Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News David Gaider talks about dialogue choices AGAIN!

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Vault Dweller, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Human Shield Augur

Human Shield
    You didn't notice the "more" command on the 9th choice? Most of those lead to the same response too.

I don't really care about dialog, I wouldn't mind to be given a summary of the conversation and choice between "angry yes/no", "friendly yes/no", and a bunch of other generic options that would result in dynamic reactions.

^ Top  
  2. Diogo Ribeiro Erudite

Diogo Ribeiro
    That shit is wack. Twenty dialogue options? Can't say I recall that many at any given moment. There's about a couple of situations where you get more than 10, but 20 doesn't ring any bells.

Then again, Gromnir is right... Twenty or so options in one or two dialogue sections is largely meaningless in a game in the 40-60 hour range. It just isn't relevant. And as DU also pointed out, adding choices should only be done when they make sense, not at every turn.

^ Top  
  3. taks Liturgist

taks
    yeah, somebody says "hey, how's it going" and you get:

1. "bad, i need to slice my wrists downstream, not across the street"
    2. "fuck you"
    3. "blow me"
    4. "like roses!"
    5. "...

well, you get the picture.

taks

^ Top  
  4. Fez Erudite

Fez
    I love it.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.