Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Dawn of War 3 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Baron Dupek

Arcane
It looked better because DoW1 was first RTS that didn't looks ugly.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Enjoyed DoW 1 was dissapointed with 2, Relic failed with Company of Heroes 2. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Nice trailer tho (female narrator causing butthurt among the 'fans' makes it even better), too bad that WH universe sucks a bag of dicks, there are some interesting moments here and there (Orks' faith in things, some of the Chaos gods), but ultimately it's all buried under the oversized space marine boot. Too much pathos, space elves and 'manly' wonkery.

If there was an RPG where you could play as an agent of Tzeentch on one of the imperium worlds or just derp around in the chaos realm - it would be pretty great, but other than that it's such a waste.

Thane Solus

Arcane
I liked both Dow I and II, but i liked the best Dark Crusade, due to the risk/total war campaign. Just dont do a fucking moba or i will "plane tickets bitch"....

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
As far as the campaign goes, I enjoyed DC as well. While I enjoyed SS as well, I hated the mission type where you had to defend critical points for 5 minutes to get on/off a planet.

Seethe

Arbiter
Watch the trailer again. Orks were pounding them with mortars, that entrenchment was already compromised. And they only left their positions when they had fire support from a Dreadnought that disrupted enemy fire. Also Orks because of their nature are incapable of refusing a challenge so it was an easy way to force to leave their entrenchment. It was actually a decent way to take the hill from the Orks, rather than die to mortar fire and machine guns cowering under a chest high wall.

So despite my autism you are a dumbfuck.

You are trying too hard to defend a shitty trailer in which the SM get slashed through easier than butter.

And that is still how you don't fight a battle like that in open field with no cover. Sitting in the trench and waiting for imminent reinforcements would've still been better and less risky. So despite your autism, you are also a dumbfuck.

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

Watch the trailer again. Orks were pounding them with mortars, that entrenchment was already compromised. And they only left their positions when they had fire support from a Dreadnought that disrupted enemy fire. Also Orks because of their nature are incapable of refusing a challenge so it was an easy way to force to leave their entrenchment. It was actually a decent way to take the hill from the Orks, rather than die to mortar fire and machine guns cowering under a chest high wall.

So despite my autism you are a dumbfuck.

You are trying too hard to defend a shitty trailer in which the SM get slashed through easier than butter.

And that is still how you don't fight a battle like that in open field with no cover. Sitting in the trench and waiting for imminent reinforcements would've still been better and less risky. So despite your autism, you are also a dumbfuck.

You are trying even harder to prove you are not a retard, but the joindate says it all

Yeah, trailer was atrocious. Space marines dying like guardsmen fodder. Fucking cucks, showing eldar and other gay shit like that. Who the fuck cares for space fucking elves? Get that homoshit out and put Chaos, Necrons and IG in.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, trailer was atrocious. Space marines dying like guardsmen fodder. Fucking cucks, showing eldar and other gay shit like that. Who the fuck cares for space fucking elves? Get that homoshit out and put Chaos, Necrons and IG in.
I understand IG and Chaos. Those factions can only make the game better, but do you really want Newcrons?

I understand IG and Chaos. Those factions can only make the game better, but do you really want Newcrons?

Very fun to play in DoW1. Not sure what GW has done with them recently though as I do not follow the new fluff at all.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

Very fun to play in DoW1. Not sure what GW has done with them recently though as I do not follow the new fluff at all.
What made the Necrons cool in Dow1 is gone. They are now like rival Egyptian pharaohs that want to regain their empire. Each Tomb King Necron lord has a different agenda and personality. Some of them are honor driven or trade/cooperate with the Imperium.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DoW 1 trailer was shit and it made no sense. Why leave your perfect entrenchment to randomly die in open field?
Indeed, it was dumb, but also awesome.
Reinforcements are coming, let's all charge stupidly and die before they get there.
But I suppose he had to cap the requisition point to make the come, or whatever.

Actually, it is one of the main problems with the franchise : in the lore, a Space Marine is able to single handedly kill a dozen to a hundred of opponents (depending on the BL author you are reading), but that would make for very silly games (and not many Space Marines miniatures sold), so even the miniature games contradict the lore :
I played Space Marines (the ancestor of Epic Armageddon) for years, and my space marines had no armor save, so they died as quickly as guardsmen indeed, and they didn't shoot better either.
The only game with a level of SM overpoweredness matching the books is the Space Marine game from Relic (and the various RPG, I suppose).

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, that's gay as hell.
To make matters worse, I think the Necrons main objective is to become organic beings again. Also, the Silent King, who helped cause the entire race to become robots, wants to unite the Necrons against the Tyranids, if I remember correctly. My knowledge of the lore is weak, but that is what I understood about the Newcrons.

In my opinion, they are the reasonablecrons now. Only a slight upgrade over filthy Tau.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
:negative:

Man, from arcane terminators to I-Robot. Who wrote the new fluff?
I do not remember, but I thought the point was so that people could customize their table top Necrons more. The Newcron dynasties can vary from conquerors to broken soulless robots (as they were before). Some can still be slaves of the Ctan, whereas others can be reasonable.

Edit: There is the possibility that Relic/Sega could add a Necron dynasty that was still soulless terminators.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bah, we don't need soulless terminators in the 40k universe, Google and Facebook are working hard to make them a reality in our own world.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Bah, we don't need soulless terminators in the 40k universe, Google and Facebook are working hard to make them a reality in our own world.
I think the change is a true loss. For me, Necrons were the leftover weapons from a prior war that was potentially even bigger and more violent than any 40k conflict. That alone made them awesome for me, and then you have the Ctan.

The worst part in my opinion is that in trying to make the Necrons more diverse, GW made them more bland.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Fuck, that's gay as hell.

Not to mention they fucked up their tech; before Necrons had FTL tech that allowed them to get around without using the warp.
Now they have to use Dolmen Gates to hijack the webway, and use the warp like all the other meat sacks.
Its not as if in the same codex and beforehand the Necrons were described as having dimension manipulating tech...Oh shit, they do. Fuck this retcon.

Also, C'tan are now basically pokemon; the necrons somehow rebelled against the C'tan, breaking them into shards, which they keep in tessaract labyrinths.

Instead of being insane robots undergoing an existential crisis, flayed ones are now infected by a virus that makes them hungry.

So yeah, 5th ed Necron book is full of derp. Muh robots with personality tho.

Last edited:

Inspectah

Savant
Damn. All I knew about the necrons came from dawn of war, so I loved how they were this slow moving terminators just bulldosing everything in their path.
Shame that they got pussyfied then

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom