Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Titans? Were they inspired by Ultimate Apocalypse/The Hunt Begin aka latest hot mod for DoW1?
Nah, otherwise battles would be bigger.
Maybe Relic take same step like ID - THB for DoW3 will be like Br00tal Dump for Doom, who know...

dawn-of-war-3-inside-relics-biggest-rts-yet/
because there was not much competition? There were some TA/SupComm inspired and else but all failed or ended mediocre and uninspired.

Tytus

Arcane
Why the fuck Orcs. Every god damn time.

The most boring faction of them all.
Kill yourself faggot.

Roll a new alt, muppet.

You clearly didn't get enough Dakka when you were a child and it retarded your development. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But...

Burn+the+heretic+kill+the+mutant+_a34604a712f31ff80f72f17be54d00aa.gif

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is it always Spehss mehreens? Why can't we have more games with IG in them.

Alex

Arcane
What an artsy piece of shite trailer. Get out of here Stalker. Baked beans pile of shit. Come in don't stand there. Christ I am hate. What the fuck mang. Everything was better before the official death of the Codex May 11th, 2008. ffs eat a dick

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What an artsy piece of shite trailer. Get out of here Stalker. Baked beans pile of shit. Come in don't stand there. Christ I am hate. What the fuck mang. Everything was better before the official death of the Codex May 11th, 2008. ffs eat a dick
The official death of the Codex was Apr 18, 2009.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
IG is expansion fodder, like in the 2 predecessors. Which is ok, because the expansions will have the better campaigns :D

bonescraper

It looks like a F2P browser game. DoW2, fuck CoH1 looks better

bonescraper

Step into a brutal battle between three warring factions

In Dawn of War® III you will have no choice but to face your foes when a catastrophic weapon is found on the mysterious world of Acheron.

With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.

UNLEASH THE GIANTS
Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

COLOSSAL BATTLES
Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale. Wage war with massive armies across violent volcanic terrain or onboard battlecruisers travelling fast through space.

CALL UP YOUR ELITE
Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.

DESTRUCTIVE ABILITIES

Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.

THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN
Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

ONE ARMY TO RULE
Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.

A NEW DAWN ONLINE
Your army will wreak havoc in online co-operative mode. Join the multiplayer community and forge new alliances - then turn the tables on your new 'friends' as they become foes in explosive, chaotic and competitive maps.

made

Arcane
Trailer was great. Screenshots look like straight outta SC2. Needs a grimdark post processing filter.

Sothpaw

Learned
Super hyped for a new Dawn of War. The initial info leaves me with a great first impression. For example:

- Single player campaign
- Focus on online coop
- Huge battles
- Base building

lightbane

Arcane
Looks like over-the-top GRIMDARK! moments are back. And so is retarded trailer behavior: the Codex Astartes does not approve charging a big mech with a puny chain-sword.
Lastly, hopefully the INDEED! narrator voice is back.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Trailer was cool, but the female voice over for space marines stuff bothered me :M

I'm leaning to there being a 4th faction they're not just revealing yet. They pulled the same stunt with dow2.

Gorgutz vs Macha vs Gabriel is very very :shredder: though, assuming they keep the VO and writing quality from previous games.

*gasp* I'd play for it the voice-acting alone, just to hear Angelos say profound-sounding things.

On the other hand, they're probably still using the damned four-squad-no-base approach again, which is heresy of the highest magnitude... Tentatively optimistic, regardless.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Why the fuck Orcs. Every god damn time.

The most boring faction of them all.
Kill yourself faggot.

Roll a new alt, muppet.

You clearly didn't get enough Dakka when you were a child and it retarded your development. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But...

Burn+the+heretic+kill+the+mutant+_a34604a712f31ff80f72f17be54d00aa.gif

Well, the orks are pretty bland in new WH40k.

Yeah, the ork codex really sucks. Mob Rule sucks, new units sucks, everything.
Its as if GW got tired of shitting on chaos, so they started shitting on orks instead.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It's not like RTS genre is flourishing now, so, it's something. Yet Relic is known to be the champions of major fuck-ups. They promise huge collossal battles, but all their games had HORRIBLE optimization, making huge battles a slideshow even on top rigs, CoH2 was horrible in that way. Then they simply can't understand patching. I am not asking for SC2 level balancing but they can't even understand their game and what skills or stats make online matches one-sided for some faction.
DoW2 multiplayer was a horrible ping-pong because they added retreat, which made retreating units nrear-invulnerable. It was like a failed rush in SC2 but you could always retreat and did not face consequences.
I hope for the best but with Relic I prefer to have lowest possible expectations.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Unit retreat in dow2 was by far the smallest of its MP's problems. The units were also anything but near-invulnerable, unless you were dumb enough to pepper them with scout bolters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom