blobbers are necessarily party-based games, where the party members are part of a single "blob" rather than having individual locations and movement rates and all the complexity that entails.

If that were not the case… all FPS games would be blobbers. This game has a single player character, not a party. Not a blobber.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
CyberWhale said:
Adding different colors to different areas/rooms would IMO be a nice touch. Cheers.
Even a colour change option would be a nice touch like in New Vegas, (and possibly relatively simple to implement?)
I should sell these as DLC. First one will be fabulous and irritating pink, second one will be Virtual Boy-like due to public demand and for 60 shekels one can get blue so it looks cyberpunk.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
CyberWhale said:
Adding different colors to different areas/rooms would IMO be a nice touch. Cheers.
Even a colour change option would be a nice touch like in New Vegas, (and possibly relatively simple to implement?)
I should sell these as DLC. First one will be fabulous and irritating pink, second one will be Virtual Boy-like due to public demand and for 60 shekels one can get blue so it looks cyberpunk.

Add red boots as dlc and you got me! :shittydog:
...even though I'll never see them, I -know- they're there! 8)

youhomofo

Augur
Oh Jesus fucking Christ I think that trailer turned me autistic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom