Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's hoping for an unlikely necron return - loved them slow bastards back in the day
Part of me wants Necrons, but at the same time I dislike the "Newcrons," which basically are Tomb Kings/Space Egyptians. I thought the Dark Crusade Necrons were great though.

Tytus

Arcane
Here's hoping for an unlikely necron return - loved them slow bastards back in the day
Part of me wants Necrons, but at the same time I dislike the "Newcrons," which basically are Tomb Kings/Space Egyptians. I thought the Dark Crusade Necrons were great though.

What you don't like Necrons and Space Marines working together and respecting one another and then deciding on a truce? What is wrong with you. That's the best part about the Newcrons. :troll:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

What you don't like Necrons and Space Marines working together and respecting one another and then deciding on a truce? What is wrong with you. That's the best part about the Newcrons. :troll:
:negative:

I realize that the Necrons overlapped with Tyranids for being soulless killing machines that erase all life, but what made them unique to me was the C'tan and being leftover weapons from a prior war. Of all the changes GW could have made, it had to be the one that makes them Reasonablecrons.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
LOkxZgn.jpg

Thanks Doc.

I hope those crazy colors mean that we will get an army painting tool in the game. A much more robust one that the one in DoW 1. Like picking kolors for individuals sets of parts. Arms-pads, weapons, helmets, armors, boots etc.

Hard to say. They're dire avengers, so their armour is meant to be blueish. And we're getting the farseer from DoW 1 who was biel-Tan (green+white armor) which accounts for the green highlights.
We're *probably* getting some kind of army painter DLC at some point this being SEGA. (Just like Chaos will obviously be day 1 DLC). But the screenshot palette is just regular, canon eldar faggotry.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At last! The wait is alsmot over. I hope Sega will be more reasonable with DLC than they were with CoH2.

Endemic

Arcane
Hard to say. They're dire avengers, so their armour is meant to be blueish. And we're getting the farseer from DoW 1 who was biel-Tan (green+white armor) which accounts for the green highlights.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dh1Ic2gCu...ezwSN6fZw8/s640/Adepticon+2011+Armies+003.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SY28VkP2gKo/TDCM6rGwlgI/AAAAAAAAAXQ/Bnf8rumFW6Y/s1600/DSC02066.JPG

From what I can recall, Biel-tan have usually been green with white elements although that depends on the medium we're talking about.

Dire Avengers have blue armour and white helmets, at least according to the wiki: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dire_Avenger

Dayyālu

Arcane
I realize that the Necrons overlapped with Tyranids for being soulless killing machines that erase all life, but what made they unique to me was the C'tan and being leftover weapons from a prior war. Of all the changes GW could have made, it had to be the one that makes them Reasonablecrons.

Old Necrons were Terminator with a good amount of almost.... lovecraft-lite horror. Forgotten machines built by ancients Gods by enslaving an alien race, bent on eradicating all life, what's there not to love? A competent writer could have done great things. And of course, less stuff we knew better we could fill the place by ourselves.

New Necrons are like all new GW's fluff, mostly stupid. And if not stupid, bland. Dark Crusade had a great, if simple, set-up, with the Pariah guy narrating, and a proof that you could give a smug personality even to soulless machines. Who could have guessed? But nooo, we need zany and retconned Dynasties in Speesh.

Whatevs.

Trailer looks like someone played too much Dark Souls. Don't know why. Space Marines look skinny and out of proportion (compare them with the intro of DoW1&2). Maybe they got a less competent studio handling the cinematics.

Whatevs.

Graphics look like DoW2 with DoW1 unit sizes. Could be interesting, but if it has the CoH2 "DLC EVERYTHING; BATTEL BROTHAZ" model it will be a disgrace and an abortion of a game.

Whatevs.

Seethe

Arbiter
The trailer really threw me off, DoW 1 and DoW 2 had overall better cinematics, both in direction and in visuals themselves.

Female narrator felt odd too, but I guess that was the eldar farseer speaking?

DoW 1 trailer was shit and it made no sense. Why leave your perfect entrenchment to randomly die in open field?

Seethe

Arbiter
By the way, the music in the trailer is really awesome. I want it.

DramaticPopcorn

The trailer really threw me off, DoW 1 and DoW 2 had overall better cinematics, both in direction and in visuals themselves.

DoW 1 trailer was shit and it made no sense. Why leave your perfect entrenchment to randomly die in open field?
whatevs

Tytus

Arcane

Watch the trailer again. Orks were pounding them with mortars, that entrenchment was already compromised. And they only left their positions when they had fire support from a Dreadnought that disrupted enemy fire. Also Orks because of their nature are incapable of refusing a challenge so it was an easy way to force to leave their entrenchment. It was actually a decent way to take the hill from the Orks, rather than die to mortar fire and machine guns cowering under a chest high wall.

So despite my autism you are a dumbfuck.

Last edited:

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
man I remember faping to that trailer. Somehow it looked better back then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom